Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

4 hours ago, StupidStupidDan said:

Looks like someone woke Mike up.

Codename: “Poison” - Scene 7: Splatter

For everyone wondering how spec worked pre2012:

it was usually something like this. One word or image on the website that sparked imagination, and endless possibilities. 

I want this one to be an original. Two original possibilities sprung into my head from those two words. 

Poisonous Plantimals - plant/animal hybrids reeking havoc. Splatter is, of course, the scene with plantimals that can spit poison. 

H.R. Bloodengutz Presents: Killer Plants from Outer Space - several "80's Horror/SciFi B movies" presented by everyone's favorite horror host. There's sooo many possible homages and Easter eggs. Audrey II, The Triffids, Swamp Thing, Body Snatchers, Killer Tomatos, etc...

These two potential original ideas, created solely upon two words, has turned me into Veruca Salt. 

Its most likely The Thing, though. Poison fits it rather nicely as does Splatter.  But a girl can dream, right?

• Like 4

10 hours ago, TheShape1031 said:

Has ther ever been any discussion about a Silence of the Lambs maze? 

37 minutes ago, terracruentus said:

despite it being one of my favorite  movies, I just can’t see it being translated into a house. it’s definitely more of a thriller than a horror imo

On 3/9/2018 at 11:52 AM, fvcking cvnt said:

@Maxmoser this is from me a couple months ago: 

for silence of the lambs:

possibly younger hannibal murdering people scenes

original All Nite Die-In scene

Buffalo Bill well scene

hannibal's escape with dead police officers

the ambulance with hannibal jumping out

buffalo bill dark scene

finally a scene at the island or an airport with hannibal jumping out

buffalo bill murdering people and skinning people + interlaid throughout these, I think it would be really dope

I also think it could work as a Hannibal + Silence of the Lambs thing

I think it's a pretty solid idea for a shorter house that would draw in a ton of people, and is possibly something the creative team would be passionate about.

Also, the clue is almost definitely TrT when the guy poisons the kid and he throws up

Edited by fvcking cvnt

6 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

Also, the clue is almost definitely TrT when the guy poisons the kid and he throws up

Ah, so yes a little bit.. haha

44 minutes ago, terracruentus said:

despite it being one of my favorite  movies, I just can’t see it being translated into a house. it’s definitely more of a thriller than a horror imo

Yeah I can see that as well. But there are some great scenes in that movie that could be made into a maze if they got creative.... Wild Bill's house alone could be great in terms of effects and gore(y) scenes. Then you have the jail where Hannibal is being held etc.... but yes I agree it could be very tough to translate that into an entire maze. 

• Haha 1

Silence of the Lambs, to my knowledge, has never had a legitimate rumor attached to it as a considered house.

5 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

In two posts Legacy makes me more excited then HHN27s entire marketing campaign.

I don't know why. Nothing I've mentioned is above Probable.

• Like 1

I’m going to say that poison refers to AHS Cult. Mainly because of those vans spraying “poison” throughout the season, drinking the kool-aid was derived from cults and covered in the season, and “scene 7” could be a subtle clue to the fact Cult is the 7th season of AHS. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

I’m going to say that poison refers to AHS Cult. Mainly because of those vans spraying “poison” throughout the season, drinking the kool-aid was derived from cults and covered in the season, and “scene 7” could be a subtle clue to the fact Cult is the 7th season of AHS. 

I think that is a brilliant link honestly....just not sure how splatter fits unless its the clowns splattering blood to draw the faces on the wall,  but i feel like that is a stretch...lol

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, WannabeIcon said:

I think that is a brilliant link honestly....just not sure how splatter fits unless its the clowns splattering blood to draw the faces on the wall,  but i feel like that is a stretch...lol

Thanks! 

Splatter could refer to a few gunshot deaths, the judgement house with the crazy pastor, or even microwaving the guinea pig haha. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

Thanks! 

Splatter could refer to a few gunshot deaths, the judgement house with the crazy pastor, or even microwaving the guinea pig haha. 

guniea pig for sure....highly doubt FL does anything with guns this year, esp aimed towards any guests...with great reason!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WannabeIcon said:

guniea pig for sure....highly doubt FL does anything with guns this year, esp aimed towards any guests...with great reason!

Good point. I forget this living in the UK. I’m sure there’s a few more splatter moments in Cult. What about the guy in the cult that’s tied down and stabbed to death by all the female cult members? Splatter/splashback I guess? Maybe I need to rewatch the series...

47 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

With HHN 27's marketing, it seemed they had something planned judging by that first ad (backwards of a guy being dragged into a pool of roses), but something happened--probably the rumored budget cuts (just speculating).

Maybe. Or just marketing being generally shitty. Gotta love a massive countdown to a sweepstakes contest.....still not over that garbage

• Like 6

2 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

With HHN 27's marketing, it seemed they had something planned judging by that first ad (backwards of a guy being dragged into a pool of roses), but something happened--probably the rumored budget cuts (just speculating).

1 hour ago, Drummanmatt said:

Maybe. Or just marketing being generally shitty. Gotta love a massive countdown to a sweepstakes contest.....still not over that garbage

Bad decisions and messy politics made last year's marketing what it was.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Legacy said:

Bad decisions and messy politics made last year's marketing what it was.

I think I can speak for most of us when I say "bad decisions and messy politics" could be its own horror story.   Take from that what you will.

Let's hope this year is better.  I remember the excitement I had when I saw the notification about my soul being requested, etc. etc.. and saw the countdown and waited for some "special gift" all of us soulless people were supposed to get.  In hindsight, I feel like a dumbass for waiting and hoping.  it's like Linus waiting on the Great Pumpkin. #dumbshit

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

I think I can speak for most of us when I say "bad decisions and messy politics" could be its own horror story.   Take from that what you will.

Let's hope this year is better.  I remember the excitement I had when I saw the notification about my soul being requested, etc. etc.. and saw the countdown and waited for some "special gift" all of us soulless people were supposed to get.  In hindsight, I feel like a dumbass for waiting and hoping.  it's like Linus waiting on the Great Pumpkin. #dumbshit

I know I told all my friends to signup because if universal sends out a gift or little trinket for hhn its going to be awesome, and what did we get bupkis!! #Arghhhh

• Like 2

On 3/22/2018 at 9:33 AM, hunnylvr said:

There was a marketing campaign for 27?  Could've fooled me #Unimarketingsucks

Then you clearly missed it.   It began in earnest on 11/4/17

On 3/22/2018 at 11:13 AM, Drummanmatt said:

Good point. I forget this living in the UK. I’m sure there’s a few more splatter moments in Cult. What about the guy in the cult that’s tied down and stabbed to death by all the female cult members? Splatter/splashback I guess? Maybe I need to rewatch the series...

Curious, but with guns all but illegal in the UK, do they have any haunts that have guns in houses?  Are they even allowed to?

9 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

In hindsight, I feel like a dumbass for waiting and hoping.  it's like Linus waiting on the Great Pumpkin. #dumbshit

To me, it felt like Charlie Brown trying to kick that damned football...

6 hours ago, WannabeIcon said:

I know I told all my friends to signup because if universal sends out a gift or little trinket for hhn its going to be awesome, and what did we get bupkis!! #Arghhhh

I got a little black postcard inviting me to an event....that took place several days earlier :angry:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, zombieman said:

Curious, but with guns all but illegal in the UK, do they have any haunts that have guns in houses?  Are they even allowed to?

Halloween isn’t that big a thing in the U.K. so it can be difficult to find haunts. The ones they have tend to be outdoors in the woods so very different to HHN. 

There is one in London (special events at the London Bridge experience) which looks to be an extreme haunt where the actors can touch you and do chase you in small groups. I did read a story about one section one year where an actor performs a “shotgun” wedding with a guest. Never been to it as it sounds a bit mental, and my friends aren’t that into this kind of thing. 

They also do scary Easter events apparently http://www.scaretouruk.com/review---leporiphobia-2016-at-london-bridge-experience.html

Edited by Drummanmatt

On 3/24/2018 at 3:33 AM, Drummanmatt said:

Halloween isn’t that big a thing in the U.K. so it can be difficult to find haunts. The ones they have tend to be outdoors in the woods so very different to HHN. 

There is one in London (special events at the London Bridge experience) which looks to be an extreme haunt where the actors can touch you and do chase you in small groups. I did read a story about one section one year where an actor performs a “shotgun” wedding with a guest. Never been to it as it sounds a bit mental, and my friends aren’t that into this kind of thing. 

They also do scary Easter events apparently http://www.scaretouruk.com/review---leporiphobia-2016-at-london-bridge-experience.html

Damn! That sounds crazy! 

• Mark M. featured and unfeatured this topic
  • Mark M. featured this topic
  • Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic
  • Mark M. unfeatured this topic