HHN XX Speculation II

Hmm. Dr. Jimmy, you seem to be suggesting that SS22 will be somewhat related to the Caretaker or Cindy... or maybe I'm just reading too much into your italicized words.

I'm glad someone else noticed, because I thought his hint was rather obvious and was worried that I was going to make it to the bottom of the thread without anyone mentioning it!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The following post contains radical and possibly demented speculations which most likely represent my having too much imagination and time on my hands, but perhaps these will turn out to be so crazy that they are true?

When I read the following quote from our friend Anton, something popped out at me, I have emphasized the phrases in question:

This suddenly reminded me how A&D have been tying all houses at events together with little throw away easter eggs. Remember how every house in 2003 had the number 13 hidden in it somewhere? How every house in 2005 contained the Terra Cruentus symbol?

Or more to the point, how Bloody Mary made a little cameo appearance in most of the houses in 2008?

Reading about Icons making cameo appearances gave me a really weird and twisted idea, suppose that all of the houses this year are all new? But that each house contains a surprise cameo appearance by an HHN character from the past? In other words one room in each house will contain a scene totally unrelated to the rest of the house! A "shadow of the past" as it were.

Then, we could see Jason in SS 22, Freddy in Jaws, Mad Hatter in Parade, but the rest of the house would have nothing to do with them!

Just an insane and completely unlikely idea from my over heated brain.

A fascinating idea. Allow me to take it a step further, by suggesting that perhaps while each house may appear to be brand new, but on a more subtle level relates to, is similar to, or is perhaps even a continuation of stories we already know. Hence, the cameos of familiar characters would be the little "stinger", as it were.

Edited by Dr. Phibes

About that Fear personified thing that Emeric Belasco hinted about. I know nothing to support or disprove this, but it would explain the name of the event.

Back in June I brought up the idea of HHN19's red light signifying all of the active icons being in hell and that for HHN20 someone will conjure the spirits to walk again in some form. Then mentioned later on in June that the lantern flames played into the hell concept for previous icons, etc. Hmm...

Back in June I brought up the idea of HHN19's red light signifying all of the active icons being in hell and that for HHN20 someone will conjure the spirits to walk again in some form. Then mentioned later on in June that the lantern flames played into the hell concept for previous icons, etc. Hmm...

That is a really good idea. But who shall conjure them up? Some may say the Storyteller, but a new icon would be so much better and more probable.

That is a really good idea. But who shall conjure them up? Some may say the Storyteller, but a new icon would be so much better and more probable.

A new icon would be my guess. Someone that is taking the souls to an unknown entity (future icon) but something happens and the souls from the lantern break lose into the current event.

This allows us to have a completely new event yet still utilize past icons in some way. And also setup the story arc for a much larger, more important, icon the following year.

A new icon would be my guess. Someone that is taking the souls to an unknown entity (future icon) but something happens and the souls from the lantern break lose into the current event.

This allows us to have a completely new event yet still utilize past icons in some way. And also setup the story arc for a much larger, more important, icon the following year.

A very nice, IF this does happen, do you think the past icons will trap him in the lantern with them at the end of the event or will he rein once again in the later years?

i might be a little slow but is this year going to be like a closure for all the past icons, and next yr will bring in the new generation of hhn icons?? JW sorry if this has been talked about.

Edited by jman90210

A very nice, IF this does happen, do you think the past icons will trap him in the lantern with them at the end of the event or will he rein once again in the later years?

If this happened I would imagine the past icons being captured successfully at the end. This would allow for this year's icon's boss to hold them captive. Which, in turn, would allow HHN to use any of them again down the road.

But, with this year's icon being in 'the dog house' after this huge screw up, his/her boss would manifest for HHN21 and showcase a level of fear we haven't seen before.

If this happened I would imagine the past icons being captured successfully at the end. This would allow for this year's icon's boss to hold them captive. Which, in turn, would allow HHN to use any of them again down the road.

But, with this year's icon being in 'the dog house' after this huge screw up, his/her boss would manifest for HHN21 and showcase a level of fear we haven't seen before.

I like the way you're thinking. Very cool idea. I wouldn't mind seeing this at all.

Well only time will tell if you're right lol, the website should be updating soon so we can get more info :D

I like the way you're thinking. Very cool idea. I wouldn't mind seeing this at all.

Well only time will tell if you're right lol, the website should be updating soon so we can get more info :D

Thanks. With my background in film/development/marketing I saw this playing out at the end of last year's event. Naturally, I could be completely wrong. But it seems to fall in line with everything. Even more so now with the lantern, the growing flames, icon faces in the flames, etc.

Not necessarily someone new. In 2006, they we summoned by Darkness, the villain from the movie Legend, who made no further appearances besides The Arrival.

Reading about Icons making cameo appearances gave me a really weird and twisted idea, suppose that all of the houses this year are all new? But that each house contains a surprise cameo appearance by an HHN character from the past? In other words one room in each house will contain a scene totally unrelated to the rest of the house! A "shadow of the past" as it were.

Then, we could see Jason in SS 22, Freddy in Jaws, Mad Hatter in Parade, but the rest of the house would have nothing to do with them!

Actually I would love if this was the case, I would love if the houses and the event were new, but you would see the Icons all over the place as well,

well, I'm just talking about the speculation here but one thing I never understood is why would they do sweet 16 as a reunion year when only 4 years later it would be the anniversary, sometimes I was wondering why make 16 so special and not just another year with a new icon, and instead have two reunion years so close together, I think if the reunion would have been kept to the 20th year, it would have made more sense, and it would have been more epic.

But like I said, I am just giving my opinion based on the speculation and the clues about the icons being there. but for all we know this year will be completely new,

I just wonder why they made 16 the reunion year

A note on "Mad Hatter" I don't believe it's a code name.

Some of the people case as the Mad Hatter have been Mad Hatters several times in the Scary Tales houses.

It's too much of a coincidence for it to be purely a code name.

Some further thoughts on the apparent code name "Hockey" for a scareactor in the SS 22 house:

Hockey in addition to Jason Voorhees and the aforementioned Miroslav Satan, brings to mind the common euphemism for the word "Hell" - H, E, double hockey-sticks. Perhaps a hellish character is implied?

Or perhaps the clue is a reference to a hockey puck?

Puck aka Robin Goodfellow, most well known from Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream, is an ancient woodland prankster spirit of British mythology. He can be a lighthearted trickster, but also can be a terrifying creature.

He is often portrayed as a sort of Pan or Satyr like spirit.

robingoodfellow.jpg

But he has also been shown as a Wild Man of the Woods.

mad1a.jpg

Or perhaps it refers to a more literal hockey puck?

Hockey_Puck_In_Head.jpg

On another topic of speculation I recently found this YouTube video of the old Fire and Ice scarezone from 2003:

In it we can clearly see that included in the Ice Queen's Army of Orcs were those armed with chainsaws. thus my previous speculation about Orcs with chainsaws may prove to be accurate after all.

I like the conspiracy theory. We've become embroiled in a game of win or lose, life or death....

...okay, not life or death. Still, I like to think that TPTB (the powers that be = Universal) engage in this little cat and mouse every year because it's fun to try to outwit us.

Mae

This is what draws us embroiled, message board folks to the event each year. That extra layer of interactivity, mystery and fun that comes from subtle hints and play on words from those in the know. :)