Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

When were they filled last year?

Around the 15th. They should be submitted any day now and will see them as much as two to three days later.

I am curious about... um... house placement :)

• Like 2

I'd say the normal 22, 20A/20B since Creative's probably using 23 still, Disaster, Tent 1/Tent 2, possibly Parade, and then the eighth house. The last location could possibly be a second house in 22, SS21 since TNA is gone, Curious George maybe since they were gonna use it in 06 it's possible to put a house there, but queue lines would be difficult to setup with Tent 2 and Parade entrances right there, or maybe in one of the extended queues of a ride, like Shrek or MIB.

I'd say the normal 22, 20A/20B since Creative's probably using 23 still, Disaster, Tent 1/Tent 2, possibly Parade, and then the eighth house. The last location could possibly be a second house in 22, SS21 since TNA is gone, Curious George maybe since they were gonna use it in 06 it's possible to put a house there, but queue lines would be difficult to setup with Tent 2 and Parade entrances right there, or maybe in one of the extended queues of a ride, like Shrek or MIB.

Right well I figured all the normal places. It's the last one I'm curious to see where they are going to cram it.

When's the last year they are aloud to use sprung tents? Isn't it like next year or the year after? So wouldn't they try now and see how many houses they can put in SS realistically?

I hadn't heard the tents were going away. I can't imagine the SS have enough room for all the houses. Or course with HP coming in 2014 perhaps they have built into it a warehouse that can be used. I know TNA is gone... So I guess they could use it for the 8th house... But the queues are the snag I think. There is only so much room back there and it keeps closing in. Another tent could easily be put back by the floats and staging area... But how do you get people out there?

I know TNA is gone... So I guess they could use it for the 8th house... But the queues are the snag I think. There is only so much room back there and it keeps closing in. Another tent could easily be put back by the floats and staging area... But how do you get people out there?

If they used 22, 20A/20B and 21, they could set the lines for the first 3 up as normal. For 21, it could enter inbetween the Uni store and DM where the side entrance is. Setup 5 rows up and down the street and then go down the street between Rockit and BMG. Setup more rows if necessary between BMG and 21 and enter into 21. Have the exit go to where the rest of the SS's dump out. It could work, i think. They could use the same queue if they put 2 houses in 22 too, unless it was a dual run.

If they were to build another tent (which i don't think they would, since i'd figure it would be under construction/built already), they could have sprung 2's entrance inbetween Kwik-E-Mart and Simpsons if that backstage area is available to be used. Theres enough space in the backstage area and the street in front of the tent to hold a queue. then for the third sprung, have it enter the same way sprung 2 normally does and just have the queue go up the back road further to hold more people.

• Like 1

Assuming that there is going to be atleast one (maybe two) more houses then last year, I think it's going to be amazing having new queue line(s) that are different from the norm!

Getting too excited in the month of May :D

• Like 1

You must explain to me!

I can't get current permits when I parcel search.

Last I checked, they were on BLD permits in the 2013-03325 range. I've just been typing in permit numbers. No, I didn't go through all 3000, but I was tempted.

I'll just explain how I do it. Of course some times they change things.

Go here

For 2006, 2011, and 2012 (I hope 2013) just type "HHN" in the Project name and hit submit,

then a page search (ctrl F) for BLD2013. Of course right now nothing.

If they change the naming scheme again (as they do often) the easiest way is to look by address

1000 UNIVERSAL STUDIOS PZ (I flip it to 200 per page) and scroll page over to practically the end and do the page search again with BLD1013.

This will show you past naming conventions like:

2009 where it was HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS

2002 HALLOWEEN (house name)

2003 a mix of "IOA (House Name)" and "just house name"

etc.

The main wonkyness of this site is that it sort of goes by date and sort of doesn't. For example the last page shows 2010, 11, 12, 13, and 07....

Last year the majority of the permits were sumbitted on the 17th so... could be any time now.

All else fails you can look by Parcel numbers although I only do this as a last ditch thing.

Here are the parcels

• Like 1

Ifrit at it again....

98040528b8bc11e2943422000a9f1416_7.jpg

Text clue reads:

"What they do, what you hear is the basis of what they are. Don't rock the boat and you can see if you truly are a star."

As a personal side note: if this means the return of Alice Cooper...I think I'm going to cry....

Edited by justchristy
  • Like 1

Ifrit at it again....

Text clue reads:

"What they do, what you hear is the basis of what they are. Don't rock the boat and you can see if you truly are a star."

As a personal side note: if this means the return of Alice Cooper...I think I'm going to cry....

I would seriously consider slapping someone really, really hard if AC is back. Please god, no.

Did anyone ever go back to last year and see if Ifrit's clues meant anything anyway? I know the Horror Unearthed thing with the Scrabble tiles was Ifrit.. but other than that, how reliable is he/she? Maybe this has been discussed.. sorry if it has.

• Like 1

I'll just explain how I do it. Of course some times they change things.

Go here

For 2006, 2011, and 2012 (I hope 2013) just type "HHN" in the Project name and hit submit,

then a page search (ctrl F) for BLD2013. Of course right now nothing.

If they change the naming scheme again (as they do often) the easiest way is to look by address

1000 UNIVERSAL STUDIOS PZ (I flip it to 200 per page) and scroll page over to practically the end and do the page search again with BLD1013.

This will show you past naming conventions like:

2009 where it was HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS

2002 HALLOWEEN (house name)

2003 a mix of "IOA (House Name)" and "just house name"

etc.

The main wonkyness of this site is that it sort of goes by date and sort of doesn't. For example the last page shows 2010, 11, 12, 13, and 07....

Last year the majority of the permits were sumbitted on the 17th so... could be any time now.

All else fails you can look by Parcel numbers although I only do this as a last ditch thing.

Here are the parcels

Thanks!

I've kinda gotten the hang of the by permit number search.

I'm actually know which number is being input right now. I think I may stick with it. I've been doing searches daily since the 1st. Nothing yet.

• Like 1

It would, IMO, seem they are pretty accurate judging on the clues they are giving. A bit convoluted in getting to the answers though.

But... I can't figure them out on my own lol so who knows :P

Ifrit at it again....

Text clue reads:

seems too obvious, but this is how that pic fully looks anyway:

dovcKhq.jpg?1

Edited by LV-426

Ifrit at it again....

Text clue reads:

Hmmm what could someone named Alice and STARS possibly have in common lol :P

Alice Cooper is a Hollywood maze...like La Llorona. The Album (Along Comes a Spider) has "Killed By Love" and "I'm Hungry" as songs. La Llorona killed the people she loved in the name of getting somebody to love her, and in the Hollywood maze she eats children.

"What they do, what you hear is the basis of what they are."

La Llorona is a way of telling kids what to do. If you don't behave La Llorona is gonna get you etc. You hear the sound of her weeping, which defines her.

" Don't rock the boat and you can see if you truly are a star."

Don't rock the boat=again referring to behavior. Star=Sun=Son.

Hmmm what could someone named Alice and STARS possibly have in common lol :P

*runs off to ask a raccoon*

Mermaids? Splash!!! Room full of wet people?

How about a window showing a room of people in water? Like a giant fish tank full of people!!!!

Edited by mystiquephreeq
  • Like 3