HHN 25 Discussion

My opinion, while Uni may be crowded, it's nowhere near ready for a 2 park event anytime soon. This is coming from a consumers (me) standpoint. We've just reached 9 houses (one which is just a repeat). If UniOrl wants to put it in two parks, in order to justify the price they'd need at LEAST 8 houses per park or one park cost considerably less than the other if they can't reach the same amount of content. I would buy a 2 park 2 night pass with the expectation one park is not lesser in content than the other. It'll be impossible to do 16 houses in one night (especially with up to an hour wasted in walk time) but at the same time I'm not going to spend the same kind of money as I do now for only one park that has been reduced/split to 4 houses instead of 8 so that you CAN do everything in one night and get half the value I can currently get with all 8 houses in one place. Nope. 

Then like what they already experience with potter, people will gripe about "I feel soooo pressured to buy a 2 park pass to see everything potter" if they split HHN. 

In order to achieve 2 parks the value needs to be the same in both parks as it is now to justify the price for content. And right now I personally don't think they can make that leap.

I don't really care about creatives reasonings or whatever. But my wallet says no to the idea in the meantime.

IoA isn't really the be-all, end-all anyway.  Putting aside the costs--which would be massive--the streets are too narrow and an entire land (Seuss) is off-limits. Even Marvel, they'd have to tread lightly. Not to mention the hassle of making people walk between parks.

In addition, closing both parks at 5 risks alienating the ever-growing daytime non-HHN crowd.

Realistically, I think a huge rate hike is a more likely option than a 2-park event any time soon.

Sometimes I am baffled that they even tried the two parks event to begin with... I know we had less stuff back then (No Potter, less houses, less crowds) 
but it sounds like a nightmare to run the park at both events, and Expensive.

Sometimes I can't believe they even tried it out. doesn't seem like it would be that great of an idea to begin with. 

Edited by clash
  • Like 2

Hey all 

I'm new here and heading to Orlando from Scotland tomorrow for my 6th HHN. I was just looking for some advice from the people who have already attended HHN25. Are there any snake related scares this year that a phobia sufferer would do best to avoid? Have tried contacting Universal directly but guest services didn't have the info required. Any info will be greatly appreciated!! 

• Like 1

Well news suggests a King Cobra on the loose in orlando. But the likelihood of running into him if he's not yet dead somewhere is slim to none (he's been missing for a few weeks now)

I don't recall any snake related scares. This isn't a phobia triggering year in the lines of snakes, spiders, yadayada, except clowns. If you're afraid of clowns, this year is not the year for you.

• Like 3

I have to wonder where they are going to go from here. Not to start premature HHN26 talks but... Disaster! queue will be gone next year. Twister will be under construction? (not sure if Soarin' of Jimmy Fallon will be complete or not), At some point Kids zone is going down. Shrek can be used. But next year might be a year full of construction. I don't know how they can sustain 9 houses unless they plan a area for it in the FF ride.

My bet is we step down from 9 to 8. TWD finally gets the boot. Which would free up a location but... if they start this whole "bring back duplicates" crap we'd be down again. I'm guessing AWIL was more of a saving face move with Landis. So maybe it won't happen again.

Frankly HP being open and a 9th houses didn't help me in the least. I still barely made 8 houses and no shows. That was also no bathroom/food breaks or attempting to take in scare zones. Only thing i did was walk/run and fill up my cup when I got near a remix machine.

I guess time will tell if crowds sustain this year.

This is the first year I've seen next to everyone say TWD was decent at best, horrible at worst, with most somewhere in between. Last year it was one of the highest rated houses, but this year....

I can see a negative reaction after 4 years causing Universal to FINALLY see that TWD isn't the main IP driving people in anymore. FvJ, Insidious, and even Purge are already proving more popular than TWD, and the fact that the first 2 are so strong will only continue to make that happen. I think I could safely say there is a very good chance this IS TWD's final year.

However, I won't say that. Why? Because on Saturday, Hollywood's TWD maze got up to a 150 min wait, and is one of their strongest mazes and possibly their highest rated thus far in guest surveys. This is always the case for Hollywood. Murdy never has a problem with doing what's popular, so he'll continue to bring it back until the end of time. Who's to say they won't continue spreading the IP over both coasts, whether or not it's wanted in Orlando?

I don't see them repeating an exact replica of an IP again. I think AWiL was a special case. I wouldn't mind at all repeating classic originals from the past, such as the ones JDW mentioned. They'd be new to most GP, diehards from the way back will enjoy the nostalgia, and newer diehards will get to experience houses from before their time that have been praised for so long. Add in the fact that they probably have most, if not all, the materials they need in storage outside of actually building the house, it's a win/win/win for all involved. Cheap, effective way to add a house to the event.

As for house locations next year, I'd say 4 SSs, Shrek, Parade, 2 tents like normal. Then, you have the options of the MiB extended queue, building a third tent, they're building a 2nd parade building for when the current one is demoed for Nintendo; if it's done soon enough, they could build a house there, etc. They can pull a Hollywood (or a 2012) and go back down a house, but I really hope not.

• Like 4

It's also worth noting. Universal has a faster turnaround time compared to Disney in terms of construction. Especially if it's just gutting the building. Something that takes Disney 4-5 years to complete (opening fantasyland up in parts...), universal can do it in 1-2 years (can you imagine if they only opened a portion of Diagon and Gringotts wouldn't open until a good year or so later? no way). The rumor mill says that any future plans are constructed around HHN. I wouldn't be disappointed in going back down to 8 houses because AWIL... But I would be disappointed in going down to 7. 

• Like 1

BTW, did anyone come across interactive buttons in any of the houses?  I heard of them being out there from some of the media night crew interviews but I don't recall seeing anything that was obvious or stuck out as a press me type button/switch.  At the same time, I can't say I was looking for them either.  But it just popped into my head right now for some reason.

• Like 1

Hey, not asking this in the Insidious house thread because I don't want to reveal things for myself, but since I have wacky SJW-level hangups and this is hella spoilers for Chapter 1 and 2...

Are the Bride in Black scareactors in the house male or female?

Edited by Circ

BTW, did anyone come across interactive buttons in any of the houses?  I heard of them being out there from some of the media night crew interviews but I don't recall seeing anything that was obvious or stuck out as a press me type button/switch.  At the same time, I can't say I was looking for them either.  But it just popped into my head right now for some reason.

Could the buttons have been mistaken for scaractor triggers? I've heard some scaractors have triggers they press or stand on to que lights/sound effects? Maybe they didn't know what they were?

I've only been in a few houses in the past and none this year (yet) I'll admit. But... Every house I've been in. Ain't nobody got  time (or eyesight) for that.

Unless you mean they are in the que?

Edited by MissBA

No, these definitely weren't the e-prompts.  For example, last year in Giggles and Gore there was a button with a big "press me" sign.  When you pressed it, it sprayed some water and made a loud noise.  Some aren't so obvious as that but they're placed in locations that are within reach of the line path.  Penn & Teller's house was the first I recall that used them.  And I think that year TWD house had one near the phone.  When the button was pressed a recording came on.

However, I am curious if any scareactors on this board have had their prompts accidentally triggered by guests?

• Like 1

Wow that's so cool and useful information.

Would never cross my mind to touch anything in the houses. I can usually barely see anything anyways with how fast they push you through. When anyone finds out where they are I want to know so I can make it a point to go check it out!! 

Well news suggests a King Cobra on the loose in orlando. But the likelihood of running into him if he's not yet dead somewhere is slim to none (he's been missing for a few weeks now)

I don't recall any snake related scares. This isn't a phobia triggering year in the lines of snakes, spiders, yadayada, except clowns. If you're afraid of clowns, this year is not the year for you.

thanks very much for your response!

Everything else is fair game! Only snakes are a no no, so thanks! 

Monster's cafe, Richter burgers, Across from MIB... I'm sure there are more but those are the only ones I used so far.

Also:

That Italian place down the street from the Mummy, and by the SpongeBob store near kidzone

• Like 1

Guest kiwisoup

Penn & Teller's house was the first I recall that used them.  And I think that year TWD house had one near the phone.  When the button was pressed a recording came on.

The first time was Psychoscareapy in 2010 with the button that made an alarm go off and lit up jack in a straight jacket.

well depending on your outlook, it could be the perfect year for you. If you're in it for the scares that is.

• Like 1

Where are the freestyle machines located?

Universal: Richters, Kid Zone Pizza, Monster's Cafe, Mel's Die-In, MIB area, Louies, also two that are just out (I'll find out for sure tomorrow.)

IOA: Port of Entry Dining Reservation Cart (Under the Hulk), Captain America's Diner, Comic Strip Cafe, Thunder Falls, Burger Digs, Circus McGurkus, near the shish ka bob cart thing in Lost Continent. There's one more in Jurassic Park at one of the carts I think; again (I'll find out for sure tomorrow).

Hey all 

I'm new here and heading to Orlando from Scotland tomorrow for my 6th HHN. I was just looking for some advice from the people who have already attended HHN25. Are there any snake related scares this year that a phobia sufferer would do best to avoid? Have tried contacting Universal directly but guest services didn't have the info required. Any info will be greatly appreciated!! 

It would be kind of funny if you were at the park and somehow there was a real snake hiding in the bushes or something and it came out when you were walking by haha. 

(Don't ride the Potter ride, huge snake in 3D... Some of the Potter stores have snake robots in them, or props... )

• Like 1