Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

3 hours ago, terracruentus said:

they should be coming up really soon now. they’ve started announcing around this time in later years anyways. 

my guess is that trick r treat is gonna be the first announcement, given that the ifrit has posted a LOT of stuff relating to it

I think that may be a mistake. Whilst I enjoyed the scare zone last year, it’s not a very widely known IP in the general public, and hardly likely to make shockwaves.  I’d expect the first announcement to be one of the big IPs expected to be a big draw for the general public. Start the HHN buildup with a bang. 

16 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

I think that may be a mistake. Whilst I enjoyed the scare zone last year, it’s not a very widely known IP in the general public, and hardly likely to make shockwaves.  I’d expect the first announcement to be one of the big IPs expected to be a big draw for the general public. Start the HHN buildup with a bang. 

They can do like what they have always done in the past. Announce the TV shows first.

Then announce the films, which would be the older ones. Then the newer ones after that. Like I have a feeling if Halloween comes to hhn, it may be announced after the trailer is released with Truth Or Dare. 

57 minutes ago, Maxmoser said:

They can do like what they have always done in the past. Announce the TV shows first.

Then announce the films, which would be the older ones. Then the newer ones after that. Like I have a feeling if Halloween comes to hhn, it may be announced after the trailer is released with Truth Or Dare. 

Maybe. But AHS cult may not have the same impact as the AHS megahouse did last year. Whilst I really enjoyed it (despite its faults) I don’t think it was that well received generally. I still think the first house announcement will be Uni’s way of making a big statement, putting a marker in the sand.

This time of year is when most international visitors will be thinking about whether to go to make the trip to Orlando or not, so a big announcement may help sway their decision. For example I’ve already said I’m not going next year, but one or two huge IPs may make me rethink. 

5 hours ago, Maxmoser said:

Didn’t they announce TCM for 26 first?

12 hours ago, terracruentus said:

they should be coming up really soon now. they’ve started announcing around this time in later years anyways. 

my guess is that trick r treat is gonna be the first announcement, given that the ifrit has posted a LOT of stuff relating to it

I agree. I loved the movie and I loved the scare zone but I'm kind of disappointed that they chose to bring something back so soon. I wonder if something else fell through or if they were really so cheap they wanted to save money and rehash an idea they JUST DID. will probablystill be my favorite house though. They always do well 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Fearlessferret said:

I agree. I loved the movie and I loved the scare zone but I'm kind of disappointed that they chose to bring something back so soon. I wonder if something else fell through or if they were really so cheap they wanted to save money and rehash an idea they JUST DID. will probablystill be my favorite house though. They always do well 

i think its less of the fact that they're recycling a property so soon and more of the fact that the original scare zone was a test run FOR a potential house. i can't speak for universal, but that's what it felt like to me, especially since it was a property fans have been begging for even before the IP-palooza began. 

while we're discussing trick r treat, can i just say that one of the scare actors for principal wilkins looked a lot like dylan baker? if it gets the house treatment this year, they better hire that dude again

Edited by terracruentus
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, terracruentus said:

i think its less of the fact that they're recycling a property so soon and more of the fact that the original scare zone was a test run FOR a potential house. i can't speak for universal, but that's what it felt like to me, especially since it was a property fans have been begging for even before the IP-palooza began. 

while we're discussing trick r treat, can i just say that one of the scare actors for principal wilkins looked a lot like dylan baker? if it gets the house treatment this year, they better hire that dude again

What's funny to me is that The Shining was in that same category a long time ago (like, the Vault days). Yet, even when it was announced last year, the reaction seemed to be a big fat "meh." Gotta wonder what changed, though I thought it was a decent house overall. Could have been easily improved without the forehead props and with cold effects, but I thought they hit the blood elevator, Room 237, and Gold Room scenes out of the park.

It's not like they haven't done zone-to-house adaptations within a year before.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

13 hours ago, Drummanmatt said:

I’d expect the first announcement to be one of the big IPs expected to be a big draw for the general public. Start the HHN buildup with a bang. 

So we should expect them to announce The Walking Dead: Hungry for More any day now?

Sorry, couldn't resist

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, zombieman said:

So we should expect them to announce The Walking Dead: Hungry for More any day now?

Sorry, couldn't resist

Yeah! And while they’re at it, let’s show people covered in zombie guts escaping zombie hoards unscathed at the beginning of the maze, then people being turned into zombies by being touched by weapons coated in zombie guts at the end of the maze.  Classic walking dead logic. 

I literally only watch this show to see just how bad it can get. Every time I think it hits rock bottom it proves me wrong. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a tv show where I think all the characters are awful people and deserve to die. The only character I like is Negan because he at least has fun being a horrible person. 

Having said that, an interactive walking dead maze in the style of laser quest/paintball would be pretty fun. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

Yeah! And while they’re at it, let’s show people covered in zombie guts escaping zombie hoards unscathed at the beginning of the maze, then people being turned into zombies by being touched by weapons coated in zombie guts at the end of the maze.  Classic walking dead logic. 

I literally only watch this show to see just how bad it can get. Every time I think it hits rock bottom it proves me wrong. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a tv show where I think all the characters are awful people and deserve to die. The only character I like is Negan because he at least has fun being a horrible person. 

Having said that, an interactive walking dead maze in the style of laser quest/paintball would be pretty fun. 

i completely gave up on the walking dead to be honest when they turned glenn’s death into an opportunity for daryl to gain character “development.” im jealous that you’re able to make it this long 

24 minutes ago, terracruentus said:

i completely gave up on the walking dead to be honest when they turned glenn’s death into an opportunity for daryl to gain character “development.” im jealous that you’re able to make it this long 

I just put it on for background while I make dinner after long day at work. Monday’s are hard. But I did love Glenn’s death for all the wrong reasons. Was supposed to be emotional and shocking, but I just laughed over how they turned him into Quasimodo (without the hunchback) before he died. It was ridiculous

Dates officially released on HHN website

“This year, the past will haunt you with brand-new mazes based on iconic horror films, terrifying hit TV-shows and haunting original stories. 

You’ll also encounter nightmarish creatures as you walk through five sinister scare zones.”

sounds like we could have an 80’s themed event after all

Edited by Drummanmatt
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

terrifying hit TV-shows

Thoughts

- cool new promo image! I love the photography they do for promo

halloween-horror-nights-orlando-couple-2

32 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

original stories

-YESS!!

-have they always been called mazes in promo? I thought that was a Hollywood thing and we called ours houses?

-new promo video with new footage from park + house, I love how the arch decorations have the OGs on them now because licensing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=30&v=1dl2tgfC6vw

- Bones seems to be in a lot of promo right now, could he be the icon this year?

Edited by fvcking cvnt
  • Like 1

Would Stranger Things qualify as a terrifying TV show? I’m not so sure.  Also, would you say that IT has reached iconic status yet given it was only released last year?  Splitting hairs for sure, but marketing don’t really care about trivial details like that. 

Also, the fact it refers to “the past will haunt you” suggests we won’t get any promos in mazes of upcoming films like insidious 4 in 27. Unless Halloween does come back based on the new film as in Michael Myers is coming back to haunt you?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

Would Stranger Things qualify as a terrifying TV show? I’m not so sure.  Also, would you say that IT has reached iconic status yet given it was only released last year?  Splitting hairs for sure, but marketing don’t really care about trivial details like that. 

Also, the fact it refers to “the past will haunt you” suggests we won’t get any promos in mazes of upcoming films like insidious 4 in 27. Unless Halloween does come back based on the new film as in Michael Myers is coming back to haunt you?

-I think they just call everything "spooky" or "terrifying" because it's halloween themed, they probably don't care that much

-I think both IT and Halloween can be considered "iconic" as the properties they're based on are iconic, while the movies aren't   really there yet, I kinda hope I'm wrong, though. i would love both The Thing and NoES. TrT i don't think can be called iconic out of all the movie   IPs

-in regards to "the past" i think Halloween, NoES, TrT would all fit here, but it also would connect to an 80s event quite nicely.

-as pointed out on IU, there is a very conspicuous absence of house count, as there is a SZ count right there

1500x500

-more really cool promo on their twitter banner

-also this

https://m.imgur.com/NShOYSl

Edited by fvcking cvnt

Just now, Drummanmatt said:

Well if it is an 80’s theme then maybe have a Vamp ‘87 scarezone with neon lights, glow sticks, classic 80’s soundtrack etc with the lost boys vibe? That would be so much fun!

this would be a perfect year for a Vamp sequel zone, if they do an 80s event without it that's a huge missed oppritunity

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

well, ash vs evil dead isn't that terrifying minus the campy deadite effects and that was a maze last year. 

as for "the past will haunt you," it'll be a completely missed opportunity for them not to promote halloween, so i think the latter of your thoughts could be correct

• Like 1