HHN 25 Discussion

Hey all,  i was really hoping to get down to Florida for HHN25, but my schedule is swamped and I pretty much have only Halloween night free.  I've heard conflicting reports that 10/31 is either insanely busy or relatively quiet.  I really want to go, but not for 2-3 hour lines.  Can anyone shed some light?

Hey all,  i was really hoping to get down to Florida for HHN25, but my schedule is swamped and I pretty much have only Halloween night free.  I've heard conflicting reports that 10/31 is either insanely busy or relatively quiet.  I really want to go, but not for 2-3 hour lines.  Can anyone shed some light?

it depends. That night a lot of people will be at parties (since it is saturday) but recently a lot of people choose to go on Halloween. 
Saturday is not a day that allows Frequent Fear pass or that has coca cola discounts, So it Might be not as crowded.... might be....

Initially, I would agree with what Clash said - actually I do agree on that maybe part.  But it's really tough to gauge at this point.  Opening weekend was much more crowded than I've seen it in years.  The last time Halloween night fell on a Saturday I ended up going and it was pretty busy.  But if you plan on being their the entire night, where it closes at 2am, you'll catch smaller lines near the start and end of the night.

Edited by Pandry
  • Like 1

Initially, I would agree with what Clash said - actually I do agree on that maybe part.  But it's really tough to gauge at this point.  Opening weekend was much more crowded than I've seen it in years.  The last time Halloween night fell on a Saturday I ended up going and it was pretty busy.  But if you plan on being their the entire night, where it closes at 2am, you'll catch smaller lines near the start and end of the night.

On the website it's a 1AM close.

I've also noticed a decline in trick or treating and other small local events. My neighborhood which is a fairly large size with plenty of kids right next door to a school barely had anyone out trick or treating the last two years. The headliner events are for some reason pulling more people in. MNSSHP is my personal favorite event (yet I'm on HNN lol) and it's already selling out so early as well. 

Also maybe it's just the people I hang out with now, but they don't party anymore either. There's maybe one or two parties a year.. I haven't been to a halloween themed party in a long time and does Orlando still have a club scene? I thought they've been trying to get rid of that. I guess you really just have to know where to go.

Plus I've heard HHN wasn't busy on Halloween even before I started going. The bigger that rumor gets via social media blogger "tips" and whatnot, the less valid it becomes. People are always sharing tips and tricks to make visits easier, which is fine and dandy, until they get published and then everyone knows about them and then the purpose gets defeated.

• Like 2

So they're now calling Thursdays and Sundays peak nights?  Such chaos this year.

They aren't calling it "The Carnage Returns" for no reason...

Really glad I picked up Express passes this year, it sounds like tomorrow night's gonna be pretty crazy, even if it is the second week. I have to wonder how much of this is just because of the fact it's an anniversary year and how much it's because the event's become so damn popular.

• Like 1

This is the first year I've seen next to everyone say TWD was decent at best, horrible at worst, with most somewhere in between. Last year it was one of the highest rated houses, but this year....

I can see a negative reaction after 4 years causing Universal to FINALLY see that TWD isn't the main IP driving people in anymore. FvJ, Insidious, and even Purge are already proving more popular than TWD, and the fact that the first 2 are so strong will only continue to make that happen. I think I could safely say there is a very good chance this IS TWD's final year.

However, I won't say that. Why? Because on Saturday, Hollywood's TWD maze got up to a 150 min wait, and is one of their strongest mazes and possibly their highest rated thus far in guest surveys. This is always the case for Hollywood. Murdy never has a problem with doing what's popular, so he'll continue to bring it back until the end of time. Who's to say they won't continue spreading the IP over both coasts, whether or not it's wanted in Orlando?

I don't see them repeating an exact replica of an IP again. I think AWiL was a special case. I wouldn't mind at all repeating classic originals from the past, such as the ones JDW mentioned. They'd be new to most GP, diehards from the way back will enjoy the nostalgia, and newer diehards will get to experience houses from before their time that have been praised for so long. Add in the fact that they probably have most, if not all, the materials they need in storage outside of actually building the house, it's a win/win/win for all involved. Cheap, effective way to add a house to the event.

As for house locations next year, I'd say 4 SSs, Shrek, Parade, 2 tents like normal. Then, you have the options of the MiB extended queue, building a third tent, they're building a 2nd parade building for when the current one is demoed for Nintendo; if it's done soon enough, they could build a house there, etc. They can pull a Hollywood (or a 2012) and go back down a house, but I really hope not.

Also, I was sent a survey yesterday from universal to give opinions of the event the opening weekend. There were two or three questions asking about bringing back The Walking Dead in 2016.  I made sure to mention in every comment section that The Walking Dead is DONE.  Anyone else get this survey?

• Like 1

Does anyone know what time guest services shuts down?  I'll be arriving on the 9th and was hoping to pick up my tickets for the 10th and 11th that night, so I can sleep in a bit.  But I probably wouldn't be getting to the hotel/park until about 930/10pm.

Considering they should be open for HHN, I'd be willing to bet they'll be open til HHN closes for the evening. I'd give them a call beforehand to confirm.

And last year, I was there on a Sunday that saw 41,000 people. Thursdays and Sunday have been peak nights for a while, since they're cheaper. 

Basically, any day that's not a Wednesday or in November is going to be packed. This weekend is the last to have the potential to be slower. We'll find out in a few hours...

• Like 1

And last year, I was there on a Sunday that saw 41,000 people. Thursdays and Sunday have been peak nights for a while, since they're cheaper. 

Basically, any day that's not a Wednesday or in November is going to be packed. This weekend is the last to have the potential to be slower. We'll find out in a few hours...

I definitely wasn't saying those nights weren't crowded, I've just always viewed peak nights vs. non peak nights based on what they charge.  I do love that the event ends on Nov. 1 this year but more so it being a Sunday.  I doubt they'll open FFPs for the Fri and Sat as they just don't need to anymore.  And daylight savings ends so it'll be that much darker at the start on 11/1.  Good way to end the run.

Does anyone know what time guest services shuts down?  I'll be arriving on the 9th and was hoping to pick up my tickets for the 10th and 11th that night, so I can sleep in a bit.  But I probably wouldn't be getting to the hotel/park until about 930/10pm.

Did you select the will call kiosk shipping option? If so, you should just be able to print them out without going to guest services. They have electronic kiosks where you swipe your credit card and type your conformation. I think these are open until CityWalk closes. They are located too the right of the archway and right next to guest services.

Not sure where they're doing Stay & Scream this year but I was there at gates open last night at 6pm and literally walked right on M&M and then Body Collectors after that.  AWIL and FvJ were 30 and 35 minutes.  Left at 9pm and FvJ had the longest posted time at 75 minutes.  Though I didn't go on Asylum, it looked like there was literally no line at all.

Like King K said, great weather and crowds.  So much better than the weekend.

• Like 1