HHN XX Website Updates

Mark M.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We now have a brand new generic place holder site! Included are images from past years as always, and they probably don't mean anything specific, but...

We have no pictures of past Icons, that's a little odd isn't it? Perhaps they didn't want to steal the thunder from the Icons when they appear in the upcoming HHN XX site? Or maybe they would be afraid we might try to read too much into their appearance if they did so now?

I'm going to read too much into what they have put up anyway! It's what I do.

We have two "sub-Icons", first the demon Nightmare who greeted our entry into either Island of Immortal Souls in 2002 or Immortal Island in 2003, or was he at both? I honestly can't recall, could someone please refresh my memory on this point?

Secondly we have Eelmouth, the Royal Herald of the Terra Queen from 2005.

Also there is the entranceway to the 2008 scarezone Fractured Tales and the facade to the Caretaker's ScreamHouse.

All of these could in fact actually appear at HHN XX as it is expected to be a "reunion year" especially as The Caretaker, Cindy, a Pumpkin-Head and Eelmouth all were in the Shadows of the Past scarezone last year.

More interesting is the absence of a "Behind the Screams" archive. I can think of several reasons for this.

It could simply be that they did not have time to update the archives with a new drawer for 2009 containing clickable stuff.

Or since this temporary site has appeared later than in past years due to all the Harry Potter preparations, they may have simply not bothered with the archives as it would only be up for a couple of weeks anyway.

But, what I really hope is that as HHN XX is to be a nostalgic trip back through the years and fears of the event in celebration of its 20th anniversary, the new teaser site which will begin tantalizing us most likely in early July (June 18? June 19? seriously? More likely July 1st!) will be an all new, completely revised archive crafted in an entirely new and different way.

Thus we would see a new perspective on the HHN events of the past, with new and different clues as to how they fit in with this year's event slowly unfold over the weeks of July and August.

Its about time. Glad it updated. I somwhat like the site, its got a new "Style" to it then the past years. I am intrested as in why archive is gone. Do you think it might come in a few days? or its gona for this year. Or what if that is going to be the story site this year? and it takes us through archive?

So I've been doing some thinking...

They clean out everything that was on the server... BM stuff, Sweet 16, ect..

So maybe we might get a fresh start this yr. As I've been saying the icons can come back that doesnt mean we need a past house.. they did that already once.

Also they got MS in the copyright section :)

Just wondering, has this "generic website" ever been put up before? Or do you think it was just made to cover up a few more days for the real update?

Also, I hope I am not getting TOO far into a generic site, but it says "a new era of darkness begins", could this mean that they are creating new themes for this year? Just wondering.

Just wondering, has this "generic website" ever been put up before? Or do you think it was just made to cover up a few more days for the real update?

Also, I hope I am not getting TOO far into a generic site, but it says "a new era of darkness begins", could this mean that they are creating new themes for this year? Just wondering.

New generic site... But they do one every year. It is just a splash screen until we get more content. Like I said earlier: http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/behindthescreams.html is gone now so my guess is they are either overhauling it or they are discarding it... But this type of page was what we got last year on June 1st... so were a litttle late. The next thing would be the drawers... if it follows last year.

The Generic website page is like a holder for the real page that will soon come. Its really just to advertise. Apart from the FAQ question that says the event will be held at Universal Studios only, there isnt much information regarding the details for this year.

Similar things have been put up, I believe.

As the for your second question, definitely.

I'd imagine the teaser site is no more than a week or two away, this is just to show us that they haven't forgotten us.

I like this updated teaser page, it's different from years past. I hope we get more of an update this weekend though...

So I've been doing some thinking...

They clean out everything that was on the server... BM stuff, Sweet 16, ect..

So maybe we might get a fresh start this yr. As I've been saying the icons can come back that doesnt mean we need a past house.. they did that already once.

Also they got MS in the copyright section :)

Don't they have tMS in the copyright section so they can play their music in the houses, throughout the park, and on the website? If I'm correct they always have the copyright.

Edited by hhnfan16

I was wondering the same thing about a new era of darkness begins. I wonder if 20 is the last time we will see the older icon's and characters. Other than that it is just a basic teaser site. It did get my ass in gear and I booked my flight and room. I will be in town from September 29th to October 10th. What is the general crowd like those days? I don't just mean for hhn I mean all day. It is the first time I will be down early in October I usually go for the week of Halloween.

I wonder if 20 is the last time we will see the older icon's and characters. Other than that it is just a basic teaser site. It did get my ass in gear and I booked my flight and room. I will be in town from September 29th to October 10th. What is the general crowd like those days? I don't just mean for hhn I mean all day. It is the first time I will be down early in October I usually go for the week of Halloween.

Yeah nothing special, just a placeholder site. Lets hope this is the last time (for at least 10+ years) we will see these icons. I couldn't tell ya for the parks during the day but the first 2 weekends of Horror Nights crowds are on the slimmer side. Personally I ONLY attend Horror Nights the first 2 weekends and the final week. Anything in the middle of the month is bad news.

Don't they have tMS in the copyright section so they can play their music in the houses, throughout the park, and on the website? If I'm correct they always have the copyright.

There have been rumors before of them not using MS anymore, but they're in the copyright so that means they're using 'em this year. :)

Didn't the site not update after the generic one goes up until like, mid July? I don't think it'd be in a few days or a week.

There have been rumors before of them not using MS anymore, but they're in the copyright so that means they're using 'em this year. :)

Didn't the site not update after the generic one goes up until like, mid July? I don't think it'd be in a few days or a week.

Oh, I never heard about that rumor, I guess I'm oblivious... lol But I thought it updated once before we got the update in July, but I might be wrong. I don't really remember.

It's ALMOST 100 DOLLARS TO GO TO HHN's NOW?! Thanks goodness I get a Frequent Fear Pass. I'd be broke... Also, is it just me, or does it seem like they just "threw" that teaser page up there for us, so we'd quit complaining? lol It looks... a lot less than usual.

The new teaser page is nice, At least is something,

I have to ask, everything in that teaser is from past years right?

but where did the demon from the first picture comes from? when was he used? what house?

just want to know

Edited by black7mask

Love the page. Very basic, very clean look to it. I've actually not been a fan of the last few years. Feels way too cluttered. And I know it's just a placeholder site, but it just looks and feels so much more like HHN should be. Without the icons strewn all over the place and the buttons everywhere. Some will disagree with me, but I like it. Makes it really look like a true Halloween event.

The new teaser page is nice, At least is something,

I have to ask, everything in that teaser is from past years right?

but where did the demon from the first picture comes from? when was he used? what house?

just want to know

Try to read back on posts you missed dude.

The demon Nightmare who greeted our entry into either Island of Immortal Souls in 2002 or Immortal Island in 2003

Edited by RaiZe

Love the page. Very basic, very clean look to it. I've actually not been a fan of the last few years. Feels way too cluttered. And I know it's just a placeholder site, but it just looks and feels so much more like HHN should be. Without the icons strewn all over the place and the buttons everywhere. Some will disagree with me, but I like it. Makes it really look like a true Halloween event.

Try to read back on posts you missed dude.

Oh im so sorry about that i did look back but i missed that post i guess, :P

Yeah i completely agree with you i love the clean feeling to it, and you are right about this being how HHN should be like. I love the icons, but this teaser really makes it feel like a look into the past of HHN