HHN 25 Discussion

Looks like one of the Festival of the Dead parade coins.

Also, I've got to start my 2016 Wishful Thinking.

Z-Nation

Cooties

Final Girls

Purge 3 (Im pretty sold on this)

Conjuring 2 (Fairly big chance, but not necessarily gonna happen)

70s/80s movie the gang in A&D wanna tackle (Killer Klowns From Outer Space?)

1-2 more IPs (Cuz obviously. I don't believe TWD will return. Too much evidence goes against it, especially since the house seems to be doing poorly in comparison to most of the others)

Something with Jack and/or Eddie (Jack is ALWAYS a big hit. Wouldn't be surprised. I want a Jack vs Eddie house with the finale being Eddie severing Jack's head.)

Catacombs, Urban Legends, or Nightingales sequel (UL and Nightingales were designed to be franchises, and Catacombs is noticeably absent from M&M and is a MAJOR fan favorite. It's time for one of these 3 to return.)

2-3 originals

for a possible 10th house, either a near duplicate of a past house or a cheap original (probably a 3D house)

Possible IPs:

Amityville Horror remake or original

F13 reboot sequel

TCM prequel

Underworld (new movie next year)

Ghostbusters 

Edited by foREVer56
  • Like 1

Ghostbusters would have to be the comedy/fun house if it were to appear.

Other IPs I'd enjoy: Twin Peaks, The Shining, It Follows, Hellraiser, and Jaws (enormous great white puppets trying to eat your face would be amazing). 

I think the event is exhausting IPs at this point. It's time for another year with all originals. If they do decide on originals, I'd like to see new ones next year rather than rehashes or sequels of past content. 

Responding to Forever56's list, but I didn't want to quote it, because that would cause a lot more space to be taken up:

Part of me thinks that maybe Purge will just be roaming hordes. Though that's probably a bad gamble to make. 

I'm sorta iffy on Conjuring, but I wouldn't be surprised. That would probably be a HW share.

Jack Vs Eddie? May as well continue the "Versus" house trend. Could be a good way if they want to actually kill off Jack.

Killer Klownz could be fun. Would need to rewatch that.

Maybe we get AHS now that we believe TWD is gone? Also, I don't want to be that guy, but I think in terms of Walking Dead, we still have more to FEAR. (http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/ratings-fear-the-walking-dead-cable-record-1201610178/). I'm thinking this could be Marketing's last gamble, but I'm hoping not.

I'm thinking we get Nightingales out of those 3 given. Considering it was the only one with a Monsters and Mayhem scene. Urban Legends could happen, but I'm wondering what the next step would be. El Cucuy? Chupacabra? Maybe something NOT Mexican / Spanish / etc.? How does Catacombs get a sequel? Obviously I didn't go through it, but from what I heard, it sounded mostly self contained. 

I'm thinking we could get 3D / under the bed / Boogeyman / LT house, whatever the hell it was that was scrapped for last year. I don't think that would be cheap, since if I recall correctly, that was meant for a SoundStage.

Amityville would be neat. Underworld: meh. I actually wouldn't mind Ghostbusters since we haven't had a real comedy house in a few years now. TCM, I guess is okay. Not hoping for F13 to come back already.

Other IPs I'd enjoy: Twin Peaks, The Shining, It Follows, Hellraiser, and Jaws (enormous great white puppets trying to eat your face would be amazing). 

I think the event is exhausting IPs at this point. It's time for another year with all originals. If they do decide on originals, I'd like to see new ones next year rather than rehashes or sequels of past content. 

Hellraiser would be awesome. Jaws would be interesting, though I'm just imagining the underwater tunnels from La Llorona with shark puppets attacking. Does Shining have enough? I guess it does. Jack Nicholson, all the ghosts, that weird dead lady in the bath. Only problem would be Mr. Stephen King possibly objecting, and we get Screamed. Can't comment on Twin Peaks or It Follows.

My early predictions for next year:

The Conjuring: This one seems like a shoe in. Universal has a good relationship with WB and they've worked with James Wan before.

The Purge: New movie is out next year and A&D probably wants to do it right this time.

Crimson Peak: The house in Hollywood is well received, and if it's a box office dud I can imagine they'd want to use this before it becomes irrelevant.

Killer Klowns from Outer Space: A property that A&D has wanted to tackle for a long time. Question is: will people be clowned out? 

House with the year's icon (Eddie?)

One of the two originals that was scrapped in 2012 and 2014.

A sequel

Two new originals

How does Catacombs get a sequel? Obviously I didn't go through it, but from what I heard, it sounded mostly self contained. 

I've thought about this one a lot, and there's really four different ways a sequel could occur:

1) The obvious. The house ended with the Plague Doctors in a museum because they were being moved in there for the exhibit. So, the logical next step is starting in the museum before they escape into modern-day Cary, France.

2) The redux. Basically, we revisit the Catacombs for more of the same. We see different parts of the tomb, but it's nothing particularly clever.

3) The prequel. I'd be thrilled with this. We visit the town of Cary, France in the 1500s at the height of the Black Plague. The finale is the Plague Doctors being entombed in the catacombs by the town people (Ghost Town's cave-in finale FTW).

4) The quarantine. If an ancient disease resurfaced, the CDC would be on the scene to stop it. That's the crux of this one, where the Catacombs are under quarantine by the CDC combining the aesthetic of the catacombs themselves with Containment. This is legitimately my favorite idea, because it's basically ancient plague doctors vs. modern plague doctors. This also leads to a possible trilogy where the containment fails and the plague is unleashed.

Also, the Shining would never get Screamed. Stephen King would never approve it in the first place.

Edited by Legacy
  • Like 6

I've thought about this one a lot, and there's really four different ways a sequel could occur:

1) The obvious. The house ended with the Plague Doctors in a museum because they were being moved in there for the exhibit. So, the logical next step is starting in the museum before they escape into modern-day Cary, France.

2) The redux. Basically, we revisit the Catacombs for more of the same. We see different parts of the tomb, but it's nothing particularly clever.

3) The prequel. I'd be thrilled with this. We visit the town of Cary, France in the 1500s at the height of the Black Plague. The finale is the Plague Doctors being entombed in the catacombs by the town people (Ghost Town's cave-in finale FTW).

4) The quarantine . If an ancient disease resurfaced, the CDC would be on the scene to stop it. That's the crux of this one, where the Catacombs are under quarantine by the CDC combining the aesthetic of the catacombs themselves with Containment. This is legitimately my favorite idea, because it's basically ancient plague doctors vs. modern plague doctors. This also leads to a possible trilogy where the containment fails and the plague is unleashed.

Also, the Shining would get Screamed. Stephen King would never approve it in the first place.

1,3, and 4 are awesome. I've never seen the original, so I guess 2 wouldn't kill me, though I'd rather have progression. Honestly, they could probably do both the quarantine and prequel for different years.

Legacy, I love those ideas.

Thanks. I've got dozens of them.

That's disappoints me most about Catacombs' disappearance. The characters and story could expand in so many ways. Way more than the Body Collectors or Shadybrook which are just more of the same. The Black Plague is terrifying, relevant and relatable. The doctors creepy and unique. But nothing.

• Like 3

Can you buy one? Or how do they hook it up.

I'm sure they sell trigger-type devices at Halloween stores, but all the sounds and effects that are used are unique to each house at HHN. 

http://www.frightprops.com/controllers-electronics/triggers-for-prop-controllers.html

Those are basically the same thing, though Universal's are far more industrial. Universal connects the trigger to a microcontroller that interfaces with the houses light and audio controllers. They're not hard. There are how-tos everywhere. It just takes some effort.

• Like 1

http://www.frightprops.com/controllers-electronics/triggers-for-prop-controllers.html

Those are basically the same thing, though Universal's are far more industrial. Universal connects the trigger to a microcontroller that interfaces with the houses light and audio controllers. They're not hard. There are how-tos everywhere. It just takes some effort.

Is http://www.frightprops.com/controllers-electronics/frightideas-controllers/picoboo-controllers/picoboo-ac-0913.html the  type of microcontroller they use?

I wonder if they will ever attempt Scream again or has this year's dealings soured A&D to ever wanting that property again? (similar to how Murdy refuses to go near it after the 2011 fiasco in Hollywood)

I hope not. Even if they say yes to everything and bent over backwards for Universal I hope they never try it again. Besides we already saw how the sets would be like so it would probably feel like a rehash as well, Ghost face or not.... 

there are so many other older IPs they can do, let's hope they choose something better