HHN 25 Discussion

Just got home from my second trip. I now understand why people were liking TWD so much and I was hating it. I had gone twice during the Passholder events, and apparently both times my eyes needed to adjust from being in the sun right before going inside because everything was pitch black throughout most of it. The lines weren't too bad later in the evening so I went again while it was dark out, and I could actually see everything in the house. It was so weird and I never would've thought that was the case. It's still not my favorite house this year, but it's not nearly as bad as I thought at first.

• Like 1

Why are the Unmasking the Horror tours such a cluster fuck this year? I want to do the tour but infant to know which houses I'm getting as some I have no interest in seeing and AWIL I've done in 2013. Anyone have any idea why it's just random houses?

well the 6 houses I and other people have been getting are FvJ run body collectors in the morning, walking dead asylum and m&m in the afternoon 

• Like 1

well the 6 houses I and other people have been getting are FvJ run body collectors in the morning, walking dead asylum and m&m in the afternoon 

thanks that helps. Shame they've been pretty clever with the 6. I really couldn't careless about Walking Dead and Alice I'm not fussed but I do want to see the anniversary house. On the flip all the morning houses are perfect but I'd switch Run for M&M.

decisions.

what houses did you do? What ones are better to see?

So has anyone tried the speciality drink this year that includes the collectible cup? I believe last years was called The Dead Walker or something like that. Just turned 21 and was wondering if it's worth buying or if I should just stick to a beer I already enjoy. 

Same here man, I was planning on buying it on a night I didn't have to drive home. I talked to some people who were drinking the Jacked up drink and they said it was great.

• Like 1

Anyone know what's going down Oct 21? I know it's BTTF anniversary of when Marty went into the future in BTTFII... any rumors? Supposedly EP+ price skyrockets that day...

Persistent but unconfirmed rumors they'll do something ... but I suspect the Express price hike has more to do with local schools being out the next day (in other words, it's hell week).

as bad as the purge is, I think I had a better time at the Purge than I did at RUN or Asylum in Wonderland. (same goes for the Walking Dead, better time in the WD than Run or asylum) 

maybe I just had really bad runs or I was lucky and had good runs on both Purge and WD, but Purge and Walking Dead had more intensity than RUN did (which is ironic because RUN should be the most intense out of the 3) I got more scares in those two and the energy was better. 

Purge still has problems and the sets are not that good, but the music, the lights and the energy of the house makes up for it big time. Purge reminds me a lot of the first Havoc. Walking Dead is getting boring as an IP since they are repeating the same stuff as before, but I got a lot more scares.  
I know Alice is not meant to be as intense of have the same kind of scares those other two have. But RUN should be like the Purge is. 
I wouldn't be surprised if Purge ends up becoming one of the favorites from the intensity alone. 

So I've gone to HHN twice so far and have really enjoyed it, then I heard about the UMTH Tours. It's really Body Collectors, RUN, FVJ for the morning and TWD, Asylum, M&M in the afternoon? Can anyone confirm this 100%? I don't normally complain but I think half the houses on the tour are not even worth seeing, and of course they split them up so to see the ones I would want to see I'd have to buy both tours. I did the tour for the first time last year and loved it, but I may skip it this year if that is the true line up.

The photo craze is bad in all zones. It's kind of ruining the atmosphere of the streets. One of my friends was saying upon leaving the park they overheard another guest yell profanity at a clown for not taking a picture with them and then not saying they weren't going to take a picture with them. Friend overheard this and basically told them "they are not photo ops, he can't talk and you were being a huge jerk for something he can't really do much about". Apparently the guy went back to the clown to apologize. 

I'm scared they are going to go a "no photos" route soon because it's really becoming a hinderance to actors doing their job scaring. I've yet walk through a zone and see less than 2 scareactors posing for photos outside of evils roots.. There's so much fog in that zone that they don't turn out great anyways.

The selfie obsession is real.

Edited by MissBA
  • Like 2

I just returned from my HHN 25 trip. Went Friday and Sunday. Overall, a good year, but it has notable flaws. As usual I am seeing overwhelmingly positive reviews that are - frankly - undeserved. I will post a trip report with my review in time.

Are you done for the season or will you be back before it ends?

So I've gone to HHN twice so far and have really enjoyed it, then I heard about the UMTH Tours. It's really Body Collectors, RUN, FVJ for the morning and TWD, Asylum, M&M in the afternoon? Can anyone confirm this 100%? I don't normally complain but I think half the houses on the tour are not even worth seeing, and of course they split them up so to see the ones I would want to see I'd have to buy both tours. I did the tour for the first time last year and loved it, but I may skip it this year if that is the true line up.

we did the 2pm tour Saturday  (the 26th) and we got M&M, FvsJ, and Body Collectors.  I was VERY happy with the houses we got on our tour!

• Like 2

Are there any opening ceremonies this year? 

They play an introduction by Jack while a variety of scare-actors from across the park stand in front of the gates and look menacing (and rev chainsaws), then a quick pyro burst.  Not very elaborate but both times I've seen it got the crowd pumped up.

It seems from what I've read here and on other sites, it's random what you get. They want you to definitely tour M&M it seems, but it's mixed bag what the other two will be as it seems to vary. But it will definitely be of the six you listed.

I did combo and I got M&M, Asylum, Walking Dead, Run, Freddy vs. Jason, and Body Collectors in that order.

Edited by April

The photo craze is bad in all zones. It's kind of ruining the atmosphere of the streets. One of my friends was saying upon leaving the park they overheard another guest yell profanity at a clown for not taking a picture with them and then not saying they weren't going to take a picture with them. Friend overheard this and basically told them "they are not photo ops, he can't talk and you were being a huge jerk for something he can't really do much about". Apparently the guy went back to the clown to apologize. 

I'm scared they are going to go a "no photos" route soon because it's really becoming a hinderance to actors doing their job scaring. I've yet walk through a zone and see less than 2 scareactors posing for photos outside of evils roots.. There's so much fog in that zone that they don't turn out great anyways.

The selfie obsession is real.

selfies are here to stay.

if they do a no photos policy all they are going to do is piss off that newbie general public they worked so hard to get by using walking dead 4 years.

yeah the selfies are annoying but I hope uni understands that they are going to have to adapt to that.

besides universal is using instagram and twitter to promote the event with fans using the #hhn25 hashtag so it would be a bigger mess when people see the pics on social media but then go to the park and ate told no pictures.

the event keeps evolving, and adapting. Just like the parade never allowed them to put proper sets in the streets, and how they had to find a way to decorate around that problem.

seems like they are going to find a way to adapt to this selfie craze