Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

Hi. I'm New. Goodformeyesthankyou

The Carpenter Thing is one of my favorite films of all time, so I'm very happy about this. 

I'm happy there are no Purge/Insidious/Saw rumors right now.

Also, I think AHS is going to be a bit weird in this political environment, but I'm guessing the draw of Twisty and the clown cult are too strong to dismiss. 

With the possibility of those clowns and the probable appearance of Pennywise, might there be a Jack connection? Or would that contribute to brand confusion. Maybe they don't wanna over-clown it. Maybe they are done with icons. I expect them back for 30, but last year there was a weird void that went pointlessly unfilled. Indeed, we got Boned. 

Thanks and I'll likely mostly shut up and read stuff. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

I don't know why.. honestly, it wasn't THAT long ago we just had The Thing.  It was cool and all, but why do it again?  There is so much still untouched that we could be experiencing.  

I imagine because the creative team didn't have a classic "white whale" like AWiL, Excorcist, and Shining were, and because they already have parts left over from the other maze it won't be too costly.

I do agree I would rather be getting a more original white whale, something never seen as much as the thing has been at the event before (Silence of the Lambs pls) but honestly I'm pumped because I love animatronic scares and I never got to experience the other maze :P 

Just now, TheRobcat said:

Hi. I'm New. Goodformeyesthankyou

The Carpenter Thing is one of my favorite films of all time, so I'm very happy about this. 

I'm happy there are no Purge/Insidious/Saw rumors right now.

Welcome! Happy to hear you're passionate about horror.

I agree I'm going to enjoy this "Blumhouse free" year, as technically we are probably getting Halloween but how different is it really going to be from the original lets be honest

• Like 1

If y'all had to drop any of the rumored houses for an original, which would you choose?

-reminder, the rumors are:

Nightmare on Elm Street
American Horror Story: Cult
Stranger Things
IT 
The Thing
Blumhouse’s Halloween
Trick ‘r Treat

personally I would axe Trick 'r Treat as I've already seen it and I didn't like it too much

• Like 2

AHS for sure unless they are counting on and pushing the clown theme, second choice Blumhouse Halloween just because it is an unknown at this point and would be a preview house for the first half of the event

I was lucky enough to attend last year and the four originals were my favorite by far and the Jack anniversary house at 25 is an all-time favorite. I love the properties they've announced but their originals can be amazing. I'll never forget the riverboat they built.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheRobcat said:

AHS for sure unless they are counting on and pushing the clown theme, second choice Blumhouse Halloween just because it is an unknown at this point and would be a preview house for the first half of the event

I was lucky enough to attend last year and the four originals were my favorite by far and the Jack anniversary house at 25 is an all-time favorite. I love the properties they've announced but their originals can be amazing. I'll never forget the riverboat they built.  

YES, the Dead Waters facade was amazing, really showed what Universal can do aesthetics wise

AHS was my favorite house last year, but you're right, if they focus too much on later season stuff, it'll get HELLA boring, much like the season itself ;) 

Blumhouse Halloween is gonna pretty much be the past halloween houses we've had. That's exactly why I'm excited, I love those houses because michael Myers is such an intimidating figure, and I imagine that won't change

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fvcking cvnt said:

If y'all had to drop any of the rumored houses for an original, which would you choose?

Nightmare on Elm Street
Stranger Things
IT 
The Thing
Blumhouse’s Halloween
Trick ‘r Treat

personally I would axe Trick 'r Treat as I've already seen it and I didn't like it too much

AHS: Cult or Trick ‘r Treat. Those should be scarezones. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

Blumhouse Halloween is gonna pretty much be the past halloween houses we've had. That's exactly why I'm excited, I love those houses because michael Myers is such an intimidating figure, and I imagine that won't change

Very true, and I’m kind of a merch junkie, so having Halloween themed stuff is an added bonus. 

• Like 1

Nightmare on Elm Street
Stranger Things
IT 
The Thing
Blumhouse’s Halloween
Trick ‘r Treat

Yeah, that's a hard one. I would love to see all of these as houses, but at the same time I would be fine if they scrapped one or two so there could be more than just two originals (assuming they are doing 9 houses like years prior). Because we just got it last year in it's scare zone, I would be fine with Trick 'r Treat not being a house this year and saving it for a year in the future. Contrary to popular opinion, I enjoyed AHS Cult, but I would also be fine with them holding off on that for a mashup house at HHN 30 with seasons 8 and 9. I like the mix of 5 IP's and 4 originals and the five remaining IP's will be more than enough to draw in crowds.

• Like 2

Nightmare on Elm Street
Stranger Things
IT 
The Thing
Blumhouse’s Halloween
Trick ‘r Treat

Cult because I can see it being used as a SZ, especially with that green gas in the streets I can see them implementing that with fog effects. 

So Cult or The Thing because I’ve actually never seen that movie lol

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MGregorio594 said:

Contrary to popular opinion, I enjoyed AHS Cult, but I would also be fine with them holding off on that for a mashup house at HHN 30 with seasons 8 and 9.

the thing with that is: how much longer will Uni be able to use AHS, I haven't heard it from anyone but Fox owns FX and FX owns AHS, soooo.... I would definitely want them to wait for 30 if the situation was different tho

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fvcking cvnt said:

Nightmare on Elm Street
Stranger Things
IT 
The Thing
Blumhouse’s Halloween
Trick ‘r Treat

Trick 'r Treat or AHS. I liked the scare zone for TRT last year but I'm not overly excited for a house to be dedicated to it. AHS was cool, but in all honesty, never been a big fan of the show and after seeing it two years in a row I think it'd be okay if they took a year off. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I'm conflicted. Didn't get to see either Thing, Dreamwalkers or FvJ, but I just don't like the idea of houses getting re-used like that. But at least there's an overlying connection.

It’s happened before with re-using houses. It’s pros is that the new people to the event can see it for the first time and love it! And there are fans who would love to revisit it as well! 

The only negative is being too similar to the o da who Saw it the year before.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Maxmoser said:

It’s happened before with re-using houses. It’s pros is that the new people to the event can see it for the first time and love it! And there are fans who would love to revisit it as well! 

The only negative is being too similar to the o da who Saw it the year before.

VERY true, when I hear about a repeat house that I haven't experienced before I feel bad for the vets, but I'm personally happy because now I get to go through it :D 

• Like 1

I'd drop Halloween. I feel like we've had overkill for the past few years and I would like to see something new. I mean, they were great mazes, but if I could get an amazing original in it's place I'd take it. While Cult was not my favorite season, they have done a stellar job with the mazes so I'm excited to see what they do with it. My unpopular opinion is I'm not super excited for Stranger Things. I just don't find that much scary in it even though I love the show. But, so does my 11 year old.....and that's not exactly the content I want for HHN. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

VERY true, when I hear about a repeat house that I haven't experienced before I feel bad for the vets, but I'm personally happy because now I get to go through it :D 

Yeah it’s happened with Dungeon Of Terror, House Of Horrors, People Under The Stairs(not the one from 2006), somewhat Saw, and An American Werewolf In London. 

I don’t have a problem with one house being slightly the same but don’t make the event the exact same as the year before.

• Like 1

Obviously I am biased when it comes to a Halloween maze. I could never get tired of a Michael Myers maze. I can see why people might get sick of it and would want to see something new, but a big Halloween maze is something I will always look forward to. Also, having just started going a couple years ago, I never got to see a Freddy or Jason house. Wouldn't mind seeing a Freddy themed maze so long as it's the old school Freddy and now the new garbage. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheShape1031 said:

Obviously I am biased when it comes to a Halloween maze. I could never get tired of a Michael Myers maze. I can see why people might get sick of it and would want to see something new, but a big Halloween maze is something I will always look forward to. Also, having just started going a couple years ago, I never got to see a Freddy or Jason house. Wouldn't mind seeing a Freddy themed maze so long as it's the old school Freddy and now the new garbage. 

Halloween’s house will be awesome to be see! I believe that we would see old Freddy not the remake version since Hollyweed(whoops excuse me Hollywood) only touched remake Freddy once and have done old Freddy more. 

2 minutes ago, Maxmoser said:

Halloween’s house will be awesome to be see! I believe that we would see old Freddy not the remake version since Hollyweed(whoops excuse me Hollywood) only touched remake Freddy once and have done old Freddy more. 

oh god I just realized the rumor doesn't make it exactly clear which NoES we might get *shudder* please god let it be classic.