HHN XX Speculation II

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's an interesting theory. But, who or what would do this?

Who or what would do this? Well I have no idea who, but perhaps the what would be an artifact of some sort. Perhaps...the lantern? Lighting it awakens some ancient evil that has been dormant in the shadows...

Going back to Carey OH. Since I believe that Carey's a small town village, (The real life Carey is in fact a village town) I think the Disaster Queue house could have a Carey setting given the limited info we have on the house that points to a village like-suburban house setting (garage with a car, fencing)

I am reeally confused on Jaws now. From everything we have seen in codenames to roles. It points to NOES. But i know thats almost impossible since the lawsuit and it doesnt tie in. But i was quite shocked to figure out they stuck Saw in there last year so it could be a icon house. Jeez i hope not.

I am reeally confused on Jaws now. From everything we have seen in codenames to roles. It points to NOES. But i know thats almost impossible since the lawsuit and it doesnt tie in. But i was quite shocked to figure out they stuck Saw in there last year so it could be a icon house. Jeez i hope not.

And if it is. I called it. From when the pics of the brunt wood were posted :)

okay back on topic

On the idea, someone or something opens Pandora's Box inside the museum and unleashes the evils into the innocent town of Carey, Ohio turning everything into havoc and chaos. I'm thinking an evil brotherhood of the "Lantern" is behind these demonic doings. Anything is possible, if I must say.

One more thing... Just about this BM thing, and I know we keep dragging it on. But is it still bpossible for Uni to bring Mary in as ONLY the Dr. Agana; this will prevent possible lawsuits over this stupid licensing of an urban legend no, considering it was Universal's Creation?

And I have an idea! What if the Burnt Wood was from a fire that was caused BY the lantern?

It could even tie in with the Caretaker and his burnt down building.

Could it be possible if the lantern twists and distorts the soul of its wielder? Meaning that the "icons" are tied together BY the lantern, which at one point or another drove each and every one of them into their present state?

I mean think about it. The lantern and light. Light represents knowledge, or enlightenment. What if it was corrupt enlightenment? And that is what carzy-fies the people, like an unquenchable thirst for evil....

Edited by Sohrin

I Think our new Icon is going to be Hades..Lord of the underworld. In the story of the jack 0' lantern its told that when the light goes out the devil can take shape of anything it wants which follows on the web site talking about the light flickers evil takes shape. I also see a lot of talk about Greek mythology... which brings me to another point Jack had risen from the ashes in his story...so he had to go somewhere and make a deal with someone right? so don't you think its time to meet the collector of souls...time for jack and the other icons to pay his/their debt......and there's only one who would make those deals and that's Hades... Just a thought

2) If Carey is the root of all evil, then it may be possible that it is the doorway to hell itself. Maybe there is no tie to the Storyteller, maybe Nightmare will lead us through this area/house. After all, he was there in the Shadows from the Past scarezone.

-- Voorhees

Wow, that door to hell actually remind me of the movie In the Mouth Of Madness

The movie had a similar plot about hell kind of and it was part a tribute to H. P. Lovecraft, and well although it's very unlikely they will do a house on the movie or anything like that, I loved the movie and I would love if they did something similar for HHN. Besides, In the Mouth of madness is like the perfect movie to adapt as a house in another year imo. to me the movie has HHN written all over it.

Just want to throw something out here...... The Shadows scarezone was not only presented to be a preview of HHN XX, but also used to gauge fan response and get some ideas from the diehard HHN followers. I know some people on here were interviewed for this purpose.

I'll say it again, think outside the box. Try not to base all of your speculation on Shadows of the Past.

Oh, I kinda forgot about those recorded interviews, I remember they asked people questions about their favorite houses, maybe they were going to use the answers to do some of the stuff for this year?

Edited by black7mask

Museum, Greek mythology, release the evil, think outside the box...

this all adds up to one thing:

pandoras-box.jpg

somebody opened Pandora's box!

.....Dr. Agana had a jewelry box passed down to her from her grandmother that possessed her over time. Since Bloody Mary probably may not return to HHN, the story could be rewritten to have the jewelry box be the modern day incarnation of said Pandora's Box.

Otherwise, I see a little girl holding in her hands a mysterious box and opens it, unleashing untold sorts of unspeakable horrors amongst a quaint little village town in Ohio...which may already have some nasty evils lurking within the confines of its many buildings of its own.

One last bit of speculation and then I'll shut up. And this will probably ruffle a bunch of feathers the same way it did with the thought of the Crazies maze in the Second Sprung Tent.

Given the fact that we're currently on the speculation of Greek myths and the history of evil, something popped into my head about a particular icon from Horror Nights past that would work well for a situation like this...

...the Storyteller.

Now hang on, before you grab the pitchforks from Sprung 2, hear me out.

Technically, she is the only icon without a developed backstory, and that's if you discount the storyline of Dungeon of Terror Retold from Sweet 16 where she was part of a family bent on disciplining those with intolerable behavior...well, let's just discount that storyline entirely for the purpose of this particular speculative post.

Anyway, I had rather always wanted her to be redone as one of the infamous Sisters of Fate. The three sisters are an integral part of Greek mythology, weaving the Threads of Life for all living mortals, and deciding when someone will live/die. See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moirae for more details and information. In most versions of the Greek Fate sisters, they are told as old cronies, and on some occasions, shown as all three being blind except for one eye that they share amongst each other; this is most evident in the Disney film Hercules:

15781-25018.gif

...and as the Sisters are the focal point of the game God of War 2:

IoRup4cen.jpg

Since The Storyteller was originally made as a character that can bring stories to life (as evidenced by Tales of Terror and the original plans for Scary Tales 3 at the Sweet 16), why not try to rewrite her as the last surviving Sister of Fate, an old, withering, one-eyed hag with a decayed storybook and a ball of twine? Perhaps maybe even carrying a mystical box tempting any curious female to open and unleash untold evils upon the earth?

...'k, now I'll shut up.

Edited by RingMaster

On the idea, someone or something opens Pandora's Box inside the museum and unleashes the evils into the innocent town of Carey, Ohio turning everything into havoc and chaos. I'm thinking an evil brotherhood of the "Lantern" is behind these demonic doings. Anything is possible, if I must say.

What if this Brotherhood is exactly what has been lurking in the shadows? Maybe this year we will only BEGIN to know a little about this group that has been hiding in the shadows. What if this year marks the new era of icons, and each year we will learn more and more about each member of this group? Just a thought...

I was also pondering the 'arts and crafts' clue given out. I'm thinking maybe the 'con-artist' of the Mel's drive-in scarezone might have something to do with this or it's referring to one of the two remaining soundstage houses that might have the theme. Odds are it mean both. Maybe a house where you travel through different potraits created by a mentally disturbed painter. More like the movie "Waxworks" but without the wax

Relating to what dark_orphan said, that makes some sense. I mean, people keep going on and on about this being a new era of horror. I like the idea that we'll gradually be introduced to some new group of icons over the course of the next few years.

Now about the Storyteller, idk if that'll happen-her being one of the three fates and all-but its an amazing tie in and a hell of an idea. You have my props, my friend :P

However, idk who said it, but the idea of Sindy being the one whose "opened pandora's box" makes alot of sense to me. As I mentioned before, I just can't picture Universal introducing her last year and not intending on doing so this year. She's in this somewhere folks, we just gotta figure out where

This is strictly speculation, there was no confirmation!! Just speculating, but at auditions today two really cute(yes that was neccessary) blonde girls were cast and of course we didnt know for what parts but there was a lot of talk of them being Cindys, whether true or not, idk but i thought they were more Alice looking, but i didnt see shadows of the past scarezone, maybe someone has pictures of the Cindys from that zone???

This is strictly speculation, there was no confirmation!! Just speculating, but at auditions today two really cute(yes that was neccessary) blonde girls were cast and of course we didnt know for what parts but there was a lot of talk of them being Cindys, whether true or not, idk but i thought they were more Alice looking, but i didnt see shadows of the past scarezone, maybe someone has pictures of the Cindys from that zone???

Cindy has Black hair.

Cindy has Black hair.

Yes but didn't the portraits in Scream House: Resurrection depict her with blonde hair in at least one portrait? That was kind of puzzling to me... some sort of underlying dualism to Cindy?

So I was bored tonight as my gf was playing Xbox 360 and read all the backstories to most of the icons.

One thing stood out at me...

An angry Mob of family members, outraged at what had potentially became of their loved ones, took matters into their own hands destroying the funeral parlor. They set the place on fire, which engulfed the home and the Bearer family in flames.

Cindy escaped into the graveyard, her face a trail of burning flesh.

Now its been confirm there is burnt wood in the JAWS extended que... What if they maybe continue Cindy story from the moment the angry mob burnt down her family home? Im not saying Screamhouse will come back by any needs.. this is just a thought.

For that to hold true there would be much more "Burnt" wood than what was seen in any of the pictures, it was nothing more than a few of the 2x4's charred.

A wise man would look beyond the past, and into the future.

Edited by Pha_Q

That's going to be really weird to see Screamhouse leave the soundstage after three incarnations to a location like Jaws. Not to mention that would really be way too similar to the original Screamhouse to begin with; the original had you going inside the charred remains of the funeral home (at least, it would've appeared that way by looking at the facade).

For that to hold true there would be much more "Burnt" wood that what was seen in any of the pictures, it was nothing more than a few of the 2x4's.

A wise man would look beyond the past, and into the future.

A few pieces that could be seen through a doorway, who's to say how much more lays beyond that doorway throughout the rest of the house.

Why are we so obsessed with the past? Lets obsessed about the future cause it is full of darkness.

That's going to be really weird to see Screamhouse leave the soundstage after three incarnations to a location like Jaws. Not to mention that would really be way too similar to the original Screamhouse to begin with; the original had you going inside the charred remains of the funeral home (at least, it would've appeared that way by looking at the facade).

It might not be Screamhouse per say.. maybe one or two scenes.. we escape the same way she did but to be honest really dont know what happen after she escape.. that story is untold.

Edited by Dr. Raymond Holmes

I know we are talking about the past and how we should look towards the future. But,what if its both?What if after she escaped into the gRaveyard,she couldnt have stayed there the whole time did she? She would probably have gone to a SMALL town where not much would hear of the atricities of what her family did.Such as Carey,Ohio.There while in hiding,she somehow finds Pandoras box. Not completly sure how she would of found it but surely icons from the past have something to do with it.She opens it,revealing the next era of HHN icons,locked away for centuries,waiting to be released.And finally she takes her revenge along with the next era of icons.

What does everyone think?