HHN XX Website Updates

The first one looks like the Storyteller.

The second one looks like the Director

The third one looks like Eddie or Jack, it has the eyebrow makeup, but lacks other features of Jack and the lower face is strangely flat. I'd say Eddie!

The fourth looks like a witch, but does not really resemble any of the icons.

The fifth is very recognizable as the Usher.

To me, the director one looks like the caretaker and the witch one looks like Storyteller. I don't know what the first one looks like.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... that fourth image is intriguing. I just can't place it! And with all the casting clues and now Cody's hints, I'm convinced the Jaws house will belong to Cindy. Now, I just have no idea anything that's happening in any of the other houses or scarezones! hahaha

Bloody Mary was..IS a pretty strong icon and it's a shame she cna't be back for HHN:XX. But what I don't get is why..why cna't they use her!!??? I mean, yeah..there is a contract but Bloody Mary is a name, an urban legend...what kind of perosn owns the rights to an urban legend/name?

I can refer you to it because I'm on my iPod but there is a whole thread about he contract issues and loopholes an possibilities, it's under the hhn 20 page I believe.

Those pictures are unbelievable! Man I love it when universal blows me away with detail!!!

Don't know if anyone said this, nor do I have time to look through the 16 pages of stuff, but the email I got said..."Unbridled" terror? Wedding of some sort? Hopefully not Jack and Chance.

could we get a copy of that email please

Don't know if anyone said this, nor do I have time to look through the 16 pages of stuff, but the email I got said..."Unbridled" terror? Wedding of some sort? Hopefully not Jack and Chance.

"Unbridled" would mean unmarried!

....or out of control, wild, non restrained, or uncontrolled. Same difference.

I really think the fourth one looks like The Caretaker, though it's not as obvious as the others (especially Jack & the Usher, but they've always been the most visually striking in my opinion). It's sad to see that Universal has pretty much declared there's only been 5 "original" icons when really there's been 6 (Mary says hello...)

I'll copy-paste my website observations from the Speculation thread, before this one was reopened:

Good to see lots of minor characters getting represented (White Rabbit, Ice Queen, The Projectionist, Incubus, Nightmare, etc.), but there were some notable omissions. Chucky, Jigsaw, and the Wolfman are nowhere to be seen - and more importantly - Cindy, Eddie, and (sigh) Bloody Mary are missing as well. This is disappointing, as I was hoping Eddie & Cindy would at least have some recognition (since they have appeared despite not getting their own year as planned). As for Mary, I would hate to see her important part in HHN history going unrecorded due to copyright agreements... surely they could work out something where Mary could at least appear on the website for archival purposes!?

The increased intensity of the flame on the main page is interesting, and probably reveals the eventual progression of that page - the flame will grow larger and more violent, the roots will grow, and eventually the entire thing will burn down or perhaps as someone else suggested be extinguished, revealing a new era of darkness. Consider me interested, but I'm still disappointed there is no actual teaser site (the archival stuff doesn't count for me, I want a Mary's Journal/Palace Theater/Carnival Mini Games).

I really think the fourth one looks like The Caretaker, though it's not as obvious as the others (especially Jack & the Usher, but they've always been the most visually striking in my opinion). It's sad to see that Universal has pretty much declared there's only been 5 "original" icons when really there's been 6 (Mary says hello...)

I'll copy-paste my website observations from the Speculation thread, before this one was reopened:

Good to see lots of minor characters getting represented (White Rabbit, Ice Queen, The Projectionist, Incubus, Nightmare, etc.), but there were some notable omissions. Chucky, Jigsaw, and the Wolfman are nowhere to be seen - and more importantly - Cindy, Eddie, and (sigh) Bloody Mary are missing as well. This is disappointing, as I was hoping Eddie & Cindy would at least have some recognition (since they have appeared despite not getting their own year as planned). As for Mary, I would hate to see her important part in HHN history going unrecorded due to copyright agreements... surely they could work out something where Mary could at least appear on the website for archival purposes!?

The increased intensity of the flame on the main page is interesting, and probably reveals the eventual progression of that page - the flame will grow larger and more violent, the roots will grow, and eventually the entire thing will burn down or perhaps as someone else suggested be extinguished, revealing a new era of darkness. Consider me interested, but I'm still disappointed there is no actual teaser site (the archival stuff doesn't count for me, I want a Mary's Journal/Palace Theater/Carnival Mini Games).

Let me remind you that many characters from past years not mentioned on the website so far have been revealed as being a part of HHN XX through casting. Therefore do not count out those characters which are missing. Also do not expect every character on the website to show up at HHN XX.

With the flames, #2, #3, and #5, are obvious (Being The Driector, Jack, and The Usher, Respectively). #1 bears a strong resmblance to The Storyteller, it's just not as clear as the others. I personally thought #4 looked like Bloody Mary, but after what's been said, I could definitely see that image interpreted as The Caretaker.

I can refer you to it because I'm on my iPod but there is a whole thread about he contract issues and loopholes an possibilities, it's under the hhn 20 page I believe.

Those pictures are unbelievable! Man I love it when universal blows me away with detail!!!

The Bloody Mary thread can be found here

I'm really sorry if I'm just repeating the obvious (you guys know I'm hesitant at projecting my own speculation for anything...y'all have better guesses, after all!) but I really do love how a lot of minor characters were highlighted in the new update. I had absolutely no high hopes for this one, I just assumed it would contain the usual Icons with the Terra Queen and Darkness and Eddie, Cindy, etc. But to see characters like The Projectionist (almost forgot about him!) and Incubus (not very familiar about him at all, actually) was surprising.

Do you guys think the specific inclusions of some of these minor characters mean anything? And to address the other side of the spectrum, do the exclusions of others mean anything as well?

On the other hand, I wish they added the backstories to some of the characters along with their pictures. Just for the sake of new fans, I guess.

I'm really sorry if I'm just repeating the obvious (you guys know I'm hesitant at projecting my own speculation for anything...y'all have better guesses, after all!) but I really do love how a lot of minor characters were highlighted in the new update. I had absolutely no high hopes for this one, I just assumed it would contain the usual Icons with the Terra Queen and Darkness and Eddie, Cindy, etc. But to see characters like The Projectionist (almost forgot about him!) and Incubus (not very familiar about him at all, actually) was surprising.

Do you guys think the specific inclusions of some of these minor characters mean anything? And to address the other side of the spectrum, do the exclusions of others mean anything as well?

On the other hand, I wish they added the backstories to some of the characters along with their pictures. Just for the sake of new fans, I guess.

Maybe, I would like to think so especially with Eddie and Cindy. I would like to see them finally get their day. As for Incubus and The Projectionist I don't know much about them but Incubus looks cool. The projectionist reminds me of the director. I know someone is gonna flame me for that but whatever I don't have every second of the day to learn about every minor character in HHN history. I am gonna see what I can find on him though because I doubt they would put him on the site for nothing. I'm beginning to think this year may focus on the minor characters and the main icon's will just be there to help tell the story.

looks like they might be going to use a lot of the minor caracters from past years as background, did any go last year after the added the extra scare zone toward the end, did it possibly show any hints for this year?

I was there and saw Jack of course, The Caretaker, and a very vocal Cindy who when I pointed the Caretaker out to my wife said to her "and he's my daddy" the rest was a blur to me.

JWFearman mentioned this a few pages ago, but now I see it too: The flames are literally leaping THROUGH the confines of the metalwork on the lantern at times. Also, nice catch to whoever first noticed the images of icons in the flames!

Something I noticed weeks ago but forgot to post about: As pages are loading and the Roman numerals climb to twenty (XX), the numerals lose their silver sheen and become bloodied and worn.

I'm very glad that they decided to put up pictures of tons of minor characters. It let's those of us not lucky enough to have attended for many, many years to see just how the event and it's creatures have evolved. I didn't even know the Projectionist existed until now!

With the flames, #2, #3, and #5, are obvious (Being The Driector, Jack, and The Usher, Respectively). #1 bears a strong resmblance to The Storyteller, it's just not as clear as the others. I personally thought #4 looked like Bloody Mary, but after what's been said, I could definitely see that image interpreted as The Caretaker.

I agree with everything you said except the fourth flame, to me it looks like Billy, the doll from Saw. I can't really see how it resembles The Caretaker. I might not be looking at it good enough though. :mellow:

I know I'm double posting but....

For the "Characters" tab, I know it is showing the history and all but, are those the characters that they are using again? If so, Freddy, Jason, and Leatherface are being used again?

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong. I feel so dumb asking that question.