Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

Just to give us some context for all the clues this year, I thought I'd remind everyone what Dr. Jimmy's clues were last year, and what they lined up with. Dr. Jimmy began this year saying those were too easy, and has stepped up his game. Therefore, I think we may still be thinking a bit too literally. Just something to consider whilst we reflect on this year's Cryptic Clues.

Cryptic Clues 1.0

1) "Vincent is an interesting name." - Alice Cooper: Welcome to My Nightmare

2) "I drink Dr. Pepper and I'm proud." - American Werewolf in London

3) "Winnebago" - The Walking Dead

4) "Sometimes when I'm joking, I'm quite serious." - P&T New'kd Las Vegas

5) "Waterspouts" - Gothic

6) "19th Century" - Dead End

7) "Twins" - Chupacabra house (originally clue about a South American mythology house)

Cryptic Clues 2.0

1) "Pyramids" - Welcome to Silent Hill (replacement for AWiL)

2) "Photograph" - House of Horrors (Dead Exposure with monsters; replacement for the Chupacabra house)

Cryptic Clues 3 "Eight cryptic statements"

1) "Free falling" - Vampires/Strengoit

2) "I've seen shit that'll turn you white." - Ghosts/Iniquitus (was some confusion from sources on this one)

3) "Apparently there hasn't been any room in hell for some time" - Zombies/Kerezan

4) "Lampy swore he saw one" - Dragon Warriors/Baccanoid

5) "Be seeing you" - Prisoners/Maschorians (two descriptions of same thing)

6) "School's out for summer, but it comes back in the fall" - Trick or Treaters/Morphans

7) "Sometimes when I'm serious, I'm really joking." - Clowns with chainsaws (were either scrapped, or referenced something else)

8) "Lollipop" - Female Chainsaw Team/Maschorians (two descriptions of same thing)

Scarezone Spec Post 2.0 (only less detailed)

Themed SZ locations:

- Shrek Alley

- Sting Alley

- San Francisco

- World Expo

- Springfield/Krustyland (tentative)

- Central Park

Roaming Scareactors:

- Hollywood Blvd

- New York

*Production Central isnt listed because its too much of a clusterf*ck around that area.

• Like 1

Just to give us some context for all the clues this year, I thought I'd remind everyone what Dr. Jimmy's clues were last year, and what they lined up with. Dr. Jimmy began this year saying those were too easy, and has stepped up his game. Therefore, I think we may still be thinking a bit too literally. Just something to consider whilst we reflect on this year's Cryptic Clues.

This is exactly why I think surname is not having to do with his last name. It's also why I think "Eraser" may have to do with pencil/school/children, which brings me to....

This isn't a bad idea. Or maybe it's more like the trick or treat scarezone from last year. There seem to be children references all over the place...at least in some of the interpretations of the clues, anyway.

• Like 1

This isn't a bad idea. Or maybe it's more like the trick or treat scarezone from last year. There seem to be children references all over the place...at least in some of the interpretations of the clues, anyway.

Maybe we'll get little kid versions of all the icons. Like the Muppet Babies, only 100% more homicidal. :P

• Like 2

I inverted the colors on theifrit's new photo:

7d4d2adea92611e2a1c622000a1fbcae_7.png

...and it looks like there are letters in the background. Can anybody with really good eyes make anything out?

I'm not caught up yet, so not sure if anyone else said this, but is it just me, or do any of you see the shadow right up the middle that looks like an Iniquitus if said Iniquitis wore a beret or something? I see the skeletal face, and long black robe and possibly holding a staff of some kind

I see Jack the Clown in the wallpaper...

Doesnt everyone. We can do without Jack for a bit longer. Less fights to break up.

Speaking on a different manner, could there be a specific reason as to why certain pictures were chosen for the website? Anything couldve been picked seeing as they/ we all take spectacular photos. Could there be some significance, or once again, going in too deep.

Edited by Katz

When did he get out of the lantern?

You are probably looking into it too much. In past years the pictures they choose have not mattered or pointed towards anything.

very much figured. I just noticed the amount of "kid" sections, as in the Skoolhouse and various other "kids-gone-sour" areas with the relation to all this hub bub.

Speaking on a different manner, could there be a specific reason as to why certain pictures were chosen for the website? Anything couldve been picked seeing as they/ we all take spectacular photos. Could there be some significance, or once again, going in too deep.

When the general website first came out, I did notice how a lot of the pictures were from HHN 18, and there is obviously HU/LT this year.

It may not mean anything, and if it was intentional maybe it was more of an homage.

That's just how I always saw it.

I wouldn't chalk it up to anything but marketing strategy. They most likely just chose pictures that put the event in the best light, and showed the greatest variety of monsters and scares. I seriously, seriously doubt there are any clues there as to this year's content.

Regarding the website images (which as said before) are not any clue towards this years event.. Its really just to show off the event. Usually the one image we ALWAYS see on the site is 2006's "Harvest of the Souls" entrance, this year they gave us "Fractured Tales"..

6 from 2008 - The Skoolhouse, Path of the Wicked, Fractured Tales, Asylum in Wonderland & Central Park

1 from 2009 - Dracula

3 from 2011 - Winter's Night & Forsaken

2 from 2012 - Inquitus & traditionals

2008 was all about myths, tales, nightmares, urban legends, & fears... thats why the images from 2008's scarezones might make you think there is some hint towards children.

As for this year, the only rumored house that would be directly linked to children would be La Llorona... Scary Tales won't be back, it had its time (3 times, 4 if you include 2008's ST3 scene cameo in 2010's Hallow'd Past) + a scarezone (Fractured Tales)...

If I'm one of you locals, I'm doing backflips right now with the event being held in November. Should be pretty empty.

^while you would think that... we did not get that "pretty empty" night we are used to last year on Halloween... Yes the crowds were insane last year, but over the past 6-7 years, we've never seen Halloween night with waittimes hitting an hour 30mins after the gates opened.

so depending on the crowds this year will depend on whether or not we'll get the "pretty empty" we've grown accustomed to or if we'll have a repeat of last year's final night(mare)...

I don't know if anyone touched on this...

But on the website along with the event dates, the top states "all-new houses" than under "spine-chilling street experiences".

Please let this mean scarezones!!! I didn't really like the street experience last year due to the lack of sets.

But on the website along with the event dates, the top states "all-new houses" than under "spine-chilling street experiences".

Please let this mean scarezones!!! I didn't really like the street experience last year due to the lack of sets.

I dont think they fully updated the site.. They did this in the past.

Local 6 released the dates of HHNO and a statement saying "unlike any other year".

I'm still recovering from the fact I saw something HHN related out of this site. I shouldn't be as excited this early in the year!!

"spine-chilling street experiences". Please let this mean scarezones!!!

Don't look too far into this..

in 2011 AND 2012 (i have screencap for proof) it said "electrifying scarezones while an army of mutant, monsters and maniacs roam the darkened studio streets"... it also said this on the image for the emails sent out when tickets went on sale.

Last year it then changed to "spine-tingling scarezones"

then "spine-chilling scarezones"

then finally "spine-tingling street experiences"

So expect the event description to change over time...

Because the Chesire Cat needs to have the ability to appear & disappear at random, the only way to really pull this off was with a projection. So you'd see his eyes/grin, but no body... then all of him..

We had the foul-mouthed Catepillar though (complete with water spray effect)... he was more than enough lol

Well if we really want to get technical, the generic website states "spine-chilling street experiences" and " shocking scarezones."

Screenshot2013-04-23at83053PM_zps3f50ed1

Screenshot2013-04-23at83102PM_zpsc3f7aed

You're welcome, Chris. Haha.

And to prove your point even more, I screen-capped the generic site the first day it went up and it sates select nights through Sept and Oct.

tumblr_mihojmGhmd1s5c9cno4_1280.png

And of course we know now it extends into November.

So you're not going to find many useful things on the generic site (at least if they do it like previous years).

• Like 1