HHN XX Website Updates

Like I said in the now non-existent spec thread, this website is laid out so much differently than the past ones have been. Maybe this truly does mark the beginning of a new era in HHN. But at the same time, they keep saying stuff about the past 19 years, which confuses me. Is this a reunion year, or is it brand new?

its both at least thats what i can tell from the main page of the site

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it looks like this parade everyone talks about will be coming back. Don't think they would be showing it on the website if it wasn't. Definitely looking forward to seeing it!

I personally don't think so, the site reminds me of the off-season Behind the Screams site they usually have. Most of the imagery and video are from that old section, too. So it's like a digital museum of the past, it's no real indication that the parade will make a return. Although, I find it strange that they fail to mention Bloody Mary on the Iconic Era section of the Legacy. It seems to skip '08 almost altogether by only mentioning the characters they made for that year, plus the usage of the multimedia heavy site.

The speculation thread is back! You may have to log out and back in to see it. Sorry for the technical glitch!

thank you and feel free to delete the update topic i made since its loked and you unlocked the real update site

I love the clean look of the site. There's not random buttons strewn all over the place. It's a very simple, yet effective design. I'm currently going through all of the tabs. This could take awhile. There's a lot of good footage and facts in here. Kudos to Universal.

I personally don't think so, the site reminds me of the off-season Behind the Screams site they usually have. Most of the imagery and video are from that old section, too. So it's like a digital museum of the past, it's no real indication that the parade will make a return. Although, I find it strange that they fail to mention Bloody Mary on the Iconic Era section of the Legacy. It seems to skip '08 almost altogether by only mentioning the characters they made for that year, plus the usage of the multimedia heavy site.

I didn't like her anyways, so I'm OK with that!

I don't think there is an Usher reference either.

They sort of mention him, and they have the Universal Palace model video from last year's site.

"And in 2009, Universal's Frankenstein, Dracula and Wolfman were Ripped from the Silver Screen as the Usher greeted each guest."

Its a solid update - my only complaint is its a bit slow and choppy with the video assets. Love that the queue videos for Castle Vampyr and Hellgate Prison make an appearance.

The historical section is a different way to present the "files" from the previous websites. More web 2.0 style actually.

Its a solid update - my only complaint is its a bit slow and choppy with the video assets. Love that the queue videos for Castle Vampyr and Hellgate Prison make an appearance.

The historical section is a different way to present the "files" from the previous websites. More web 2.0 style actually.

I've got slow video as well with my PC running at 9% CPU usage and 15% RAM. It's more than likely from the bandwidth issues caused by so many people visiting the site at once. I'm sure it will be better tomorrow. If not, we can probably blame bad coding from the programmers :P

Mary's absence likely is due to the whole copyright issue. Note that she is mentioned once, but her image is not shown. The page shows the other characters that were with her on the 2008 website with a strange big empty space where Mary should be. They were allowed to mention her, but legally restrained from showing her.

Mary's absence likely is due to the whole copyright issue. Note that she is mentioned once, but her image is not shown. The page shows the other characters that were with her on the 2008 website with a strange big empty space where Mary should be. They were allowed to mention her, but legally restrained from showing her.

I never was a "big" fan of Mary anyhow

It's her name that is supposedly trademarked. Her likeness is Universal's creation. If they were trying to refrain from violating a trademark, they did it backwards. But I doubt that's the case regardless.

Edited by Nightshade

I guess the update is pretty much what I expected: nothing too revealing yet, but with plenty of information about past years.

For those who can't get the site working again, be patient. It happened to me too, but I just got back on.

The moment I saw the lantern with the shadowy background, I immediately thought, "Oh dear god, that's going to keep the speculation thread busy for weeks!" Kinda like how last year we had people arguing over the hidden Wolfman claw or something in the site's background...or something like that.

I'll be patient this year though. We still have time for bigger updates, my friends.