Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

So, I'm just being fun with Bioshock, it's my personaly dream house, and it is far more revelvent then you would think. Maybe not known outside gaming, but certainly in it. While not currently being developed, 2K, who owns several big franchises such as GTA and borderlands is who owns it and could potentially make the deal.

I do think video games have more potential. In the near future possibly five nights at Freddy's (by way of blumhouse). I could even see them taking another shot at Resident Evil if a sequel is made in a similar style to 7 as that game was fantastic and gave off very good HHN possibility vibes.

7 hours ago, terracruentus said:

The Shining was there, if they cared about verbal abuse, they certainly would not have brought a Kubrick centered Shining. Kubrick was absolutely terrible to everyone, but especially Shelly Duvall.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jediwhit82 said:

So, I'm just being fun with Bioshock, it's my personaly dream house, and it is far more revelvent then you would think. Maybe not known outside gaming, but certainly in it. While not currently being developed, 2K, who owns several big franchises such as GTA and borderlands is who owns it and could potentially make the deal.

I do think video games have more potential. In the near future possibly five nights at Freddy's (by way of blumhouse). I could even see them taking another shot at Resident Evil if a sequel is made in a similar style to 7 as that game was fantastic and gave off very good HHN possibility vibes.

:freddy:

guys i only posted that article because of the possibility that it could *potentially* be on the edge. don’t shoot the messenger here.

this isn’t just “pc culture.” it’s a real issue happening in hollywood with horrible consequences. the first straw on the camel’s back wasn’t exposed until HHN ended last year. id assume they’d be more careful this year

Edited by terracruentus

Hundreds maybe thousands of people put their hard work into films only to have one person ruin it. What someone doesnt shouldn'taffect enjoying the art and work of those people. It shouldnt affect if its made into an attraction or  not. Thats all ill say about that i hope hhn brings some crazy shit 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Badge said:

All this talk of possible house locations has got me thinking. We still don't have a confirmed replacement for T2:3D yet it closed during HHN27. Universal has a pretty good track record of closing something and announcing at least a tiny bit of info on what is going to replace it before or right after. Lots of things are getting tossed around but no solid info yet.

What if they are working on a big, permanent house for this location like TWD at Hollywood. The theater, pre-show, queue and backstage areas took up a lot of space. It even had a small outdoor queue which I never knew about until I went to the very last showing ever and was stuck waiting outside. A massive AHS house could be a big hit here. It could include big scenes from all previous seasons along with a "teaser" of the new season that always premiers during the event. They could easily set aside enough empty space in the building to continue adding on to the house each year. Shut it down August 1st and get to work adding in a few new rooms at the end of the house. They already have a lot of props made and a good idea of what scenes worked from the past two houses. With AHS having the biggest line almost ever night for two years in a row, this is something they have to be considering. All the merch at the end of the maze themed to all the different seasons is just another driving force. 

With a simi-confimred 9 houses this year, a new permanent house would let them boost that number up to 10. Open it on Sept 14th and then when HHN is over, take out a handful of actors just like USH does. Put up warning signs just like USH to let parents know this is not something for young kids. 

The Universal franchise it is getting replaced with was rebooted and yes it is action packed.

21 hours ago, fvcking cvnt said:

god dang insiders Invading! our forums :alien:

(or maybe classic monsters but I'm pretty sure that's rumored to be a Hollywood exclusive)

I'm not sure if they're going to be "universal classic monsters," but there will be a mashup of monsters(not exactly sure from where) in one of the houses.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

I'm not sure if they're going to be "universal classic monsters," but there will be a mashup of monsters(not exactly sure from where) in one of the houses.

Titans of Terror instead of just Freddy? I'd be cool with that. 

• Like 1

This year-round haunt idea is interesting, but Hollywood can do it because they have less of a family audience than Orlando does. 

But as for T2’s closed block, they can do something for a haunt for space but universal is probably building something for 2020/2021 so it could be closed off. It took Mummy 2 years to come to Orlando after Kongfrontation went away in 2002. Although it took a year for Simpsons to open after Back To The Future closed. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

okay woah woah woah, so the rumored "monster mash-up" is also coming to orlando? or just hollywood?

2 minutes ago, TheRobcat said:

Titans of Terror instead of just Freddy? I'd be cool with that. 

I mean It'd be cool I guess and I imagine is more likely as it already was a hollywood exclusive, but I'm really looking forward to an OG NoES house and if we don't get Johnny Depp blending into endless blood I'm going beserk :freddy:

7 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

wait what is being replaced? and what is it being replaced with?

T2, and it's rumored by Jason Bourne

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

Great, so we have to share an original with Hollywood too?

:(

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

23 hours ago, Ringwraith said:

I can confirm one of the originals. And actually, it's not technically "original."

1 hour ago, Ringwraith said:

Since being able to solve more obscure clues is so rare nowadays...

"original" - this can elude to public domain characters, an IP(s) being used with an original backstory (Assimilation, CitW, AvP), or an original that pay homage to an existing property, but isn't the property (Die-In, The Skoolhouse, Interstellar Terror, Hostile Territory). I'm going to lean toward an original that pays homage. 

Mash-up of monsters - while a Die-In style house makes sense, I'm going to lean toward a "space zoo". Specifically, 1985's Titan Find (aka Creature). 

It would be a new and interesting concept, stays with the 80's theme that many of the properties have, and offers a chance to create original monsters. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fvcking cvnt said:

I think it's just going to be in Hollywood anyways, Ringwraith never said this mash up is going to be in Orlando

We will get a mash-up of monsters here(so far).

1 hour ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I’m confused, though. By “original” was he referring to space station or the classic monsters?

It being "original" is subjective, but they may use that term to describe it since it's not considered an "IP" like we would see it today.

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

42 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

It being "original" is subjective, but they may use that term to describe it since it's not considered an "IP" like we would see it today.

oh ok, so rip an Invasion! house(?), you were talking about a house reminiscent of what @mystiquephreeq was talking about then?

Wow, this is going to be one IP-filled year if this is true, if everything rumored comes true, and if there are 9 houses, there's only room for one "true" original, maybe still an Invasion! house.

Edited by fvcking cvnt
added question marks
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, Ringwraith said:

We will get a mash-up of monsters here(so far).

Better be all original, and very good zones--no recycled Purge in NY, etc. I hope an 8/1 split isn't the new normal. I'm currently leaning towards not attending this year, TBH. Unless this semi-original is along the same lines as my idea for a classic monster house, that is.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95