HHN XX Website Updates

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why takes it so long when they update site's of halloween events :(

Was going to make a wise@$$ comment about how they have to update it in English, but I see that's not your native language :)

It's not a matter of having time to update it, but rather to build up interest in the event. They want to get a "drumbeat" going to keep it in everybody's mind and build up excitement to entice people to buy tickets. With the launch of Harry Potter and the 9 hour lines you hear about, the thinking is probably that they have a surplus of people right now and maybe they should wait to play their "ace in the hole" of announcing the theme of HHN this year when this craziness/popularity dies down. While there are a lot of people who attend all these HHN Sights and Forums, that's probably less than 10% of the total attendence...and the newbies (like me in 2004) who pay $70 a night and don't know about the Frequent Fear Pass are their real breadwinners as they bring in a bunch of cash.

Even if they just said, for example, "Jack's Back!!!" That might excite and/or disappoint everybody here and spark conversations, but to the new people they really want to attract that means nothing. "Oh boy, Insane Clown Posse is appearing or something".

Given that attendance is peaking with Harry Potter, I wouldn't be supervised if we have to wait another whole month before a REAL update. Maybe some hints for fans with more "discussion points", but from a business point of view keeping it under wraps for a little while makes sense to me.

The WWOHP hype won't die down any time soon. Also, in DutchHHNfan's defense, that English comment was uncalled for. Also, as we have seen in years past, an update can be expected within the next few weeks. Potter was consuming the minds of the creative team, but now that the island is open, we can expect them to be back on top of their game and Potter won't be a factor any more.

An update doesn't mean revealing the theme... the first update always just teases us to get us more excited. At the moment I am just annoyed at how long its taking -_-.

yes its indeed no fun waiting...wait, yes it is! common, haha...

its been said "halloween horror nights is a 24/7 365 job" you really have to step back and give a lot of credit here. i know its hard waiting, we are all doing it. but these updates aren't just not happening for the fun of it. A&D are working very hard all the time to prepare for this event. when the time is right, we will start seeing the updates...

Does anyone else see this as more than just a coincidence?

It was a song Midnight Syndicate creative just for UO back in 07 event, there was suppose to be another song by sadly it was never released.

It's always been that song on the front page. Well I think.

Since the summer of 08 its been there. (I think)

Edited by Dr. Raymond Holmes

So far, they're right on schedule with the changes and updates. For now we'll all have to wait. Remember, patience is a virtue ;-) lol

I still think it's funny that USO still haven't updated the park hours for the daytime for ether park past august. this is the lastest I have ever sean this not being updated yet. :)

I know these things aren't related...especially not USF (but maybe for USH).

Knotts has started leaking info about their 13 haunts for this year on their twitter account.

Its the first real big flow of any sort of official ammusement park haunt info......if anything it shows that other people are starting to move forward with letting people know about this years events.

There up now for Sept. and Oct.

the latest they have ever done this in the 9 years I have been comming down to Orlando in the fall, and they only put sept and Oct hours. I still think it's funny that they have been so involved with HP to update the park hours and it's only 64 daays till sept first, in this economy people have to plan farther out for their vacations, and I know for myself I never plan to go on vacation with only 60 days to plan the trip. and with this economy some of us have to stat planning as early as possible.

JMHO

the latest they have ever done this in the 9 years I have been comming down to Orlando in the fall, and they only put sept and Oct hours. I still think it's funny that they have been so involved with HP to update the park hours and it's only 64 daays till sept first, in this economy people have to plan farther out for their vacations, and I know for myself I never plan to go on vacation with only 60 days to plan the trip. and with this economy some of us have to stat planning as early as possible.

JMHO

That's been my main thoughts on the situation thus far. It seems ill-timed to create a huge draw. I suppose that they could be depending on HP for the numbers, but not everyone who wants to go to HHN likes HP, and vice-versa. I think that the last time the reveal came so late was before the interactive websites started. The first real internet-driven HHN was 2004, with the case files and our straight-jacketed victim. The sites prior to that were nice looking, but only had cursory information and definately no challenges.

Sigh. I'm a little sad about it all, actually. I looked forward to some teases and some fun to take my mind off of really bad stuff.

Mae

I don't know how many times it has to be said but I'll say it again for shits and giggles.

The website updates different days EVERY year!

I'm sure the website will be updating any day now. Everyone just needs to chill out.

I don't know how many times it has to be said but I'll say it again for shits and giggles.

The website updates different days EVERY year!

I'm sure the website will be updating any day now. Everyone just needs to chill out.

This is correct.

There is no rule, its entirely marketing's decision. We have heard that everything has been submitted from A&D for weeks now....

There is no actual schedule for the updates to be set by. It updates whenever it updates.

Edited by Reaper615

Actually, shadowlurker told us very nicely and without shouting that the website has been updating exactly on schedule so far this year.

In other words what we have now is exactly what they planned for us to have at this time. If it is later than in past years it is because that is what they have intended.

As someone who has yet to post on this topic (though I've been lurking), I'd just like to say thanks because though there are no site updates yet (well, significant ones anyway) you guys keep my anticipation up. Thus, when there are no Universal updates, I come running here to see what you guys are talking about. :D Keep the discussions coming!