Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

7 minutes ago, Maxmoser said:

Out of curiosity, since The Weinstein Company is now bankrupt. I wonder if we may get some of their IPs we’ve been waiting for 

uhhhh Scream, It Follows(god please don't bring that shitty movie), Hellraiser 3-, Children of the Corn 2-, and Halloween 6-. uhhh Scream is really all they got, yay?

15 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

and that was an unofficial sequel house to the movie, which is cool but I'm excited at the prospect of being able to experience the original movie in house form!

I have a feeling we may get stuff from that house with some new stuff. It”ll be new to us newbies(I was old enough allowed then to go, but other stuff happened). But it will be a great house 

2 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

uhhhh Scream, It Follows(god please don't bring that shitty movie), Hellraiser 3-, Children of the Corn 2-, and Halloween 6-. uhhh Scream is really all they got, yay?

Scream is what I’m thinking about. Hellraiser would’ve worked, but marketing is the problem for Hellraiser. Halloween 6 and Children Of The Corn 2 lol those would be silly houses.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maxmoser said:

I have a feeling we may get stuff from that house with some new stuff. It”ll be new to us newbies(I was old enough allowed then to go, but other stuff happened). But it will be a great house 

Scream is what I’m thinking about. Hellraiser would’ve worked, but marketing is the problem for Hellraiser. Halloween 6 and Children Of The Corn 2 lol those would be silly houses.

Idk about the Re-using of things (lol) from the 09 house because I've read accounts that many of the props were damaged throughout its run, so much it really worsened the experience of the house. Also, the first SAW house was 09, too, and how much was reused from that house last year? I don't think much but I could be wrong.

When I say Hellraiser 3- I mean Hellraiser 3, 4, 5, a ton of sequels after for each of the sequels I listed, Weinstein even has the Halloween remakes.

Also in regards to Hellraiser, maybe in marketing they could call the maze Pinhead or The Cenobites or something that doesn't blatantly say HELL

Edited by fvcking cvnt
hellraiser ads added

7 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

Hey, I graduated in 1985.  

I'm still missing why we'd be doing The Thing again.  Honest to god, wasn't that at HHN just a few years ago?

Because 11 years is a long enough time to bring back one of the greatest movies ever made.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

Because 11 years is a long enough time to bring back one of the greatest movies ever made.

"Sequel" in 17, prequel in 21, original at 28.

NoES is WAY more of a head-scratcher in that regard--unless they do something original with it: go through common nightmares with visits from the man himself (late for work, boss yells at you, turns out to be Freddy). I'm fairly confident they're not gonna do that.

https://www.dreams.co.uk/sleep-matters-club/common-nightmares-and-what-they-mean/

https://list25.com/25-meanings-of-common-nightmares-you-should-be-aware-of/2/

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

NoES is WAY more of a head-scratcher in that regard--unless they do something original with it: go through common nightmares with visits from the man himself (late for work, boss yells at you, turns out to be Freddy). I'm fairly confident they're not gonna do that.

I mean, have they done the original film yet at HHN?

Since we are still discussing The Thing I'd like to add:

The Thing (2011) is not a reboot or remake. It is a prequel. The events of The Thing(2011) occur at the Norwegian base (Thule Station) and happen prior to the events at Outpost 31. 

13 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

"Sequel" in 17, prequel in 21, original at 28.

https://www.dreams.co.uk/sleep-matters-club/common-nightmares-and-what-they-mean/

The '07 Dreamwalkers is in the same category as Assimilation. Both contained elements of the movie(s), but both had "original" storylines. They both, also, contained iconic scenes from the movies. 

If NoES occurs, I think it will get the recent TCM and Halloween treatment. It will be a faithful recreation of one of the movies. A scene for scene instead of a hodgepodge mixture. 

As for why The Thing again:

Technological advancements. Puppetry, animatronic, and projection advancements will allow A&D to create a more faithful recreation. Spiderhead, Stomachmouth, Malamute peeling like a banana....you get the idea. 

Edited dog type. My brain was mixing Resident Evil dogs with The Thing. (They used the same stick style puppets in Assimilation and RE). 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Legacy said:

I'm far from confident NoES is happening. It's sitting at the "Possible" level - not even "Probable" - with Aliens and Halloween.

I'm in agreement here. NoES was the one that seemed to just come out of nowhere, and immediately get put into the "it's happening" list without much questioning.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rikku said:

I agree, I hope both Orlando and Hollywood release their dates soon as I also am someone who needs to request off my vacation as early as possible. Especially since Halloween falls on a Weds will they do a Weds 24 to Weds 31 run? I can understand waiting on house announcements it is still pretty early however dates need to be released soon.

The crowd calendar is the best indicator.  USF closes at 5pm for Thursday the 25th to Wednesday the 31st then again on the weekend of the 3rd and 4th.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fvcking cvnt said:

Are you saying Aliens like xenomorph aliens or an Invasion! Style house?

Xenomorphs.

From my understanding the GSAT (Guest Satisfaction Survey) results on Invasion! were... not good.

If an Invasion! house, I'd be shocked.

40 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

Jesus has risen, and thy name is Legacy

Nope. I just don't start alluding to stuff without a reason.

I work with 4 categories (now): Likely, Probable, Possible, Unlikely. What falls where determines what I hear, who I hear it from, and how often I hear it. The total list, at present, has about 20 different IPs I've been told at various points. The combined number of IPs in the first three categories is currently greater than the number of IPs I expect. In other words, something people EXPECT to happen is possibly NOT happening.

This "game" is a lot more involved than most people think. Most rumors occur off the boards.

• Like 3

On 3/20/2018 at 6:07 PM, fvcking cvnt said:

Idk about the Re-using of things (lol) from the 09 house because I've read accounts that many of the props were damaged throughout its run, so much it really worsened the experience of the house. Also, the first SAW house was 09, too, and how much was reused from that house last year? I don't think much but I could be wrong.

When I say Hellraiser 3- I mean Hellraiser 3, 4, 5, a ton of sequels after for each of the sequels I listed, Weinstein even has the Halloween remakes.

Also in regards to Hellraiser, maybe in marketing they could call the maze Pinhead or The Cenobites or something that doesn't blatantly say HELL

You talking about The Thing that was in 2007. I didn’t go through the ‘ 09 saw house, so the games of Jigsaw was new for me.

Honestly, screw the Hellraisers after 3.the third one is awesome to use especially that nightclub scene!  

55 minutes ago, NuteGunrayWasFramed said:

Can you share that with us? Also: Heard any rumors for Originals or the split between originals and IPs?

The list includes the Evil Dead Trilogy, Winchester, the Conjuring franchise, and Scream. Most shifted to the "Possible" category at one point or another. There's also some evergreen stuff like Child's Play and Purge that pop up every year.

Regarding originals, I've heard everything from 22% to 40% splits. No specifics though.

• Like 1
  • Love 1