HHN XX Speculation II

They cast Alice in the Parade building? Didn't they also cast the white rabbit in there too?

Man...I really wish they'd make an alice in wonderland style maze; what with the movie coming out earlier this year and it's popularity at it's peek, it's not TOO far fetched. Then again, Alice was a disney movie so yeah xD However, they could base it off the SZ a few years ago.....ahhhhh how awsome....I can dream ;D

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They cast Alice in the Parade building? Didn't they also cast the white rabbit in there too?

Man...I really wish they'd make an alice in wonderland style maze; what with the movie coming out earlier this year and it's popularity at it's peek, it's not TOO far fetched. Then again, Alice was a disney movie so yeah xD However, they could base it off the SZ a few years ago.....ahhhhh how awsome....I can dream ;D

I don't know about the white rabbit being cast there, but if Alice in Wonderland was apart of a maze this year it would be another Scary Tales.

Well, just because Alice and the Mad Hatter are mentioned, it doesn't necesarily mean they would have to be a part of Scary Tales. There's no reason the story could have a house dedicated to it; I mean...is it likely? No. But possible. At this point in the game, just about anything is possible :] Besides, I don;t think they'll do another Scary Tales, at least not this year.

And ah, thank you for the clarification EyeofHorus. White Rabbit was cast on Hollywood Blvd. I believe and Mad Hatter was over in the Parade building. I fumbled the names, but thank you for the correction :]

With the idea of Shadow Creek being a military outpost and everything, I'd think I like to throw in an interesting theory. What if this so called "military outpost" was experimenting with teleportation and they opened up the Gates to Hell, releasing all kinds of demons,monsters, etc. This story line was used in a game called, "Doom." With the Doom movie, that released back in 2006, whose rights is owned by Universal themselves, it's possible they could use the same story line, while also changing some names around to make it fit the the theming.

I really hope this is actually what Shady Creek is. Just read it out loud in a sinister voice...

"Perhaps you’ve never heard tales of this

legendary place sculpted from the Nevada

desert by renowned architect Tom Fazio. May

we assure you, descriptions, however grand, do

not begin to do this masterpiece justice. Shadow

Creek must be played. Shadow Creek must be experienced.

Only then can true lovers of the game begin to appreciate

its breathtaking beauty."

-- Shadow Creek Golf Course (Las Vegas)

How awesome would a sandtrap that's actually a portal to Hell be?! Sends shivers down the spine doesn't it? ha

The speculation Dr. Jimmy and another poster mentioned about the gates to hell (specifically, the military installation DOOM-esque idea and the more widespread, park-wide portals) would make me one happy visitor if it turned out to be true. I've always loved military-pandemic-style houses, from The Thing to Deadtropolis, etc. That would be awesome, in my opinion.

With all the speculation about the image from Shadow Creek, I began to wonder how much military was involved or WILL be. Could there be any chance this was a house of the apocalypse?

The symbol of Alpha and Omega are clearly shown on the logo with the double edged sword going right through the middle of both. It begins to reference the "Yin/Yang" with the black and white. So I began researching more into exactly what makes the Alpha and Omega so significant. Obviously, "Alpha/Omega" are strong symbols in religion. "I am the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end". In Its meaning is found in the fact that alpha (Α) and omega (Ω) are respectively the first and last letters of the Classical (Ionic) Greek alphabet. This would be similar to referring to someone in English as the "A and Z". I know that Universal would not mock religion or someone's religious belief but this could be a strong symbol for the apocalypse as this term is used far more frequently than only in the bible. So what is the significance of this?

I researched more and found that this term is used frequently in video games, which are ironically, also games set in the apocalyptic period. Games like Fallout 3 and Assassins Creed 2 use the term "Alpha/Omega" throughout.

The double edged sword also has meaning as its definition is "something that has or can have both favorable and unfavorable consequences" per Websters dictionary.

Now before you chop my head off and feed it to the wolves, understand this is ONLY speculation and my personal opinion. I figured we needed to look more into the meaning of the symbol and not just state "oh its only a military house" because of the FAUX codenames of the scareactors cast in tent 2.

Maybe a house the is the beginning of the afterworld (like Dr. Jimmy stated a portal into hell) and our double edged sword is the decision or lack there of that led those characters there. Yes, I know there was already a Doomsday house but that doesn't mean we couldn't see another apocalyptic style house again in the future! ;)

Hmmmmmmmmm...

Edited by strangeoneout

Well, just because Alice and the Mad Hatter are mentioned, it doesn't necesarily mean they would have to be a part of Scary Tales. There's no reason the story could have a house dedicated to it; I mean...is it likely? No. But possible. At this point in the game, just about anything is possible :] Besides, I don;t think they'll do another Scary Tales, at least not this year.

And ah, thank you for the clarification EyeofHorus. White Rabbit was cast on Hollywood Blvd. I believe and Mad Hatter was over in the Parade building. I fumbled the names, but thank you for the correction :]

i dont think it was ever said exactly where the white rabbit will be...

Museum house people, Dang, a compilation of Horror Nights past, UNLESS all the roles in the Parade are also CODE NAMES. Not going to see any sequels this year. Well except one that was never done as planned due to specific events that happened that year.

there are soooo many things wrong with that statement i cant even begin..... but no... greek myths and c'thulu have little to do with one another...

Well, I just saw a brief description of "At the Mountains of Madness" on G4, where they did mention the relation Grecian mythos. I don't know, I don't read stories about C'thlulu, and I'm certainly not on H.P. Lovecrafts balls. Frankly, I've got better things to do with my time then to read the complete back story of anthropomorphic squid. Also, when you feel the need to use an ellipsis, just use a comma.

Sorry to go off on a tangent, but you're both wrong. Horus is right in that it's unlikely that they'd mix Cthulu and Greek myth in the same house. However, Greek myth does have a place in Lovecraftian fiction. Hypnos, the personification of sleep, has actually shown up in some of the work that makes up said universe.

Also try not to be an ass Turbotax. Knowledge of literature isn't "being on an author's balls". Although the point about ellipses stands, you have a good point there. :3c

Anyhow, I doubt that they'd take from the storyline to Doom, although it is a possibility. I'm actually thinking more mutants or aliens. Shadow Creek, Shady Creek... I don't know. It gives off a Hangar 18 feel to me. Unless they're going to say that the demons from Hell ARE mutants. That... would be pretty silly, though.

Sorry to go off on a tangent, but you're both wrong. Horus is right in that it's unlikely that they'd mix Cthulu and Greek myth in the same house. However, Greek myth does have a place in Lovecraftian fiction. Hypnos, the personification of sleep, has actually shown up in some of the work that makes up said universe.

Also try not to be an ass Turbotax. Knowledge of literature isn't "being on an author's balls". Although the point about ellipses stands, you have a good point there. :3c

Anyhow, I doubt that they'd take from the storyline to Doom, although it is a possibility. I'm actually thinking more mutants or aliens. Shadow Creek, Shady Creek... I don't know. It gives off a Hangar 18 feel to me. Unless they're going to say that the demons from Hell ARE mutants. That... would be pretty silly, though.

thats why i said "little" to do with one another...

as far as my abuse of the ellipsis... its a personal calling card and a hint as well...

Screamscape:

"I’ve been sent a great rumor for HHN 20, which involves one of the large Soundstage haunts under construction. From what I’m told there may be one extra special haunt this season… a huge one… possibly the biggest Haunt ever built at HHN. Inside it would be a trip back through the year’s of HHN’s past, with sections dedicated to each of the previous years and the Icons that ruled the event that year where applicable."

Probably what we've already been speculating about in the parade building.

EDIT: Maybe not the parade building seeing as though it says "soundstage haunts".

Edited by Dick

not necessarily in my opinion.

Well I don't think they would dedicate a whole maze to Alice In Wonderland. Now that I think of it, we could walk into that tree and go into a "not so wonderland" with the mad hatter and all there. Not such a bad idea now that I thought of it.

Wait a minute!! Remember a couple of months ago when the full speculation thread was about a tree, well in AIW, she went into a tree to go to this wonderland. HERE IS WHERE THE TREE COMES IN!!

Of coarse I'm joking... :lol:

Screamscape:

"I’ve been sent a great rumor for HHN 20, which involves one of the large Soundstage haunts under construction. From what I’m told there may be one extra special haunt this season… a huge one… possibly the biggest Haunt ever built at HHN. Inside it would be a trip back through the year’s of HHN’s past, with sections dedicated to each of the previous years and the Icons that ruled the event that year where applicable."

Probably what we've already been speculating about in the parade building.

EDIT: Maybe not the parade building seeing as though it says "soundstage haunts".

if this is true does that mean we will see jack 4 times like the rooms for 10,11,16 and 17 or will they use eddie in 11 and darkness in 16 and what about 14 will cindy get her moment or are we stuck with a bald dude in a straight jacket. all in all im really excited about this house

Museum house people, Dang, a compilation of Horror Nights past, UNLESS all the roles in the Parade are also CODE NAMES. Not going to see any sequels this year. Well except one that was never done as planned due to specific events that happened that year.

you talkin bout a house from hhn XI?

or from XII?

I think he was hinting at either Eddie's year or Cindy's. Both were cut off and changed due to very unfortunate and tragic circumstances. IDK if we'll be seeing Eddie this year..so far there's been to hints or indications that we have. However, with all the talk and clues pointing in Cindy's direction, I wouldn't doubt it for a second that we'll finally come face to face with the demented little sweetheart.

And Hm. I say I can still picture an Alice in Wonderland house. I think it could be interesting on how they would do it. Like I said, it's pretty unlikely but it's still a fun thought to toy with.

As much as I hate to bring up the E word, Yes Eddie's Original RUN was toned WAY down following the events of Sept. 11th 2001. And Hostile Territory just did not have the same feel. Now if they added a RUN as originally planned for 2001 they may have a hit.

Busch Gardens seems to have figured that one out for this year with the rumored "Alone" house. The "Alone" house will be an extra, meaning it will cost to go thru the house, on top of the already paid admission.