Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

That too. It wouldn't work as a straight forward maze, but as a hint to the theme of an original maze it sounds cool.

Yeah, it would be really cool. In my opinion I think the concept of the Blair Witch Project is very scary and it's one of the few horror movies to ever genuinely creep me out. Though, some people don't find it scary, but what scares you may not exactly scare me. Everyone has specific nails that strike with them.

Anyways, if I want to get on an over-thought tangent, well we have the Blair Witch. People have speculated that American Horror Story might be a house, and season 3 of the show will be based around witches and voodoo. Hm...

• Like 1

I'm a big Christine fan.. I own diecast, vinyl soundtrack, book, and DVD.. My question is.. How could they even try to pull off a Christine house? Just wondering

I think Christine is way too obvious, but who knows, it could be exactly that.

If it really is Christine, I honestly don't see them pulling it off. No offense to A&D, but that's a hard property to dabble with. They could have some creepy car-garage scenes, but that's about the extent that I can think of (though I haven't seen the movie in a long time and I never read the book).

And who, or what, would be the scareactors? Would it be animatronic cars... or people dressed as cars. Okay...that I'd pay to see. This must be the humor house of the year, haha.

Edited by TsunamiFox

I might be the only one on this board that has never seen 1 minute of True Blood.... isnt it kinda "Twilighty"? Or am I thinking of something else altogether?

True blood has a lot of romance, but the show is nothing like Twilight. the show doesn't shy away from blood and some gore.

Is difficult to describe. The show does have a lot of romantic plots, and love triangles, but also, true blood deals with witches, werewolves, demons, ghosts, They could probably do a pretty scary house with True Blood.

it can get violent too, people and vampires get killed all the time.

I guess you could say Twilight is for kids, while True Blood is more for adults.

• Like 1

I'm a big Christine fan.. I own diecast, vinyl soundtrack, book, and DVD.. My question is.. How could they even try to pull off a Christine house? Just wondering

I've been wondering the same thing. Was going to post a link to the Monty Python sketch that always comes to mind when I think of how they would pull of a Christine house but my phone is being mean to me.

All that aside, I find it extremely unlikely there will be a Christine house. Of all the Stephen King properties, it would make the least sense to turn into a haunt experience. Maybe as part of a "Best Of" house where you can have the car maybe stop a few feet by the guests, ala the Test Track truck scare. But a whole house of that? Too expensive an effect and repetitive.

Heck, Cujo would make a more compelling house. *eye roll*

Edited by nikifury138
  • Like 1

Im with you... I dont think it works. Amazing movie though for sure.

Maybe the classic monsters could be tied into the Lineages somehow, (although I don't know how the Morphans or Zombies could get one), but would Universal really be willing to do that? I doubt it.

The Classics are already tied into the Lineages of the Legions.

Baccanoid - The Invisible Man

Cerebin - The Wolfman and The Creature

Kerezan - The Mummy and Frankenstein's Monster

Maschorian - The Bride of Frankenstein

Morphan - The Phantom of the Opera

Strengoit - Nosferatu, Dracula, and The Brides of Dracula

EDIT:

For those unfamiliar with the Legions:

Baccanoid = Warriors

Cerebin = Beasts

Kerezan = Zombies

Maschorian = Prisoners

Morphan = Traditionals

Strengoit = Vampires

Edited by mystiquephreeq
  • Like 3

I've been wondering the same thing. Was going to post a link to the Monty Python sketch that always comes to mind when I think of how they would pull of a Christine house but my phone is being mean to me.

All that aside, I find it extremely unlikely there will be a Christine house. Of all the Stephen King properties, it would make the least sense to turn into a haunt experience. Maybe as part of a "Best Of" house where you can have the car maybe stop a few feet by the guests, ala the Test Track truck scare. But a whole house of that? Too expensive an effect and repetitive.

Heck, Cujo would make a more compelling house. *eye roll*

There is no way that they would ever do a "Christine" house based on Stephen King's story. It's just not practical in so many ways. Also, if they actually had permission to work with King there are SEVERAL other stories that would make bad ass houses, and I'm sure they'd choose one of those. Or, and let me dream a minute, have King create a house (like P&T did) - something brand new. OMG, I think I'd just die.

• Like 2

Christine was directed by John Carpenter. My idea would be a 3D house based on They Live, the movie directed by John Carpenter and released by Universal. Roddy Piper would give you the "glasses" like in the movie and all of the aliens and conformist messages on the billboards would pop in 3D.

They could also do a Carpenter tribute house featuring scenes from Halloween, The Thing, Escape From New York, The Fog, ect.

• Like 3

Christine was directed by John Carpenter. My idea would be a 3D house based on They Live, the movie directed by John Carpenter and released by Universal. Roddy Piper would give you the "glasses" like in the movie and all of the aliens and conformist messages on the billboards would pop in 3D.

They could also do a Carpenter tribute house featuring scenes from Halloween, The Thing, Escape From New York, The Fog, ect.

This would NOT piss me off. :)

• Like 3

I think they could pull off a generic killer car house, but they couldn't do justice to Christine.

But something with just sounds of a car revving their engines non stop, screeching tires, honking horns, etc.

A room that has two periodic BRIGHT lights, like headlights, that swing right to left like the car, takes a sec for your eyes to adjust, guy laying on the floor half mushed (prop floor) with tire marks going over him telling you "there was nobody driving the car!".

A room with a forced prospective with little brake lights like a car taking off away and the carnage it left in it's wake.

A room with a forced prospective hallway/ally, like the Frankenstein gag last year, with two little headlights in the distance, that revs it's engines and the lights seem to get closer...then you turn on the lights and there's the front end of a car right there. Great scare.

A room with a picket fence, with a car shaped hole in it, with fake grass with tire marks through it and people running around scaring, horn honking and engine revving noises freak them out.

Etc, etc, etc.

I think it could be pretty cool as a concept, but not as a movie-specific house.

This is how I see it ...... I'm usually wrong :(. Balloons= American Werewolf in London (1981). Kevin= Friday the 13th (1980). Surname= Frankenstein or Dracula (1930 to present). Eraser= The Invisible Man or Hallow Man (1933) (2000) ties in with Kevin too. Christine= Christine (1983) only because of the 80s theme not for a house. Ok I believe Uni is going for the older monster movie theme this year since the 100th Anniversary is here. Ok tell me what ya think

• Like 1

They could pull a Project Evilution and have half car half human scareactors. It would be a nice tie in with Transformers.

Or, A transformers house! The Decepticons have taken over HHN.

or Zombie Transformers, They could even have a zombie transformer version of the Walking Dead RV

Y4iVZmT.jpg

Edited by LV-426

I might be the only one on this board that has never seen 1 minute of True Blood.... isnt it kinda "Twilighty"? Or am I thinking of something else altogether?

The fact you think TB is anything like twilight is exactly the indicator that tells me you've probably only seen one minute of TB. Try a season or 2...or 5....it's an amazing show. And it's anything but twilight. The things they have in common are vampires, werewolves, and love. But this sh*t is definitely not for the kids.

THIS. This is exactly why I think it has nothing to do with a house being made from Christine. Unfortunately, I think Stephen King might be the red herring here.

THIS THIS THIS THIS

I said it once, but I'll say it again. My name is Christine, so uh duh, it's about me and my horrific adventures in the corrupt, disgustingly hot, deliciously sinful city of insanity known as Miami, Florida. (kidding, of course...jimmy don't take this as an actual guess lol...)

• Like 1

Ifrit's got a new clue.

89dca7d0b33e11e2850422000a1f9a85_7.jpg

"Inspiration can come from familiar places. By contrast, what comes from death-filled spaces."

Stevie Wonder, in the 70's, if I'm not mistaken. I immediately thought of his hit, Superstition. Obviously this is a pic of a youtube video, so I'm trying to see if I can find which it is....

K found it...

Ebony & Ivory - Paul McCartney & Stevie Wonder.

Black and white, duality, good and bad....suggestions welcome! :)

Going along with the opposites of each other idea with good and bad... One's blind one isn't? Maybe alluding to some yin and yang type of icon this year. Edited by Ande

well ebony is a wood that is extremly dense and actually sinks in water, ivory comes from whales or walrus's so comes from the water and its extremly poruse and will float in water....whaling ships were made from wood to hunt whales for many things including ivory....an original house that we get put on a ship of whale hunters?...reminds me a lot of foresaken though