Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

Hard to say whether they’ll allow a SS for an original if the house count is 9. What all does the Shrek theatre allow them to do? If there’s “only” 9 houses, I’d love for NoES to get Shrek so that the originals get SS24 (B or A) and Sprung 1. Also needs to be decent zones for only 2 originals.

If 10 houses, I could see them doing a “park-wide” zone, or at very least drop the zone number to 4 to amortize the budget. In a scenario of 10, I could see:

Stranger Things and It—SS 21

Thing—SS 22

NoES and original—SS 24

Blumhouse Halloween—Shrek

Trick R Treat—Parade building

AHS Cult—MIB tent

Originals—Sprungs

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

have they ever done 5 SS houses before?

I would actually be very okay with this, recently my favorite OG have been in the sprungs

Nope. But I think they could do it. (If someone in the know thinks otherwise, feel free to correct me.)

16 hours ago, fvcking cvnt said:

I do agree two houses would be more profitable.... but I don’t care. I honestly think if the house is the mega house they can fit all content in, I mean did you see how long AHS was last year?

Well just like any business, all Universal is concerned about is what is going to be more profitable lol. In AHS last year, Roanoake and Coven were so condensed compared to Asylum. I don't want the IT house, if they make it a mega house with part 1 and part 2 in 2019, to be 80% the first movie and 20% the second. There's enough to work with to make two separate houses and it gives us something to look forward to the following year instead of getting everything all at once.  

• Like 2

2 things... just my opinions:

1 - no way does Uni miss using IT two years in a row if its possible. That franchise is a cash cow and HHN isn't afraid to use the same property twice.

2 - no more video games and for the love of god... no pro wrasslin' anything.

• Like 7

After taking a peek at what movies are coming out around that time I feel like a Halloween house is possible probably similar to last year's Saw where it was old and new. Also a predator remake (?) Is coming out so it's possible to also see that again. Personally I think they will try to get stranger things and It but I don't know how successful they will be in acquiring them. There was already an It house. I think a poltergeist house would be amazing but I can see any cult classic making an appearance like hell raiser, the titans of terror, or maybe a black and white classic horror house (literally everything is black and white imagine all the fun to have with lighting).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

no way does Uni miss using IT two years in a row if its possible. That franchise is a cash cow and HHN isn't afraid to use the same property twice.

8 minutes ago, MGregorio594 said:

Well just like any business, all Universal is concerned about is what is going to be more profitable lol. In AHS last year, Roanoake and Coven were so condensed compared to Asylum. I don't want the IT house, if they make it a mega house with part 1 and part 2 in 2019, to be 80% the first movie and 20% the second. There's enough to work with to make two separate houses and it gives us something to look forward to the following year instead of getting everything all at once.  

Yeah I agree it's almost 100% going to be 2 houses, I just said I didn't want it to :D

3 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

no more video games

I mean, we are getting multiple lands based on video games, I would be surprised if we didn't see a single video game IP at the event in the next 5 yrs

8 hours ago, fvcking cvnt said:

sorry to be a bother, but I'm trying to get acquainted with the lingo of house design and would like to know what the phrases I have bolded mean.

Yeah, the more I think about it, I feel like NoES has so many fun scenes that could work in a SS with huge effects, I would be okay with it getting a SS, but also I would really like to see at least one OG in a SS so it's 50/50 for me

Yeah, but for originals this year it’s tough to decide what really A&D has in store for us. Or what Universal has planned, since basically there’s been everything from clowns to vampires to everything in between.

6 minutes ago, Fearlessferret said:

After taking a peek at what movies are coming out around that time I feel like a Halloween house is possible probably similar to last year's Saw where it was old and new. Also a predator remake (?) Is coming out so it's possible to also see that again. Personally I think they will try to get stranger things and It but I don't know how successful they will be in acquiring them. There was already an It house. I think a poltergeist house would be amazing but I can see any cult classic making an appearance like hell raiser, the titans of terror, or maybe a black and white classic horror house (literally everything is black and white imagine all the fun to have with lighting).

Halloween will happen. But Predator.. no way in hell. Hellraiser had somewhat an appearance In 2006 with All-Nite Die-In Take 2, other than that that film franchise will never come to the event.

Kind of off topic, but I felt that in my first two years going to the event, there were way too many areas of the park where there was nothing happening in terms of "scares". Obviously walking through the scare zones you expect to be approached and scared. But, is there any way they might be able to hide random SA's throughout the park to frighten you when you least expect it? I know with the volume of people there, it might be difficult to pull off, but it would add another element to the experience for sure. Just a thought....

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Maxmoser said:

Halloween will happen. But Predator.. no way in hell. Hellraiser had somewhat an appearance In 2006 with All-Nite Die-In Take 2, other than that that film franchise will never come to the event.

Please explain.

7 minutes ago, TheShape1031 said:

Kind of off topic, but I felt that in my first two years going to the event, there were way too many areas of the park where there was nothing happening in terms of "scares". Obviously walking through the scare zones you expect to be approached and scared. But, is there any way they might be able to hide random SA's throughout the park to frighten you when you least expect it? I know with the volume of people there, it might be difficult to pull off, but it would add another element to the experience for sure. Just a thought....

Busch Gardens does that REALLY well for Howl o' Scream, with very camouflaged SAs

5 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

Please explain.

Busch Gardens does that REALLY well for Howl o' Scream, with very camouflaged SAs

Yes, something like that would be great. I just felt there was a little too much space between scares and they weren't very surprising. A few unexpected things would be cool. Personally, I think I am tough to scare. I find the mazes more "cool" than scary. I like to see the effects and the scenes from my favorite movies, and once in a while they will get me with a jump scare, like with Scarecrow, but for the most part it doesn't faze me scare wise. The way they send you through the mazes certainly doesn't help because you see the scare a mile away..... but long story short, a few unexpected scares would be a good addition. 

• Like 1

Like I said, I would have LOVED the idea of a FNAF house if it hadn't spawned the fan base that it did (and I hate to be ageist); it's gotten to a point at which it can't really be taken seriously. Like, I think the first two games are actually scary, and not because of the jump scares--I feel they create a scary environment and an intriguing mystery (that ended up getting ridiculously convoluted, hence why I said first two games).

I think it's a case where you really could have used smells--pizza, mixed with vomit--to create a really unsettling house. But again, it's taken as something of a joke at this point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fvcking cvnt said:

Please explain.

Predator has happened at HHN before back in 2014. But the whole Disney/Fox Thing could be difficult. 

As for Hellraiser, I can’t see that as a whole house come to hhn. Yes it has the horror villain pinhead behind it, but a bunch of people have owned Hellraiser(most recently a perverted greedy studio executive). And the other problem Is, Hellraiser wasn’t as popular as NOES or F13 or even what Halloween ever would be. Plus the only Hellraiser that would be cool to touch are the first three films as a house. 

3 minutes ago, Maxmoser said:

Predator has happened at HHN before back in 2014. But the whole Disney/Fox Thing could be difficult. 

As for Hellraiser, I can’t see that as a whole house come to hhn. Yes it has the horror villain pinhead behind it, but a bunch of people have owned Hellraiser(most recently a perverted greedy studio executive). And the other problem Is, Hellraiser wasn’t as popular as NOES or F13 or even what Halloween ever would be. Plus the only Hellraiser that would be cool to touch are the first three films as a house. 

Die In 2 really touched upon films that would never be able to stand on their own as houses. Smart move on their part.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Die In 2 really touched upon films that would never be able to stand on their own.

Oh yes! Except wasn’t Scream apart of Die In 2? Because that could work as it’s own house(c’mon now rights holders let’s get it Harvey isnt a problem).

But The Ring, Hellraiser, or Silence Of The Lambs can’t work as their own house.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Maxmoser said:

1. that isn't definite yet

2. even if it goes through, Disney might sell some IPs they won't be using off, I'm imagining a lot of those horror related

7 minutes ago, Maxmoser said:

as for Hellraiser, I can’t see that as a whole house come to hhn. Yes it has the horror villain pinhead behind it, but a bunch of people have owned Hellraiser(most recently a perverted greedy studio executive). And the other problem Is, Hellraiser wasn’t as popular as NOES or F13 or even what Halloween ever would be. Plus the only Hellraiser that would be cool to touch are the first three films as a house. 

okay one: I never said it's as popular as NoES or Halloween, only that it's possible that it will come to the event again. I think it has a ton of creative scenes I've seen, and I haven't even watched the films! It's almost definitely not going to become as big of a part of the event as the titans, but I could definitely see it as a classics maze sometime in the future.

3 minutes ago, Maxmoser said:

Oh yes! Except wasn’t Scream apart of Die In 2? Because that could work as it’s own house(c’mon now rights holders let’s get it Harvey isnt a problem).

But The Ring, Hellraiser, or Silence Of The Lambs can’t work as their own house.

gtfo

I am trying to be predictable as possible. They WILL pick a movie whether its going to be good or bad (Happy Deathday in Hollywood) that is coming out soon or will come out soon. Slenderman, all of the blum house movies coming out like purge, truth or dare, and then we have the rehash/remake/reboots. A lot of the horror movies coming out dont look good enough for houses by themselves so I also expect to see more compilations, more comedic haunts, and i also think this is the year we will see an ip take the reins as an icon. i have my money on IT.

• Like 1

@Maxmoser this is from me a couple months ago: 

for silence of the lambs:

prison scene

possibly younger hannibal murdering people scene

hannibal's escape with dead police officers

the ambulance with hannibal jumping out

buffalo bill dark scene

finally a scene at the island or an airport with hannibal jumping out

buffalo bill murdering people and skinning people interlaid throughout these, I think it would be really dope

I also think it could work as a Hannibal + Silence of the Lambs thing

and now that I think about it add in the scene from All Nite Die in 2, and it's a pretty solid idea for a shorter house that would draw in a ton of people, and is possibly something the creative team would be passionate about.

Edited by fvcking cvnt
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, fvcking cvnt said:

@Maxmoser this is from me a couple months ago: 

for silence of the lambs:

prison scene

possibly younger hannibal murdering people scene

hannibal's escape with dead police officers

the ambulance with hannibal jumping out

buffalo bill dark scene

finally a scene at the island or an airport with hannibal jumping out

buffalo bill murdering people and skinning people interlaid throughout these, I think it would be really dope

I also think it could work as a Hannibal + Silence of the Lambs thing

First of all heck YES, second of all, I can totally see the scene of us walking through his sewing room and having him jump out dancing in a nude illusion bodysuit, the bathroom scene of the dead woman, and some sort of effect with moths flying all around us all in close quarters. AMAZING. Please let it happen. I feel like it would be similar to the Shining, that house really opened up the possibilities of haunts at HHN. it doesn't have to be gory and terrifying it can just be replaying memorable disturbing scenes that will fill us with dread and a feeling of "whats around the corner".

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

1. that isn't definite yet

2. even if it goes through, Disney might sell some IPs they won't be using off, I'm imagining a lot of those horror related

okay one: I never said it's as popular as NoES or Halloween, only that it's possible that it will come to the event again. I think it has a ton of creative scenes I've seen, and I haven't even watched the films! It's almost definitely not going to become as big of a part of the event as the titans, but I could definitely see it as a classics maze sometime in the future.

gtfo

Isn’t the Disney/Fox deal in 2021?

I know you didn’t say that about Hellraiser, I’m just saying it in a business standpoint(although Hell On Earth has become pretty popular around Halloween at seasonal shops), I mean Hellraiser will be a ballsy IP. That would be an insanely cool and crazy house! 

A Silence Of The Lambs would be cool. But it’s been awhile since I’ve seen the movie. But i have a few ideas for it, but not enough to have a big house 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Maxmoser said:

I know you didn’t say that about Hellraiser, I’m just saying it in a business standpoint(although Hell On Earth has become pretty popular around Halloween at seasonal shops), I mean Hellraiser will be a ballsy IP. That would be an insanely cool and crazy house! 

You know the more I think about it, you're right. The event has been going more and more PG-13 lately, makes me sad :(

2 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

You know the more I think about it, you're right. The event has been going more and more PG-13 lately, makes me sad :(

Still though, Chance has a big rack in the marketing for HHN 26. They can do it.

• Love 1