Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

53 minutes ago, MGregorio594 said:

Im trying to figure out the space station thing. 

26 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

most of the time they scan Inside Universal, which has a lot of overlap with this forum(including me)

^accurate

Who ever wrote that article has been perusing forums and FB groups. 

Which is why im interested in the "space station rumor". 

Its the first time I've seen it and I lurk all over the place. 

Having participated in spec for 10 years now, one small detail or bit of info can create an entirely unrelated rumor. 

Its like the spec about The Fly that's been going around. In 09, The Fly pods from HMU were used in Frankenstein. I wouldn't be surprised if The Fly pods have been seen somewhere that led to that rumor/spec, but the pods being used doesn't mean The Fly is being used. 

Heck, The Fly pods being seen could lead to an original space station house rumor. They've got a space technology look to them, and if the individual was unfamiliar with The Fly...

EDIT TO ADD: I'm just going to go ahead and say permits may be more difficult to get this year. Last year, they were transferring over to a new system which made searching for permits almost impossible due to website downtime. 

The transfer has happened and the new system for searching is a mess. I may have to go permit number by permit number. My previous go to search method doesn't result in permits from this year.  Searching permit by permit limits my ability of looking for multiple different types of permit at once. 

Im going to try to keep an eye open for DEM permits first. Any demo could play a role in house locations and numbers. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, krazyhorrorkid said:

Another property I just have to mention because I kinda see it as a future IP for the event . Since Blumhouse at the moment has a Five Nights at Freddy's movie in the works I could see it as house for HHN either this year or next year.  Why you might ask? Well let's look at the facts!

1. Blumhouse is really familiar with Halloween Horror Nights. So if there is ever any property that Blumhouse owns and uni wants it, you can basically call it as good as theirs.

2. FNaF is extremely popular. It would also bring in the Younger demographic which would boost the attendance extremely. But the con to this is that I really don't even more whiny little brats at the event when I paid good money to come and enjoy the event, so there is that. 

3. This is easy money for Uni. It probably wouldn't be that hard to pull the property because like I said earlier Blumhouse has partial rights to it. And it would make LOADS of cash from the attendance boost. Think about it Pull the rights, attempt to make a decent house across the different games in the series, and watch the money flow.

Sounds like a huge opportunity they could take to lure in the younger crowds.

4. It could actually be a great house. They have PLENTY of opportunities to make this a good house when it comes to environment and props. They could have a few Animatronics in there along with some cool puppet work. And we all know that usually HHN makes good with Animatronics in there mazes but sadly we don't see them often because they can be quite pricey. But here is my main concern, Scareactors, I just could not see how they could give every scareactor a nice looking costume due to budget restrictions, but if they were to do this property i'm sure they would figure it out.

Overall, I see it as a property at least worth mentioning. I don't think it would tie into any of the clues that they are currently dropping as of today.  If not this year then most likely next year.

Precisely why I don't want it. This should be an adult event. I would have been all for a FNAF house if it hadn't drawn the fan base it did.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 2

Just now, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Precisely why I don't want it. This should be an adult event. I would have been all for a FNAF house if it hadn't drawn the fan base it did.

You could say I have a love-hate relationship with FNAF, haha.

Ditto...

My 5yr old son sleeps with Freddy Fazebear and Springtrap (I don't know if I want to have those names correct or not). 

While seeing individuals on YouTube screaming and falling out of chairs due to jumpscares is highly entertaining the first few times, not so much after the 20th. (At least, I know my son has horror in his blood.)

• Like 1

We haven’t talked IT in a while... would y’all rather a house based on only the first film as is rumored, or would you rather HHN wait, do a house based on both parts in a year or two, and give this years spot to an original? 

Personally I would like for them to wait solely because I really hope The Thing comes with huge puppets and effects and I would rather they save the budget for that and better SZs this year instead of IT rights. Another original also wouldn’t hurt.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

We haven’t talked IT in a while... would y’all rather a house based on only the first film as is rumored, or would you rather HHN wait, do a house based on both parts in a year or two, and give this years spot to an original? 

Personally I would like for them to wait solely because I really hope The Thing comes with huge puppets and effects and I would rather they save the budget for that and better SZs this year instead of IT rights. Another original also wouldn’t hurt.

I'd like to see two houses of IT. One house would be a little too jam packed with all the content they could use. The new IT film alone has enough material they could make two houses. They're going to make a lot more money if they have Part 1 this year and Part 2 next year. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MGregorio594 said:

I'd like to see two houses of IT. One house would be a little too jam packed with all the content they could use. The new IT film alone has enough material they could make two houses. They're going to make a lot more money if they have Part 1 this year and Part 2 next year. 

I do agree two houses would be more profitable.... but I don’t care. I honestly think if the house is the mega house they can fit all content in, I mean did you see how long AHS was last year?

Five Nights At Freddy’s isn’t hhn friendly. Yeah Blumhouse did it but that doesn’t mean it should happen. Resident Evil from 2013 got mixed to poor reception by fans and the guests that year.

So no chance in hell(haha chance :lol:) but for real, there’s only one Freddy that should touch HHN Orlando and that’s Freddy Krueger. 

I think HHN should be relevant with their IPs(like with Stranger Things, AHS, Walking Dead, slasher villains, and nostalgic horror films). Five Nights is dying out, Blumhouse has more properties to show off than a game aimed to teens and kids.

Then again this is March people, things haven’t gone through(remember Scream back in 2015?) Imean now since the Weinsteins are fucked I wonder if we could get some IPs we’ve wanted in the next few years.

But I’m ready for these announcements, since May 1 is the day

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I wonder which would be more likely to be the front-of-park house, It or Stranger Things?

Both are very popular. They could be close together like The Shinning & AHS Vol. 2 was last year by Rip Ride Rockit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fvcking cvnt said:

I think IT'll be front of the park, cuz that SS is larger I'm pretty sure and IT will take much more space than StrTh will

Yeah. IT will be larger than Stranger Things. I wonder where the others will be and what they will be. C’mon leaked maps

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Maxmoser said:

Yeah. IT will be larger than Stranger Things. I wonder where the others will be and what they will be. C’mon leaked maps

My completely half-baked, uninformed predictions:

Thing will be in a SS as I imagine it's a passion project for creative, probably one of the two near the back of NY

IT gets front of the park

StrTh will be in the other front of park SS

the creative team will let at least one OG have a SS but not sure, none of the other IPs really have to be in a SS

AHS will get MIB tent cuz it's gonna be small, maybe the facade will be the small house the cult spends most of the time in during the show I think Blumhouse will try to keep Halloween out of here because of their bad track record with the location

NoES will get a tent in the back or shrek, Halloween getting the other, both will probably get facades based on their respective "houses"

TrT will get the new parade building

leaving one OG in a tent, as Scarecrow did so well last year

• Like 2

Did anyone think it was weird that last year the Shinings lines were empty towards the end of the night? IMO American Horror Story II wasn't as good but was carried by its name and has longish lines. The Shining however would just drop off into a 5 minute wait.

Actually, the last night I went Scarecrow's line was so long it was literally out of the queue. Has anyone heard if management/marketing took note of this? (Originals having the longest lines I mean)

Edited by Midnight Detective
  • Like 1

Just now, Midnight Detective said:

Did anyone think it was weird that last year the Shinings lines were empty towards the end of the night? IMO American Horror Story II wasn't as good but was carried by its name but the Shining would just drop off into a 5 minute wait.

Actually, the last night I went Scarecrow's line was so long it was literally out of the queue. Has anyone heard if management/marketing took note of this? (Originals having the longest lines I mean)

I think word of mouth of which are the better houses is powerful at the event, and people who go in a house and don't like it are less likely to repeat it.

AHS was the best imo, with Scarecrow at #2, I just think The Shining wasn't that great of a house, and because people spread it, and people experienced it and didn't like it, less people went through

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fvcking cvnt said:

Thing will be in a SS as I imagine it's a passion project for creative, probably one of the two near the back of NY

the creative team will let at least one OG have a SS but not sure, none of the other IPs really have to be in a SS

AHS will get MIB tent cuz it's gonna be small, maybe the facade will be the small house the cult spends most of the time in during the show I think Blumhouse will try to keep Halloween out of here because of their bad track record with the location

NoES will get a tent in the back or shrek, Halloween getting the other, both will probably get facades based on their respective "houses"

The Thing will go to the place with the best temperature control. I'm guessing they'll want the vehicle in the house. Not sure if they'll use a snowcat or unimog (they have a unimog). This narrows it down to SS 22 or 23. Unless, they are able to get a vehicle into Shrek. 

TrT makes more sense for the original parade bldg (if the rumors that kidzone will be spared this year hold true) or one of the sprungs. They can park the school bus out front of any of those. 

StrTh needs the lighting control offered by an SS. Projection use would make sense in the house. 

IT needs an SS. 21 or 24 simply due to scene size. 

AHS in MIB. 

NoES and Halloween are the toss ups. Either can go into a sprung or SS, but NoES in an SS gives more abilities for lighting effects. Boiler room, transitioning from dreamworld to reality. They could rely heavily on lighting. 

That leaves Shrek and the parade or sprung for originals. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fvcking cvnt said:

This a very good prediction! Honestly they should let NOES and Halloween have a soundstage. But this is a big gamble, so honestly I’m not sure how this will work out.

So right now, there’s in talks of 6-7 IPs. This is the first time this has been IP heavy since 2009(had 2-3 IPs I believe) or even 2007(had 5 IPs) so this could be interesting.

Originals need to be something that strike out, although they can pop out two like they can do something that strikes out or even... do something with a past icon like house like Horror Night Nightmares without having an icon or for the hell of it bring an icon! There are things you can do Universal!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

The Thing will go to the place with the best temperature control. I'm guessing they'll want the vehicle in the house. Not sure if they'll use a snowcat or unimog (they have a unimog). This narrows it down to SS 22 or 23. Unless, they are able to get a vehicle into Shrek. 

StrTh needs the lighting control offered by an SS. Projection use would make sense in the house. 

NoES and Halloween are the toss ups. Either can go into a sprung or SS, but NoES in an SS gives more abilities for lighting effects. Bioler room, transitioning from dreamworld to reality. They could rely heavily on lighting. 

sorry to be a bother, but I'm trying to get acquainted with the lingo of house design and would like to know what the phrases I have bolded mean.

2 minutes ago, Maxmoser said:

Honestly they should let NOES and Halloween have a soundstage. But this is a big gamble, so honestly I’m not sure how this will work out.

Yeah, the more I think about it, I feel like NoES has so many fun scenes that could work in a SS with huge effects, I would be okay with it getting a SS, but also I would really like to see at least one OG in a SS so it's 50/50 for me

• Like 1

Fun fact! The main house from AHS: Cult is the same one that was used as the Doyle house in the original Halloween. I believe they actually filmed there for the new one as well. So, that could lead to some interesting facades. But, the AHS facade is just typically a poster, sooo...

Am I the only one that sees the Stranger Things house as being this year's "Uber House"?

6 hours ago, fvcking cvnt said:

sorry to be a bother, but I'm trying to get acquainted with the lingo of house design and would like to know what the phrases I have bolded mean.

Video projection. Whether it's 3D video projection or a simple screen projection. If they are going to attempt The Mindflayer, it would need to be a video projection. If they budget the technology, 3D projection could be used to transfer us into the Upside Down in the middle of a scene. 

• Thanks 1