Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

1 minute ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Lurking over at IU and reading between the lines, there's only one property that fits his requirements for a sequel. I suppose, maybe two. 

Dreamwalkers and Camp Blood were mashups with stories overlaid. There's only one that fits as a true sequel. 

Are you allowed to say? I got nothing LOL.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

Just now, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Are you allowed to say? I got nothing LOL.

I'm not being restricted from saying. I just don't wanna kill the riddle game. Look at the list I provided of potentials. There's only one property that had a true sequel, meets a prequel requirement, and we haven't seen the original. 

6 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

I'm not being restricted from saying. I just don't wanna kill the riddle game. Look at the list I provided of potentials. There's only one property that had a true sequel, meets a prequel requirement, and we haven't seen the original. 

Wasn't Assimilation a "sequel" to the movie?

I doubt we get the original Alien or Predator because of a certain recent acquirement.

I also doubt the original ED, since we just has AvED (and it didn't exactly resonate).

Gotta say, I'm having fun with this.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

8 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I doubt we get the original Alien or Predator because of a certain recent acquirement.

I also doubt the original ED, since we just has AvED (and it didn't exactly resonate).

I think "The Fly" is red herring. But I still think body horror has its place.

18 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Since Assimilation's first scene was of MacReady and Childs in cryochambers, I'd say it's the closest sequel to a movie property that we have. 

20 minutes ago, Legacy said:

I think "The Fly" is red herring. But I still think body horror has its place.

They were used in Assimilation, weren't they?

I guessed The Fly was most likely a red herring, but I didn't piece that part together. How've you been, dear?

19 hours ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

WTH are you talking about? Hitting on little kids? I'm really confused....

I was at HHN several nights and so I hung out to get some good photos of the characters like Bloodyface, etc and I noticed everytime I tried to take a photo of the twins the security would step in the way.  I asked an employee about this and she said that they were underage actors and basically there are a lot of creeps (my words) out there so they are trying hard to stop photos of them.  I admit I thought they were just short adults.  :mellow:  In this case, truth was scarrier than the fiction that was going on around us.

44 minutes ago, BrentMatheson said:

I was at HHN several nights and so I hung out to get some good photos of the characters like Bloodyface, etc and I noticed everytime I tried to take a photo of the twins the security would step in the way.  I asked an employee about this and she said that they were underage actors and basically there are a lot of creeps (my words) out there so they are trying hard to stop photos of them.  I admit I thought they were just short adults.  :mellow:  In this case, truth was scarrier than the fiction that was going on around us.

I didn't go last year, so I have to ask:

Did the Grady Twins only have sets after 11pm on Fridays and Saturdays?

If they had sets after 11pm on any nights where school was in session the next day, they weren't minors. Florida labor laws prohibit minors from working after 11pm. 

44 minutes ago, BrentMatheson said:

really???? underage kids working into the small hours of the night? Is that even legal??? I mean I know shit flies a little different in FL but still....

Well I remember the girl that played Carrie back at 25 has issues with drunks to the point I believe she left (maybe I heard that). I have said it here before but I have only drunk be an issue once since I've been going in 2006. And that was just a guy that was a little loud in line so the cops pulled him out and talked to him. I guess I'm also not a small guy so maybe its just not something I have to worry about. Personally I would have no problem intervening if I saw drunks effing around with people/scaractors, but then I open myself up for trouble and lawsuits too.

14 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

It, ST, NoES, Halloween, Thing, and TrT

this would be SICK line up of IPs

• Like 2

Just now, PeoriaBJJ said:

really???? underage kids working into the small hours of the night? Is that even legal??? I mean I know shit flies a little different in FL but still....

Well I remember the girl that played Carrie back at 25 has issues with drunks to the point I believe she left (maybe I heard that). I have said it here before but I have only drunk be an issue once since I've been going in 2006. And that was just a guy that was a little loud in line so the cops pulled him out and talked to him. I guess I'm also not a small guy so maybe its just not something I have to worry about. Personally I would have no problem intervening if I saw drunks effing around with people/scaractors, but then I open myself up for trouble and lawsuits too.

Florida labor laws prohibit anyone under 18 from working past 11pm on school nights. The Grady Twins weren't minors to my knowledge. If there was a set of twins that were minors, Uni would have had to alter set requirements or hire 6 pairs since the usual cast rotation is 45min on/45min off. 

There would have been a set of twins that couldn't work past 11pm on the majority of event nights. 

8 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Florida labor laws prohibit anyone under 18 from working past 11pm on school nights. The Grady Twins weren't minors to my knowledge. If there was a set of twins that were minors, Uni would have had to alter set requirements or hire 6 pairs since the usual cast rotation is 45min on/45min off. 

There would have been a set of twins that couldn't work past 11pm on the majority of event nights. 

I believe you.  I am not a local.  I may be using the wrong word, but I was told by two different employees that they were minors.  That was my first HHN and I was just getting my feet wet.  I believed whatever I was told if they had a UO identifier on them.  When I did my exit survey one night (they tag me every time for some reason) I mentioned that I felt the it would be really nice to have the character actors on that one strip to slow down a bit and allow an easier time for selfies.  I was told that in particular the twins shouldn't be photographed for the reason mentioned.  In the houses the photo issue wouldn't have been an issue.  That said, if they could find shortish women to play them in the house, then why couldn't they find them for outside.  I don't know.   

33 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

I was told a few years ago that they never hired child scaractors. A UTH tour guide told me that. So I just assume they are REALLY small adults.

48 minutes ago, BrentMatheson said:

I believe you.  I am not a local.  I may be using the wrong word, but I was told by two different employees that they were minors.  That was my first HHN and I was just getting my feet wet.  I believed whatever I was told if they had a UO identifier on them.  When I did my exit survey one night (they tag me every time for some reason) I mentioned that I felt the it would be really nice to have the character actors on that one strip to slow down a bit and allow an easier time for selfies.  I was told that in particular the twins shouldn't be photographed for the reason mentioned.  In the houses the photo issue wouldn't have been an issue.  That said, if they could find shortish women to play them in the house, then why couldn't they find them for outside.  I don't know.   

Seems that employee was most likely misinformed or had a standard answer that would invoke less argument from guests. I'm surprised an employee even mentioned taking photos in the house with actors present. That is a huge no-no. Never take pics in a house during the event. 

Also, I've seen several pics of the Grady Twins on FB. So, I'm confused by the whole thing. 

There is, of course, history of touchy-feely guests. Scareactors, generally, get to decide whether or not they want to pose for photos. Also, if pictures create a bottleneck and flow issue, higher ups will nix selfies and pics. Why they put a zone filled with potential photo-ops on Plaza still boggles my mind. Hollywood is wider with less chance of traffic flow issues. 

As for people "hitting on children":

We are talking about a house. There is less chances to interact in that fashion with scareactors. They aren't going to hire children. If Stranger Things happens, scareactors dressed as the kids makes no sense. It's the demogorgon, demidogs, and government officials who are the "bad guys". They'll be the scareactors. 

Eleven would most likely be a mannequin ala Regan in Exorcist or a short adult female, if she even appeared. She's not the frightening aspect of the show. Her character would be incidental. Her standing off against the Mindflayer, demogorgon, or government officials would be the only logical use of the character. 

It's like the Losers' Club. We won't see the seven of them if IT ever occurs because Pennywise is the scare factor. The only time we may see any of them is a floating Bev mannequin. Georgie will be impossible to recreate with an actor as he is only 6/7. He'd have to be a mannequin. 

28 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Seems that employee was most likely misinformed or had a standard answer that would invoke less argument from guests. I'm surprised an employee even mentioned taking photos in the house with actors present. That is a huge no-no. Never take pics in a house during the event. 

Also, I've seen several pics of the Grady Twins on FB. So, I'm confused by the whole thing. 

There is, of course, history of touchy-feely guests. Scareactors, generally, get to decide whether or not they want to pose for photos. Also, if pictures create a bottleneck and flow issue, higher ups will nix selfies and pics. Why they put a zone filled with potential photo-ops on Plaza still boggles my mind. Hollywood is wider with less chance of traffic flow issues. 

As for people "hitting on children":

We are talking about a house. There is less chances to interact in that fashion with scareactors. They aren't going to hire children. If Stranger Things happens, scareactors dressed as the kids makes no sense. It's the demogorgon, demidogs, and government officials who are the "bad guys". They'll be the scareactors. 

Eleven would most likely be a mannequin ala Regan in Exorcist or a short adult female, if she even appeared. She's not the frightening aspect of the show. Her character would be incidental. Her standing off against the Mindflayer, demogorgon, or government officials would be the only logical use of the character. 

It's like the Losers' Club. We won't see the seven of them if IT ever occurs because Pennywise is the scare factor. The only time we may see any of them is a floating Bev mannequin. Georgie will be impossible to recreate with an actor as he is only 6/7. He'd have to be a mannequin. 

The house comment was me pontificating.  I just meant if they had adults in the house they should be able to find adults to be in the streets.  The place I talked with the employee was in the (if I remember the name correctly) Alter of Terror (the place where the charcters walked around and interacted in the street).  Sorry if I mislead you.  That was not my intention.  I got photos of the Twins but they were not great,.  Once I got blocked a few times I asked the employee on the sidwalk about it and that was the explaination I got.  I stopped taking any photos after that of them.  It didn't sound right but I didn't want to be the creepy guy taking the photos I was just told not to take.  First time visitor.  Came from quite a distance and didn't need to be shown the door.  

15 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

So, I'm guessing The Thing.

It, ST, NoES, Halloween, Thing, and TrT = good cohesion in IPs. Darn you AHS! LOL

That lineup is exciting if true! But I think Stranger Things, Halloween, and maybe It are definite. The Thing is already Universal so they can already do that. And NOES they need to do old school instead of the 2010 one. And with this lineup too I hope my senses are right but if so I think I smell an icon.!

I got multiple pictures of the twins...so unsure what happened, i went early on in the run....one set of the twins literally ran up on me to ask me if I wanted to play as i had my camera out?

Maybe deeper into the run, a set of twins didn't want to do pics anymore? or higher ups saw a major issue from weeks prior?

If that is really the lineup....by god  YES!! PLEASEEEEE!!!!! But definitely original on Freddy is needed, Halloween we have seen the early ones...I honestly wouldn't mind the Rob Zombie version as blasphemous as that sounds.

Having an IP heavy year after the success of originals last year does seem weirdly out of place.

As for Max's comment right above,  that would, to me, make the sacrifice worth while! The Icons just make the year feel so right!

7 minutes ago, WannabeIcon said:

Halloween we have seen the  ones...I honestly wouldn't mind the Rob Zombie version as blasphemous as that sounds.

I don’t think we would get that because the Weinsteins ownership with the rob zombie one. And like the whole scream thing In florida back in 2015(I’m an HHN Orlando guy) that wouldn’t happen. More likely a tie-in for the new one coming in October this year. 

• Like 1

The 20th Century Fox acquisition isn't set in stone, so they could still work with The Thing if they wanted.

EDIT: In fact, I've heard Comcast is mounting a counter-offer to try and push Disney out, anyway.

If we're talking body horror though, all I have to say is DEATH TO VIDEODROME, LONG LIVE THE NEW FLESH.

Edited by Doctor_Acula

43 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

Let me say now that I will be mightily pissed if we don't get at least three original houses.  Last year's originals were OUTSTANDING - the best of the whole event.  I believe all the reviews supported this.  So, why would they have a lesser total this year?

Only three originals along with no B&T would NOT make me want to book a flight this year...

1 hour ago, hunnylvr said:

Let me say now that I will be mightily pissed if we don't get at least three original houses.  Last year's originals were OUTSTANDING - the best of the whole event.  I believe all the reviews supported this.  So, why would they have a lesser total this year?

Because originals won’t sell tickets compared to the IPs.

Fans can get sore and argue, but it’s an objective fact.

• Like 2

• Mark M. featured and unfeatured this topic
  • Mark M. featured this topic
  • Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic
  • Mark M. unfeatured this topic