Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

I get that some people aren't super into what it has to say or how it says it, but last year everything Ifirt confirmed showed up at the event, including originals, so I take it Trick r Treat was just fully confirmed. So far we've got It, Stranger Things and TrT greenlit by Ifrit. I am cautiously optimistic.

Also, that Robert Bliss guy who keeps commenting on Ifrit's posts sure seems like a cool sexy genius. He must be so smart and interesting. Is this working? No? Fine then. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

Hollywood twitter posted three hints today, if it's as IP heavy as we think it's worth looking into for us as it's probably shared.

Regarding the Terror in the Aisles clue... would they be talking about Texas Chainsaw again? Tobe Hooper obviously died within the last 5 years, but what about the other movies involved. Has anyone significantly involved in The Thing or Halloween passed away recently? 

11 minutes ago, TheShape1031 said:

Regarding the Terror in the Aisles clue... would they be talking about Texas Chainsaw again? Tobe Hooper obviously died within the last 5 years, but what about the other movies involved. Has anyone significantly involved in The Thing or Halloween passed away recently? 

I doubt they would do texas chainsaw 3 years in a row...

6 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

I doubt they would do texas chainsaw 3 years in a row...

I agree.. I just did a quick search though for the movies listed and I couldn't find anyone who passed in the last 5 years other than Tobe. Of course it may not be an obvious contributor they're talking about.... 

2 minutes ago, TheShape1031 said:

I agree.. I just did a quick search though for the movies listed and I couldn't find anyone who passed in the last 5 years other than Tobe. Of course it may not be an obvious contributor they're talking about.... 

also, the Terror in the Aisles clue could be for a Hollywood exclusive, synergy isn't always present as was seen in ToT and Hive last year, they coud've easily made two but they instead let A&D make an original

Edited by fvcking cvnt

53 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

also, the Terror in the Aisles clue could be for a Hollywood exclusive, synergy isn't always present as was seen in ToT and Hive last year, they coud've easily made two but they instead let A&D make an original

Ah very good point... didn't think of that 

On 3/19/2018 at 1:02 PM, StupidStupidDan said:

Those were the "leaked" dates. I'm talking about an official announcement. Odds are they're the same, but it will be nice to "officially" be into HHN season.

comparing this to the crowd calendar and park dates it seems to be very accurate.  This will be the longest run of HHN, to date.  

Also, note the difference of no Wednesdays but the addition of Mondays, starting October 1.

September 14, 15

16, 20, 21, 22

23, 27, 28, 29

October

1, 4, 5, 6

7, 8, 11, 12, 13

14, 15, 18, 19, 20

21, 22, 25, 26, 27

28, 29, 30, 31

November
1, 2, and 3rd and 4th.

37 36 days of HHN.

Edited by Ueeediot
a sentence
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TheShape1031 said:

John J. Lloyd passed in 2014 and he was the Production Designer of The Thing. The Codename would be "John" with John Murdy and John Carpenter. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, HHNManics said:

John J. Lloyd passed in 2014 and he was the Production Designer of The Thing. The Codename would be "John" with John Murdy and John Carpenter. 

Don't forget Giger. I'd say Giger was a creative force for Alien. 

Murdy's clues are never clear cut. Each hint isn't going to give us an answer. The hints must be combined. 

Ring of Fire was written by June Carter Cash. It was sung at Woodstock. It was made famous by Johnny Cash. 

I can never remember Murdy's age range. Finding the SoCal band Is proving more difficult. 

If I'm correct on the movie:

Ring of Fire + Alien = The Thing

EDIT: The SoCal band is going to be a band formed prior to 1981. Murdy graduated in 1985 (yay for Murdy giving his graduation year). 

1 hour ago, Ueeediot said:

comparing this to the crowd calendar and park dates it seems to be very accurate.  This will be the longest run of HHN, to date.  

Also, note the difference of no Wednesdays but the addition of Mondays, starting October 1.

September 14, 15

16, 20, 21, 22

23, 27, 28, 29

October

1, 4, 5, 6

7, 8, 11, 12, 13

14, 15, 18, 19, 20

21, 22, 25, 26, 27

28, 29, 30, 31

November
1, 2, and 3

37 days of HHN.

So thoughts are that they're switching from Wednesdays to Mondays this year huh? Interesting.

Wednesdays might be a good day of the week to add a "related sister event" to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Murdy's clues are never clear cut. Each hint isn't going to give us an answer. The hints must be combined. 

Ring of Fire was written by June Carter Cash. It was sung at Woodstock. It was made famous by Johnny Cash. 

I can never remember Murdy's age range. Finding the SoCal band Is proving more difficult. 

EDIT: The SoCal band is going to be a band formed prior to 1981. Murdy graduated in 1985 (yay for Murdy giving his graduation year). 

Only one of the hints is true. John said that two of the three hints he released are red herrings, so while it’s usually the case that the hints have to be combined, it’s not for this one

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Hey, I graduated in 1985.  

I'm still missing why we'd be doing The Thing again.  Honest to god, wasn't that at HHN just a few years ago?

33 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

I'm still missing why we'd be doing The Thing again.  Honest to god, wasn't that at HHN just a few years ago?

The Thing (1982) has a prequel called, you guessed it, The Thing (2011). We got 2011 because it was the release year, but the original is way better and A&D most likely grew up with it. It has ground breaking practical effects and such, where 2011 has some practical effects, but focuses more on VFX visually.

On 3/19/2018 at 0:16 PM, Drummanmatt said:

I think they may wait until Mardi Gras is done before any announcements are made. I hope not as I’m now pretty impatient waiting for official dates so I can plan my trip properly. 

I agree, I hope both Orlando and Hollywood release their dates soon as I also am someone who needs to request off my vacation as early as possible. Especially since Halloween falls on a Weds will they do a Weds 24 to Weds 31 run? I can understand waiting on house announcements it is still pretty early however dates need to be released soon.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fvcking cvnt said:

Hollywood had Hive? I loved The Hive at Orlando, it was my favorite original 

2 minutes ago, Maxmoser said:

Hollywood had Hive? I loved The Hive at Orlando, it was my favorite original 

nah nah nah, what I'm trying to say is that when Conjuring got dropped last year, they could've given both coasts ToT pretty easily, but instead let A&D make something original. Although, now that I think about it, it could've just been because ours was farther along in construction when Conjuring got dropped and Hive better fits Conjuring's aesthetic....

(on a side note, I enjoyed Hive quite a bit as well, loved the makeup and the Nosferatu scene)

2 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

HHN Orlando? We had it in 2011(I was a freshman in high school that fall), but they did It to promote the prequel/remake on both coasts. 

Orlando hasn’t touched the original(‘82 version) since 2007 with Carnival Of Carnage.

Universal Orlando has done it before with IPs. they’ve done Psycho probably about 4 times. They’ve done People Under The Stairs 3 times. They’ve done An American Werewolf In London twice. The Thing is a Universal property, just like the ones above. So they can bring it back without a hassle. 

Edited by Maxmoser
  • Like 1