Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

These are my guess' for the 3 cryptic comments so far...

1. Balloons = American werewolf in London...Why? Because "A naked American man stole my BALLOONS."

2. Kevin = RIPD...Why? Because KEVIN Bacon plays Bobby Hayes in the movie.

3. Surname = Psycho/Norman Bates related...Why? Because a surname usually is a persons last name..and that means Bates is Normans surname.

Those seem a bit on the nose. Then again, so does Vincent.

Anyway, there's also Kevin Spacey. Spacey could mean Alien...or it could refer to Shrink=AHS.

"We know what you want- more info on HHN 23. Soon we'll be able to share. Do you think you can handle the fear this year?" - HHNO Facebook

I hope this "info" is some darn good info!

I'm guessing not, probably going to be event dates. But hey better then nothing!

• Like 1

"We know what you want- more info on HHN 23. Soon we'll be able to share. Do you think you can handle the fear this year?" - HHNO Facebook

I'm guessing not, probably going to be event dates. But hey better then nothing!

at least we ll know for sure what thursday it starts on

Lately I have been seeing alot of talk on twitter between Mike Aiello and John Murdy about making pitches together and such. Not 100% certain what this means, but it might mean that we are going to have houses and content similar to that of Universal Studios Hollywood. I feel kind of uneasy about this however. Last year, I was quite disappointed with the excess of ip houses. Now don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with ip houses, but I am a firm believer that original houses created by A&D are the way to go. What do you guys/girls think?

Ifrit's next post

3944baceaac911e2b65722000a1fb376_7.jpg

"Aren't you glad that there's not eight Clues in this Line-up to contemplate?"

Alluding to having more than 8 houses? Idk. Need to think this through, but obviously the numbers one through nine are being spelled out phonetically, the way police and other professionals who communicate numbers via radio transmitters say numbers. Again, this might be an R.I.P.D. reference.

EDIT: this might also be a general military reference, considering it's a military alphabet (HAVOC, dogs of war, etc.)

EDIT 2: I believe this is the site this list is coming from: http://www.armystudyguide.com/content/army_board_study_guide_topics/communications/phonetic-numerals-military.shtml

(I'm nothing if not thorough :P) This definitely confirms the military aspect

The thing that catches my eye in that picture is the fact that some of the letters are underlined. That might mean something.

Its just a tease from the PR dept.. The good stuff should be starting with LT/HU

When did HHN start on a Thursday? :P

• Like 1

It will be. They sent out a similar tweet today:

"@UORHHN: We know what you want - the #HHN23 event dates. Soon we'll be able to share. Get ready."

Looks like we'll know pretty soon how many nights the event will run for, and if it'll extend into November.

Cryptic Comment #4:

Eraser = Rubber = Rubberman = Ammerican Horror Story

Or

Eraser = Nine Inch Nails = Pinhead

I was too exhausted yesterday to give serious consideration to the Ifrit's clue.

The only thing I could think was:

Military Jargon = Havoc

EDIT: How on earth does yesterday autocorrect to tester?

Edited by mystiquephreeq
  • Like 2

So, assuming that the website is right and the event will be in USF only, I guess we can expect the same house locations as last year as well as maybe Sound Stage 21 as well? TNA has moved out, so I assume it's available?

Edited by Parkscope

Seven weekends of terror. Love it!

FULL DATES: All is being finalized for Halloween Horror Nights 23 and it will be unlike any other year. Enter if you dare Sept. 20-21, 26-29, Oct. 3-6, 10-13, 16-20, 23-27 and Oct. 31-Nov. 2. But you can’t say we didn’t warn you…

• Like 3

I know i'm rather late to put in my 2 cents and even worse, trudge myself surely off the path for houses, but the speculation of balloons and children makes me wonder for the possibility of but another Scary Tales house. Possible, maybe. Probable, not at all. Carry on.

So, assuming that the website is right and the event will be in USF only, I guess we can expect the same house locations as last year as well as maybe Sound Stage 21 as well? TNA has moved out, so I assume it's available?

You should know better than to assume anything lol... even if SS21 is vacated, it'd be rather difficult for them to use as a house location due to its location behind Rockit. There needs to be a place for the queue & the exit. Theoretically, it could exit the same way Silent Hill did last year, (around the front of the Rockit stage), but there is still the issue of the queue. I don't see 4 SS houses this year, it'd be too much of a nightmare & clustf*ck.

I'd say that Curious George, MIB extended queue, ET outdoor covered queue, possibly Shrek's queue, or 2 houses shoved into the parade building... i'd expect one of those 5 locations for an 8th house before a 4th soundstage...

we really do need to have the houses spread out & a house in the back half of the park would be the best option

You should know better than to assume anything lol... even if SS21 is vacated, it'd be rather difficult for them to use as a house location due to its location behind Rockit. There needs to be a place for the queue & the exit. Theoretically, it could exit the same way Silent Hill did last year, (around the front of the Rockit stage), but there is still the issue of the queue. I don't see 4 SS houses this year, it'd be too much of a nightmare & clustf*ck.

I'd say that Curious George, MIB extended queue, ET outdoor covered queue, possibly Shrek's queue, or 2 houses shoved into the parade building... i'd expect one of those 5 locations for an 8th house before a 4th soundstage...

we really do need to have the houses spread out & a house in the back half of the park would be the best option

Any way they do it, they seriously need 8 houses this year.

• Like 3

What more do you want?

- 8 houses

- 6 themed scarezones

- 2 roaming scareactor areas (NY & Hollywood)

- 3 theater shows, lagoon show, mini stage entertainment, street entertainment (similar to Death Drums)

- more food options

well... you did ask.. lol :P

Speculation regarding streets, I mentioned it before in a previous post... my speculation on that area points towards at least 5 themed scarezones in the back half & then roaming scareactor hordes in the front half of the park (if I need to elaborate again, i can)

• Like 4

- 8 houses

- 6 themed scarezones

- 2 roaming scareactor areas (NY & Hollywood)

- 3 theater shows, lagoon show, mini stage entertainment, street entertainment (similar to Death Drums)

- more food options

well... you did ask.. lol :P

Speculation regarding streets, I mentioned it before in a previous post... my speculation on that area points towards at least 5 themed scarezones in the back half & then roaming scareactor hordes in the front half of the park (if I need to elaborate again, i can)

I'd love a mix of themed scarezones and hordes. And yea, I wouldn't mind 3 shows as well. Just something more interesting than a magic show.

Overall though, I'm just looking for 8 good houses and a mix of zones and hordes. Anything else is gravy.