Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

On 2/3/2018 at 9:42 AM, littlegreenghouls said:

I  hope that ya understand that the last night was extra busy because at least maybe 10k unused employee tickets got used before they lost the ticket. 

I want to hope it is fake dates because 32 events not including training and hopefully less activity hurricane training dates. which is like 37 nights.

I am hopefully going to be transferring back to my original home venue of hhn.  
 Last year, Halloween was kind of slow. I came at 9pm did  about 4 houses in 1 hr and half.

I doubt it is fake. 
 I think that's the standard for hhn now of day.  

This is one reason.  The other is that there was some offer to college kids for some ridiculously low price.  Combine those two, and you have an epic clusterf on your hands as far as crowds.  I mean, it was MISERABLE.  

If IT actually becomes a house along with Stranger Things, I would imagine the crowds will be equally hellish this year.  So.. how to plan..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

Would the Wishmaster franchise make a cool house? Awesome creature, cool kills.... just thinking out loud here.

The first two movies in that series are one of my favorite one-two punches in horror.

11 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

I hope the stranger things is untrue. 

I get that people get drunk and hit on scare actors or people in general. 

Yet, you know how many people hit on little kid characters.  
 I don't want to hear it. 

I don't see the hype train of strangest things. 

Actually, out of the two (IT and Stranger Things), I would think it most likely that Stranger Things is coming - a no-brainer, really.  That is, of course, assuming they didn't have difficulty getting the rights to do it.  I think ST would make a great house.  There is a lot of terrific material to draw from.   I'm especially hoping for the living room scene with all the Christmas lights.  

20 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

I'm especially hoping for the living room scene with all the Christmas lights.  

A Stranger Things house without that scene would be like The Shining without the twins or “Heeeeere’s Johnny!” It’d be like Exorcist without the vomit. It’s the most famous scene in the series.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

A Stranger Things house without that scene would be like The Shining without the twins or “Heeeeere’s Johnny!” It’d be like Exorcist without the vomit. It’s the most famous scene in the series.

Could be a good distraction before the demigorgon bursts through the wall at you haha

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

a respected user on Inside Universal just posted this:

Fine. I'll allude to what I've heard.

I'm not going to tout veracity too much though...

Unexpect the expected
Sometimes sequels come first

EDIT - And I've heard 7 IPs... Not including the normal speculation Fowl published.

possibly Conjuring 2?

I should clarify.

Only one of those two clues I dropped is for a house that I've heard is coming.

• Thanks 1

So total STAB in the dark here on the clue, regarding prequels.

My guess would be we see Annabelle or Annabelle: Creation, prior to the full fledged house of the conjuring franchise? 

This is with no inside sources, just trying to put things together that make any sense of previous floated ideas.

Edited by WannabeIcon

1 hour ago, WannabeIcon said:

So total STAB in the dark here on the clue, regarding prequels.

My guess would be we see Annabelle or Annabelle: Creation, prior to the full fledged house of the conjuring franchise? 

This is with no inside sources, just trying to but things together that make any sense of previous floated ideas.

I’d love an annabelle creation house :)

14 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

I just realized it's sequels and not sequel. 

Have we had properties that were sequels or prequels without having the original?

Knowing @Legacy, I'm either dead on or completely off the mark. He likes to create clues that annoy me, but they usually aren't completely straightforward. 

I’m guessing Annabelle. Hey, at least it’s not Purge.

What about alien vs predator? It’s kind of a sequel spun off from the alien and predator films, and neither have been at the event in their own right.  And it was a prequel to the original alien films/Prometheus/covenant right?

Edited by Drummanmatt

1 hour ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I’m guessing Annabelle. Hey, at least it’s not Purge.

Annabelle wouldn't fit as we haven't had any of the properties at the event. 

1 hour ago, Drummanmatt said:

What about alien vs predator? It’s kind of a sequel spun off from the alien and predator films, and neither have been at the event in their own right.  And it was a prequel to the original alien films/Prometheus/covenant right?

This is a closer fit to my thoughts on the riddle except for the plural. AvP is a spinoff that could be considered a sequel, but it's only appeared once. 

If it's a layered riddle: It's something we've seen more than once, but we have yet to see the original.

6 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Annabelle wouldn't fit as we haven't had any of the properties at the event. 

This is a closer fit to my thoughts on the riddle except for the plural. AvP is a spinoff that could be considered a sequel, but it's only appeared once. 

If it's a layered riddle: It's something we've seen more than once, but we have yet to see the original.

Would NOES count? I mean, Dreamwalkers and FvJ were mashups of all the films (I think), but we haven’t seen a house dedicated solely to the first movie, right?

2 hours ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

WTH are you talking about? Hitting on little kids? I'm really confused....

Lots of creepers out there. Weren't there always a bunch of security around the Grady twins in the scarezone last yeas?

7 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Would NOES count? I mean, Dreamwalkers and FvJ were mashups of all the films (I think), but we haven’t seen a house dedicated solely to the first movie, right?

NoES would fit. There are others as well. Camp Blood and FvJ. AvED and the reboot. Assimilation and the reboot. 

@hunnylvr is correct that Purge would fit. We have never had the original movie. We've had zones based on sequels and the house that was a mashup. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

NoES would fit. There are others as well. Camp Blood and FvJ. AvED and the reboot. Assimilation and the reboot. 

@hunnylvr is correct that Purge would fit. We have never had the original movie. We've had zones based on sequels and the house that was a mashup. 

I think Legacy said no Purge unless in case of backup. Please no Purge (including scarezone). Let’s see a NG-Catacombs crossover in NY, especially if just two originals! Imagine fog everywhere, the constant sound of coughing and flies, with floats of piled up bodies with the banshees feasting, as plague doctors run around (some of them banshees).

28 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I think Legacy said no Purge unless in case of backup. Please no Purge (including scarezone). Let’s see a NG-Catacombs crossover in NY, especially if just two originals! Imagine fog everywhere, the constant sound of coughing and flies, with floats of piled up bodies with the banshees feasting, as plague doctors run around (some of them banshees).

Lurking over at IU and reading between the lines, there's only one property that fits his requirements for a sequel. I suppose, maybe two. 

Dreamwalkers and Camp Blood were mashups with stories overlaid, they don't fit. There's really only one that fits as a true sequel.