Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

Hoping for 10 just so they can spread people out a little more. Wish they could come up with a new house location around F&F. Not having a house back there on top of a small, cramped SZ makes the whole backside of the park almost pointless to go visit. 

13 minutes ago, Badge said:

Hoping for 10 just so they can spread people out a little more. Wish they could come up with a new house location around F&F. Not having a house back there on top of a small, cramped SZ makes the whole backside of the park almost pointless to go visit. 

this is true, but I'd rather them add that location and stop using a different location (Shrek?) because I don't want them to spread the budget out too thin, the SZs were pretty lame last year even with only 9 houses.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fvcking cvnt said:

this is true, but I'd rather them add that location and stop using a different location (Shrek?) because I don't want them to spread the budget out too thin, the SZs were pretty lame last year even with only 9 houses.

If budget was much of an issue, would it be possible to just not replace bill and ted. So use that one show's budget elsewhere?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

I did hear on the rumour mill a large proportion of the budget may be going on one house. Which also helps to explain why the rumoured list has a few houses or props previously seen at HHN being used. 

Im fine with returning houses coming back(if that’s the possibility), but you’re speaking to a newbie.

i wonder if this one house is an IP that’s been making them very costly.

5 hours ago, fvcking cvnt said:

Some of the scarezones were pretty cool! But they should have entire scarezones around the park like the chainsaw drill team popping out of nowhere or something like that. 

5 hours ago, fvcking cvnt said:

link please

https://horrornightsjunkie.com/halloween-horror-nights-2018-dates-9-houses/

terrible article. Their great at archiving things for previous years, but they suck at articles 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Legacy said:

If that list is accurate.

Very true. But I have a feeling stranger things is coming to universal in some way shape or form, be it HHN like the rumours suggest, or maybe as something else. It’s been a fairly persistent rumour (like the shining was last year), plus there has been a lot of activity on Universal’s various twitter, Facebook, etc. accounts involving stranger things. 

Hope IT does come as well, but two very strong IPs in one year might be pushing things. Universal may prefer to do both in separate years to maximise marketing opportunities. They will both be huge crowd pleasers and definitely attract people to the event, so why put them in the same year?

The rest of the list, apart from AHS of some description and trick r treat, seem less certain to me. I hope there’s a few aces up A&Ds sleeve for this year that haven’t been leaked and aren’t expected. 

• Like 2

On 3/23/2018 at 9:14 PM, zombieman said:

I got a little black postcard inviting me to an event....that took place several days earlier :angry:

I do remember this...the challenge event thing, by the time I got the card the event was full, and living in NY not easy to rearrange to get down there that day!! 

3 hours ago, fvcking cvnt said:

please explain! I never got this memo.

here is the link explaining the event...but the card invite talking about it only came shortly before or after said date of the challenge to all from what i heard....so seems like a dropped ball here, and the teams were limited to a small number....so my guess is people that did know about it had to either be in the "know" or down there day prior or such and got to signup for it.

https://hhnunofficial.com/2017/10/26/hhn-invites-soul-collectors-to-official-meetup/

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, WannabeIcon said:

here is the link explaining the event...but the card invite talking about it only came shortly before or after said date of the challenge to all from what i heard....so seems like a dropped ball here, and the teams were limited to a small number....so my guess is people that did know about it had to either be in the "know" or down there day prior or such and got to signup for it.

https://hhnunofficial.com/2017/10/26/hhn-invites-soul-collectors-to-official-meetup/

that actually doesn't sound too bad, how'd it turn out?

1 hour ago, WannabeIcon said:

If it makes you feel any better that event “sold out” in seconds. I got the email and was on the page at the time we were supposed to be, entered in my info in probably less than 10 seconds, and it was already full. I believe everyone that signed up on the soul collector page got an invite, and they only had 128 spots available. 

The social media meetup’s in the past that the vloggers would attend looked funner, IMO. 

1 hour ago, fvcking cvnt said:

that actually doesn't sound too bad, how'd it turn out?

I didn't partake so unsure of the feedback on it

1 hour ago, DraculaTeeth said:

If it makes you feel any better that event “sold out” in seconds. I got the email and was on the page at the time we were supposed to be, entered in my info in probably less than 10 seconds, and it was already full. I believe everyone that signed up on the soul collector page got an invite, and they only had 128 spots available. 

The social media meetup’s in the past that the vloggers would attend looked funner, IMO. 

The small number was a drag to me, on it for sure...IMO, the card they sent out for it though arrived super late at least in most cases ive heard...since there was a hard invite.

41 minutes ago, terracruentus said:

i rewatched IT the other night and although it was a very short part of the film, i would absolutely love for IT’s version of eddie in the mattress to make an appearance in the (currently) theoretical house. that would be such a cool animatronic

it wouldn't be that complex of an effect ether, just have it jittering like nuts, I'd dig it

Seems like there have been posts by Murdy. They are gonna talk scare zones of the past. Could they announce scare zones during the convention like last year? It was for Hollywood but still. We could get scare zones before any houses. Or this could mean our first house is on the way.

• Like 1