Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Speculation/Predictions

I realize that Insidious 2 is coming out, but don't you feel like it's kinda too late for it to be a maze?

I mean, if Insidious 2 sucks, they're kind of screwed. Lol. And if they use environments from the first one, it just wouldn't fit as well since they took so long to make it happen.

Idk, maybe that's just my own opinion 'cause, hypocritically, I'd go crazy if they did Trick 'r Treat. :P

On a side note, I find it very kool that people are still using my signatures. :o

I'm not even active here anymore.

Thanks, guys! :D (Btw, I'll still make more if anyone wants one)

Well it's only been 2 years since it came out and it did make a domestic total gross of $54,009,150. Since it did well financially and is known by a lot of people, when the sequel comes out it'll just be known even more lol. So it's definitely not too late, at all.

And yes your sigs are awesome, thanks again! haha

Edited by shark23
  • Like 1

Hey everyone, hit up Jhn's twitter tonight! He posted this earlier today : "New year...think its time for a give-a-way\contest....haven't done one in a while. Maybe tonight? All in favor say aye...."

All following posts seem to point that he is indeed going to go ahead with a give-a-way contest. Now I'm just wondering what time tonight!

I don't know why Cabin in the Woods Terror Tram has become "a thing" around here. It has every possibility, and probably more of a possibility, to be a maze instead of a Terror Tram.

I forgot about Halloween. I totally think it's possible Michael Myers returns as our slasher maze of the year.

Walking Dead - Zombies, Survival, Intense

Alice Cooper - Rock N Roll, Gross Out, Spooky

Insidious - Supernatural, Dark, Classical

Halloween - Slasher, Bloody

The Exorcist - Supernatural, Dark, Classical

UH OHHH. Two things are conflictinnnnnnnng

I don't know why Cabin in the Woods Terror Tram has become "a thing" around here. It has every possibility, and probably more of a possibility, to be a maze instead of a Terror Tram.

I forgot about Halloween. I totally think it's possible Michael Myers returns as our slasher maze of the year.

Walking Dead - Zombies, Survival, Intense

Alice Cooper - Rock N Roll, Gross Out, Spooky

Insidious - Supernatural, Dark, Classical

Halloween - Slasher, Bloody

The Exorcist - Supernatural, Dark, Classical

UH OHHH. Two things are conflictinnnnnnnng

Cabin In The Woods came out last year. I don't why people think it's going to be Terror Tram? But it's not a bad idea. I prefer Jeepers Creepers any day though.

So this is going to be HHN 2013?

The Walking Dead: Repeat Theme/Season 3 ... Alright

Alice Cooper III... Pretty good

Insidious... wack

Halloween returns since 2009... I'm Okay with this

The Exorcist... Interesting

What else though?

But really. What's going to be the terror tram?

Cabin In The Woods? Jeepers Creepers (I wish)?

Edited by StraightEdge

^ If I recall, the only movies that were speculated as AMOK was Alien and American Werewolf in London. Myself I'm leaning towards AWiL due to this fact, Orlando was planning to have a AWiL house/maze...though it got shelved due to having Silent Hill dropped on them at the last minute. Since AMOK was dropped at the last minute, could it possibly be that both parks were planning to have a AWiL house the same year a la' The Thing, but AMOK was dropped due to Orlando not being about to do their AWiL house due to Silent Hill being forced on them?

I heard John say that whatever AMOK was was going to be dual parks as well. Can you find more info about this AWiL rumor?

Also, Food for Thought, How old was Hostel when a maze was made in it's honor? Or HOTC? 2 years is nothing. haha

UPDATE: He's doing it again. giving clues in his random photos.

Look closely at the prize photo here.

The page next to him says something.

https://twitter.com/HorrorNights/status/290288668923535360/photo/1

"TEN EEL

CHARLES D"

Darwin maybe?

Edited by DireBrian

I will pretend with all my heart that maze does exist even if I have to rip that section off my park map.

AGREE! SAME HERE! Lol jk. I would go in every maze but Insidious isn't just a horror film/franchise like Friday the 13th or Halloween so it doesn't belong at HHN. It sounds interesting though.

DISAGREE! Slenderman is more to an internet meme. It's an urban legend NOW. It's like La Llorana. It's HHN Material. Enough Said. Idgaf what anyone says. LOL i really just want to see this at HHN.

Really Could it be Cabin In The Wood? a 2012 film that I heard wasn't that scary. Jeepers Creepers? Flying scareactors at the Studio Tour and Murdy decides to just work with JC already. Resident Evil for Terror Tram? I dont know much bout RE. All i know it's zombies and bla bla bla. But ya. Someone said something about "Umbrella Corporation" would fit the Terror Tram.

AGREE! SAME HERE! Lol jk. I would go in every maze but Insidious isn't just a horror film/franchise like Friday the 13th or Halloween so it doesn't belong at HHN. It sounds interesting though.

The reason you don't want insidious... Is because it's not a franchise? Is that seriously your reasoning ton not go in an insidious maze?
  • Like 1

I heard John say that whatever AMOK was was going to be dual parks as well. Can you find more info about this AWiL rumor?

Also, Food for Thought, How old was Hostel when a maze was made in it's honor? Or HOTC? 2 years is nothing. haha

UPDATE: He's doing it again. giving clues in his random photos.

Look closely at the prize photo here.

The page next to him says something.

https://twitter.com/HorrorNights/status/290288668923535360/photo/1

"TEN EEL

CHARLES D"

Darwin maybe?

I just got the Charles d part lol. It's Lewis carrol's (the author of Alice in wonderland) initials of his real name Charles dodgeson, and the card was the queen of hearts.

You heard John say AMOK was going to be dual parks? Well let's take a look at the other facts.

- It's fully known that Orlando was going to have a AWiL house last year, and that it was going to be a soundstage house.

- However with TWD, Silent Hill and Alice Cooper being dropped on Orlando at the last minute, the AWiL house was shelved with Silent Hill taking it's place.

- AMOK was a last minute change.

With your statement from John Murdy that AMOK was to be dual parks, I'm fairly confident that it's AWiL. If AWiL is a dual park house/maze, it would make sense why AMOK had to be removed at the last minute...because Orlando had to shelve theirs! They want to put it out at the same time, though if one park had to push it back, then the other park had to do the same thing.

^ ok I'm just wondering how we know Orlando was planning on have a AWiL maze? Call me crazy, but the first I heard of it was Hollywood people saying it... looking back at the Orlando threads, I can't find anything... Am I just missing something? Could be, there is a ton of stuff from last year on Orlando's forums lol

DISAGREE! Slenderman is more to an internet meme. It's an urban legend NOW. It's like La Llorana. It's HHN Material. Enough Said. Idgaf what anyone says. LOL i really just want to see this at HHN

Ok, please people, we need to drop the Slenderman stuff. John has said it's not going to happen! Push it all you want, it's not going to change anything. So drop the subject!!!

And no, Slenderman is not an urban legend, its a Internet meme that the vast amount of people in the world have never even heard of. Keep deluding yourself into thinking its far more important than it really is, doesn't change simple facts you seem to want to ignore. And do not compare Slenderman too La Llorona. La Llorona is a legend that has been around for over 500 years! Slenderman was started by some stupid kids with keys boards and too much time on there hands a few years ago. There is absolutely no comparison.

Edited by Stitch_101

^ ok I'm just wondering how we know Orlando was planning on have a AWiL maze? Call me crazy, but the first I heard of it was Hollywood people saying it... looking back at the Orlando threads, I can't find anything... Am I just missing something? Could be, there is a ton of stuff from last year on Orlando's forums lol.

There have been multiple people with reliable scources who've pointed it out. The earliest I can recall is when Dr. Jimmy posted a video of him giving 7 Cryptic Statements which were hints for all the houses. Though he had to deleate that video and make a revised version since two of the hints were no longer applicant, mainly since AWiL was shelved as well as the Chubacabra house due to it's venue (Xena building) being demolished for Transformers.

The original #2 cryptic statement was "I Drink Dr. Pepper and I'm Proud." Which pointed to a AWiL house since David (The actor, not the character...David) was in a Dr. Pepper commerical with a catchy jingle.

Dr. Jimmy later posted a video explaining all the cryptic statements, including the two statements which were for a AWiL house and a Chubacabra house.

Considering he and several others have mentioned this, it's known that Orlando was certainly planning on doing a AWiL house last year.

Also, on page 4 of Orlando's current wishful thinking thread, the mention of a AWiL house has popped up several times. First with JWFearman thinking that the scrapped houses (AWiL and Chubacabra) may see the light of day, and farther down the same page Legacy mentions he firmly believes AWiL will show up. He also mentions it's fully developed and both coasts seem to have plans for it. Knowing what's been said about AMOK and that it was planned dual park, it's looking more clear AWiL is the case.

Oh no, John is being carny again the maze line up he has planned is

Jawz: Bloody Waters

Justin Beiber: Apocalypse 3D

Trey Songz: Bad Acting

Hello Kitty: Death Paws

Universal Monster Remix: Gangnam Style

Minecraft: Building Fear

Lol jk :P

AMOK is probably AWiL which would be awesome! But did John confirm that AMOK will be used this year?

• Like 1

I want to see a maze that has something do with extraterrestials. Ridley Scott's Alien would be nice but a maze with an Area 51 theme would be great. I know they had mazes titled "Area 51" in USH HHN early years. Also a maze with a theme of "A circus gone wild." Maybe Klownz?

"Klownz: Krazy Kircuz"

Lol, has a nice ring to it.

I want to see a maze that has something do with extraterrestials. Ridley Scott's Alien would be nice but a maze with an Area 51 theme would be great. I know they had mazes titled "Area 51" in USH HHN early years. Also a maze with a theme of "A circus gone wild." Maybe Klownz?

You got me there. LOL but yah speaking of "Killer Klownz from Outer Space" that would make a great maze. I wonder how it would work in a Terror Tram though. That would be interesting. Everyone tweet Murdy about the movie! aha

Especially with the KKK initials...
  • Like 2

DISAGREE! Slenderman is more to an internet meme. It's an urban legend NOW. It's like La Llorana. It's HHN Material. Enough Said. Idgaf what anyone says. LOL i really just want to see this at HHN.

Really Could it be Cabin In The Wood? a 2012 film that I heard wasn't that scary. Jeepers Creepers? Flying scareactors at the Studio Tour and Murdy decides to just work with JC already. Resident Evil for Terror Tram? I dont know much bout RE. All i know it's zombies and bla bla bla. But ya. Someone said something about "Umbrella Corporation" would fit the Terror Tram.

Slenderman is far from an urban legend Urban legends are myths or story that have an existing story or eyewittness to support as evidence, Slenderman was made up either/both Marble Hornets/Creepy Pasta he has no backstory or sighting because he's a meme! La Llorona is an actual Urban Legend with history and here when you google/Bing Slenderman:

"Slenderman or Slender Man is a creepypasta meme Mimicking urban-legends and fakelore tales. Created on June 8, 2009 by user Victor Surge on Something Awful as part of a contest to edit photographs to contain "supernatural" entities and then pass them off as legitimate on paranormal forums"

that and JC those are not gonna happen so we should drop them at least from spec

You have no idea how the Terror Tram works do you? but Killer Klowns From Outer Space was already part of the Terror Tram in 07

O___O creepy Alice in wonderland!!!!!!!!!!! my hope in this year is restored xD ever since Orlando had Asylum in Wonderland I always wanted a twisted AIWL maze

^Orlando has also featured Alice in Wonderland in their Scary Tales houses... complete with Alice weilding a chainsaw... of course in the 3rd ST house, Alice was on the Mad Hatter's table playing with the White Rabbit's intestines...

StraightEdge, you REALLY need to do a lot more research or at least attend HHN, because you're really throwing off speculation with some of the stuff you're saying. Especially with the reiteration of some topics we've said are practically dead by now, we just keep going in circles. No offense, it's just this board somehow ends up talking about whether Slenderman and Jeepers Creepers has chances or not. Those are just two things -- as there's been several other "what in the hell?" properties you've mentioned that would never ever happen. TRUST US when we say NEITHER OF THEM are ever going to happen and there's literally no point to argue that. Some of us have been doing speculation for years, and every year we get at least 80% of the mazes right, and the other 20% is a wild card that we don't catch accurately because a) it's a repeat when we didn't expect one or B) it's an original creation when we didn't expect one. Now since you can't just go to HHN today to see how it is, I urge you to do a bunch more research. Here's some things you should look up AND understand:

- the history. Know the difference between the pre-hiatus and post-hiatus. Understand why it went on hiatus to begin with.

- content choosing. Know the criteria Murdy uses to select his mazes, how some rules have been broken before and understand what were the consequences or payoffs from breaking those rules, and how sometimes breaking those rules were actually abiding to the criteria (examples: HOTC, Alice Cooper)

- operations. Knowing how the event works behind the scenes is a big part of doing speculation. the politics behind working with Universal execs and usage of the backlot. Knowing how scareactors, make up, and construction crews all work.

- design. HHN has a specific look to their mazes. The quality is top notch. Watch videos of previous mazes, of the scarezones, the Terror Tram, etc.. Figure out what designs would work with HHN. Also pay attention to scare design, make up design, set design, maze layouts, park layout, etc. Design is also important by what environments work in mazes. They have to be pre-existing or if original, be able to be created and pulled off with great execution.

- popularity. Everything at HHN has a popular following. By popular, we mean "not just a fad," "not just what your high school is talking about" and "not just what your circle of friends know and love." It has to be popular, commercial success and different media platforms to show its success. This is one of the main areas Slenderman fails.

- the process. Know how something comes from conception, to campaigning, to studio talks, to design, to construction, to hiring, to rehearsals, to run throughs and how things change from opening night all the way down to the final night.

- the team. Murdy isn't just one man who creates the event. There's set decorators, prop masters, make up crews, wardrobe crews, art designers, managers for each maze, etc..

You're not the only one who's joined and have never gone, nor the only one to have made similar mistakes in the speculation stages, but make more of an effort to try and know what you're talking about so when you speculate, it'll come from a good place instead of a random one. Right now you have a Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark as your freakin signature as if it's possible speculation. No, just no. Not happening. Not even worth making a video of, or even posting. Especially this early in the stages of speculation. There's nothing to even warrant that as speculation. That's pure wishful thinking, and bad wishful thinking at that to even be considered as an HHN property. Not tryin to bag on you, I just wanna tell ya like it is in the most blunt way possible so you can understand. Maybe it's not driving everyone as nuts as it is me, and it's just silly speculation, but we need you on your game! If you're gonna speculate here with us, get on board and make a true effort so you can help us figure out these dang mazes. And please understand the importance Terror Tram has and they don't just pick random things out of a hat and throw them there. It's the heart and soul of the event, as you once said and already know, so picking the Terror Tram is the most important thing so it's not gonna be solely dedicated to Killer Klowns From Outer Space. Also understand that some years, it's not all based on one theme. Hopefully your skills improve and maybe YOU will be the first to speculate something correctly with some decent shred of evidence and we'll all love you. But right now man, you're really draggin things down! But we love you, want you to stay, and help us, but get it together!

• Like 6