HHN XX Speculation II

Odd, it seems my post was deleted.

Although I do not know for a fact what DOW actually stands for, I have a couple of guesses based on two theoretical models on what this house will entail. If the house is about a Mutually Assured Destruction experimental biological warfare resource going out of control then I suggest Doomsday Omega Weapon.

However if the military experiment involved a trans-dimensional portal that opened into a rather unpleasant place, then I suggest Demons Of War.

Maybe Dr. Jimmy. I think your close on some things but really off on others.

Edited by strangeoneout

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Odd, it seems my post was deleted. It's very annoying to have a post pointing something out and then deleted.

Maybe Dr. Jimmy. I think your close on some things but really off on others.

As far as I can see your posts are still there. I cannot help but notice what portion of my post you have italicized and underlined, does this mean we will all get to sing The Doom Song???

Strangeoneout, you don't know the Doom song? From Invader Zim? For shame....for shame....:P

And I have to agree that Demons of War sounds like a probable DOW translation. As much as it DOES sound alot like a military based house, if we do have a whole "open portal" scenario going on here, Demons of War sounds alot more like the winning ticket.

And I have to agree, Dr. Jimmy you're on your A-game today. However, the Planet of the Apes idea doesnt sound too likely. Good thinking though; maybe next year. :]

You can always have a homage though. So its possible that elements of what Dr. Jimmy is discussing may be true.

I'm still thinking its a "Disciples of W....", that was the first thing that hit me when the reports on names came through. Or its all a code for something else which would make Dr. Jimmy's Planet of the Apes theory very pertinent since they could've used it as the basis for their code.

You also have to remember that a large portion of this years event was thrown out after certain members left the team and the event was rethought and planned in a new and completely original way. Things where thought of and done very differently this year in terms of planning.

I'm sure some things were altered or shuffled about, but the event was pretty much nailed down before "certain members" left the team. Theme wise, advertising wise, and story wise, yeah, we'll see some changes brought about after this departure. But as far as major structural changes, house alterations, or other huge sweeping change, no, I don't think we'll be seeing that. You can't just arbitrarily change something in an event of this magnitude...there are carpenters, electricians, lighting and sound design people, actors, writers, artists...a literal army of folks who would have to be brought up to speed on these changes, wasting valuable time and money. Changes would entail redesign, rewrites, and brand new casting and costuming decisions. Stuff like that takes time, and when you're planning something of this size, 365 days is almost not long enough to get it done according to the original plan, let alone if new things keep popping up. You simply don't scrap something you've been planning for two-three years and replace it with something spur-of-the-moment.

I do agree with the basic premise that HHN has become a bit stale as of late, and it certainly does need a shot in the arm. (Or a kick in the ass.) But as far as this year's event being a huge, major, "Oh-my-whistling-frak-I-can't-believe-they-just-did-that" departure from previous events...well, I wouldn't hold my breath.

But, as always, I could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong. But I don't think I am.

EDIT: Oh, BTW, I am in love with Dr.Jimmy's "bomb mutant" idea. I also know for a fact that certain members of A&D love these old school sci-fi films with great passion...yes, even Beneath the Planet of the Apes (my rave fave Apes movie). Not saying that it means anything, really, but I'm sure they would find the idea of a house based on BPOA quite amusing, and I am QUITE sure they wouldn't hesitate to take inspiration from there. If they wanted to. Just saying.

Edited by Bsquare

I have to agree with you Mike! I really do love the fact that everything surrounding this year has remained so secretive, it's a nice change from knowing three months ahead of time every single detail of the entire event. There's something about not knowing that makes the anticipation a bit more exciting... :)

I would agree here as well. It keeps us on our toes, as well as keeps our minds working. I love a good in depth mystery- something that is well thought out, and so far that is exactly what this all seems to be. You have to do some research for some of the things this year in order to understand certain connections. And although we did that all in the past as well, most of the time it was just the event. Now its the event, LT, characters and things like the lantern.

Tis interesting.

I also have to state my admiration to the work put into the "family tree." B)

I do agree with the basic premise that HHN has become a bit stale as of late, and it certainly does need a shot in the arm. (Or a kick in the ass.) But as far as this year's event being a huge, major, "Oh-my-whistling-frak-I-can't-believe-they-just-did-that" departure from previous events...well, I wouldn't hold my breath.

As someone who is and was quite vocal that least year was boring at best..., believe me when i say with a certain safety in certainty that.... you will be wrong about this one. Start holding your breath

As someone who is and was quite vocal that least year was boring at best..., believe me when i say with a certain safety in certainty that.... you will be wrong about this one. Start holding your breath

I tried that, but I kept passing out and breathing again. I would try the David Carradine approach, but I look terrible in heels.

But somewhat seriously, I do hope you are right, brother. I was all ready to make HHN XX my HHN swan song...last year was just way too "Been there, seen that, got the T-shirt, washed a car with it". I'm honestly stumped as to what they CAN do that we haven't seen umpty-ump million times before. I was all ready to give it a pass next year and attend Dragon Con instead. But maybe this year will leave me so energized I will be champing at the bit for HHN XXI. One can only hope.

Free beer would also work wonders...are you reading this, A&D?

Edited by Bsquare

I also have to state my admiration to the work put into the "family tree." B)

Finally! Someone else who is on board with the family tree idea! A family tree would be a great thing to create given that that could be an icon brought back for years to come i.e. the family tree just keeps "growing."

Here's a great link all about it. I already posted it but I'll post it again.

HHN FAMILY TREE

Maybe I'm just so obsessed with the idea because it's the first solid thing that could possibly make sense that I have to grasp onto so far rumor wise.

Maybe I'm just grasping at straws. But it could totally work.

I tried that, but I kept passing out and breathing again. I would try the David Carradine approach, but I look terrible in heels.

But somewhat seriously, I do hope you are right, brother. I was all ready to make HHN XX my HHN swan song...last year was just way too "Been there, seen that, got the T-shirt, washed a car with it". I'm honestly stumped as to what they CAN do that we haven't seen umpty-ump million times before. I was all ready to give it a pass next year and attend Dragon Con instead. But maybe this year will leave me so energized I will be champing at the bit for HHN XXI. One can only hope.

Free beer would also work wonders...are you reading this, A&D?

LOL, stay classy...

seriously though... if im wrong and this year continues the slide of events where we are mere spectators like last year... im with you, my 20th year would be my last.

This is only my 3rd year, which may explain why I'm not as tired of these themes as others are. The problem with Halloween events is that there is only so much you can do. As they say there are no original ideas in Hollywood, my friends. From what I've learned from following HHN this year I feel safe in saying that this year will probably be more involving and "new" than previous years...I mean, look at the level of involvment we are at now and the event hasn't even opened yet. Yes, my friends...I have a strangely positive vibe concerning the evnt this year, let's just hope that my somewhat keen instincts don't fail me.

Guest EmericBelasco

Are there any amongst us who are familiar with the works of the great Bard?

I, for one, have always been fond of Julius Caesar. Specifically, Act 3, Scene I, Line 273.

Are there any amongst us who are familiar with the works of the great Bard?

I, for one, have always been fond of Julius Caesar. Specifically, Act 3, Scene I, Line 273.

Well, of course I am - having tread the boards as a youth and being an unrepentant anglophile. In fact I already was certain of the lines before I went to my shelf and pulled down my well worn volume of the Bard's plays to see, and found I was in fact correct:

]Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the dogs of war!

Dogs Of War, eh?

Whatever are you trying to tell us?

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

Strangeoneout, you don't know the Doom song? From Invader Zim? For shame....for shame....:P

And I have to agree that Demons of War sounds like a probable DOW translation. As much as it DOES sound alot like a military based house, if we do have a whole "open portal" scenario going on here, Demons of War sounds alot more like the winning ticket.

And I have to agree, Dr. Jimmy you're on your A-game today. However, the Planet of the Apes idea doesnt sound too likely. Good thinking though; maybe next year. :]

Ah, that DOOM song. Yes that song I know.

I'm sure some things were altered or shuffled about, but the event was pretty much nailed down before "certain members" left the team. Theme wise, advertising wise, and story wise, yeah, we'll see some changes brought about after this departure. But as far as major structural changes, house alterations, or other huge sweeping change, no, I don't think we'll be seeing that. You can't just arbitrarily change something in an event of this magnitude...there are carpenters, electricians, lighting and sound design people, actors, writers, artists...a literal army of folks who would have to be brought up to speed on these changes, wasting valuable time and money. Changes would entail redesign, rewrites, and brand new casting and costuming decisions. Stuff like that takes time, and when you're planning something of this size, 365 days is almost not long enough to get it done according to the original plan, let alone if new things keep popping up. You simply don't scrap something you've been planning for two-three years and replace it with something spur-of-the-moment.

EDIT: Oh, BTW, I am in love with Dr.Jimmy's "bomb mutant" idea. I also know for a fact that certain members of A&D love these old school sci-fi films with great passion...yes, even Beneath the Planet of the Apes (my rave fave Apes movie). Not saying that it means anything, really, but I'm sure they would find the idea of a house based on BPOA quite amusing, and I am QUITE sure they wouldn't hesitate to take inspiration from there. If they wanted to. Just saying.

If you start over soon enough then the sky's the limit. My understanding is that the majority of the event was re-conceptualized from the original event planned. The way they put the event together this year is unlike they have ever done in the past.

Dr. Jimmy, you card you!!!!! As I'm sure you already know He's implying that DOW stands for Dogs of War. Very juicy info if you ask me

I'm not sure why we continue to try and figure out what DOW stands for? Its has been confirmed that the majority of names this year are code names meant to throw people off. It's all a bit of a GAME to Universal really. We shouldn't be asking what DOW means but instead what is a DOW? And if you've been paying attention to this thread it has been mentioned once or twice what a DOW is. Maybe not exactly what a DOW is, but close enough.

At least the Crazies rumor finally seems to have died. I was about to SHOOT myself if I heard that theory again.

Edited by strangeoneout

hard to believe we still have no solid evidence of any houses or scarezones let alone a theme! :blink::lol:

"Dogs of War" was also a short lived 1994 Marvel comic book series in which two soldiers were abducted my aliens and had their DNA altered in biological engineering.

theres probably 1000 things that have used Dogs of War ,DOW does not stand for dogs of war . this is a rumor

it could be true tho , since we have heard the two parks rumor ,they might pull something from marvel

Edited by CNYHHN315

i feel like we might be missing the big picture here or just beating around the bush about it..or maybe i even missed it somewhere among the many pages of post hahaha.. but my gut tells me that darkness is going to be the warlord of this party this year hahahaha.. i felt like its hit me in the face a couple of times but the biggest hit was the whole "new era of darkness" i have a feeling this guy is going to take over like the creep keeper did back in the hayday..hahaha just a random thought id share i could be completely wrong soo just see it as a bad joke haha..oh and LT is such a fun game reminds me of my good pal the riddler.hahaha..

hard to believe we still have no solid evidence of any houses or scarezones let alone a theme! :blink::lol:

theres probably 1000 things that have used Dogs of War ,DOW does not stand for dogs of war . this is a rumor

I know that there is a 99.999999% chance that it doesn't stand for dogs of war.

I'm not totally naive. ;)

It's just fun to speculate and pull out fun facts like that... like a puzzle of sorts.

It too is driving me crazy that we have no solid evidence of any houses of scarezones that I'm just grasping at straws! :lol: