Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Speculation/Predictions

This is a tad of a stretch, but they could have the new show have make-shift seating and sets so that they can be taken apart for a house during HHN. They can build the house off-site and then reassemble it just a few weeks before the event and have the show up in time for the Christmas break rush.

They could just make the bleachers retractable, which would be the easiest solution and would be less expensive in the long run and less labor. For anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about, watch The Faculty haha. Basically, the bleachers could fold upward and pull back to make a wall, with each row down going further out than the last to create a stadium.

Welcome back, Dire.

I don't think there's much room to expand on the lower lot! Any which way, it's pushing onto studio grounds. The upper lot seems to have all sorts of secret little passageways, nooks and crannies that I think we should take full advantage of.

... shore.

http://www.snapsurveys.com/swh/surveylogin.asp?k=134869217620&i=13B0BA07484A4085DC1DDC0B8C3B5BFCCE924705FAD232B739D22FE34D1C That was the link but when I clicked on it just now it said "this survey is now closed"... Damn. But I remember (I received the survey November 5th) it asking about park size, favorite maze, music I like, television shows I like, movies I like, and then an icon, kind of like the surveys from the year before....
Did you do the HHN VIP Experience? I did the HHN VIP Halloween night, and a few days later for an email with a similar survey. I'd say 70% of it was more about the park and the VIP services and extras, but there was a good 3-4 pages about the mazes, terror tram, and Scarezones, asking you to rate them and pick your favorites. There was also a comment area talk about things you'd like to see in the future.

If they lose the WWW venue, they'll certainly make up for it with a new venue. Due to the size of the park they cannot scale back in number of mazes.

As others have said, Despicable Me will probably be open for HHN. The more shows and rides availible to divert the crowds, the better.

As for mazes, I'm fairly certain TWD will return, not just due to how last year's was recieved, but also the fun potential with the 3rd season. We also know Murdy would like to have a trilogy with AC, so I also wouldn't be surprised if we see one more.

I'd also like to see a American Werewolf in London maze, it's one of my favorites and I'd like to see more werewolf mazes in any haunt, period.

Finally, TCM. If they decide to do a maze based off of TCM:3D, I'll just say this...total waste of a venue. A film that mind-numbingly stupid should never be granted a maze.

Guys, even if they DO add Despicable Me to HHN, what else can they do to divert crowds? I have a feeling that this will literally change nothing. Somehow, they need to find a place to not only put the 5th and 6th mazes (As T2 and WWW venues probably won't be used), but also a 7th maze. This STILL won't be enough, but it WILL help. So what else can they do? I have an idea, limit the amount of Front of the Line passes given out AND the number of General Admission passes significantly. Remember when we could walk through a scarezone and not have to worry about line lengths? Remember when the streets were empty and the lines were short? You felt like you had the park almost all to yourself. Then this year, well, I don't have to tell ou what happened, but it was chaos. So much in fact, that this was the first year, even being the first in line on a Sunday, to miss a maze... the updated La Llorona. Universal is greedy and wants the park to be full capacity at all points. They really need to lower their definition of full capacity. Well, that's my rant. Seriously Universal, this was the first year I actually seriously considered going to Knott's instead for 2013... prove me wrong.

Guys, even if they DO add Despicable Me to HHN, what else can they do to divert crowds? I have a feeling that this will literally change nothing. Somehow, they need to find a place to not only put the 5th and 6th mazes (As T2 and WWW venues probably won't be used), but also a 7th maze. This STILL won't be enough, but it WILL help. So what else can they do? I have an idea, limit the amount of Front of the Line passes given out AND the number of General Admission passes significantly. Remember when we could walk through a scarezone and not have to worry about line lengths? Remember when the streets were empty and the lines were short? You felt like you had the park almost all to yourself. Then this year, well, I don't have to tell ou what happened, but it was chaos. So much in fact, that this was the first year, even being the first in line on a Sunday, to miss a maze... the updated La Llorona. Universal is greedy and wants the park to be full capacity at all points. They really need to lower their definition of full capacity. Well, that's my rant. Seriously Universal, this was the first year I actually seriously considered going to Knott's instead for 2013... prove me wrong.

You do not know how many non-fans I know of who went and HATED it just because they spent their entire time waiting in long lines. Some I knew went and said that it sucked because they only got to do one house. They need to up capacity BADLY. I think having one or two new shows will help significantly. Adding Despicable Me as a ride should help as well, but I don't think it will do that much, but will be better than nothing.

Adding a seventh house would REALLY help, but I don't want the quality to be spread too thin; also, like I said earlier, there just isn't enough space to do this right now with a new ride opening in a house venue, Potter construction, and project in the Wild West arena.Maybe 2014 we will see a seventh house.

Funny, we all though during 2012 speculation that Transformers would really help eat up the crowds. It did, but that didn't seem to help much.

Witchez Motorbike Ztunt Zpectacular!
  • Like 2

^ I thought John said the Terminator queue wasn't going to be lost for this year, even with it becoming Despicable Me... Am I remembering that right? I probably wrong on that one, its just for some reason I remember reading something like that.... Probably read it wrong lmao

Did you do the HHN VIP Experience? I did the HHN VIP Halloween night, and a few days later for an email with a similar survey. I'd say 70% of it was more about the park and the VIP services and extras, but there was a good 3-4 pages about the mazes, terror tram, and Scarezones, asking you to rate them and pick your favorites. There was also a comment area talk about things you'd like to see in the future.

Yes I think that may be it. Honestly I can't remember if I did VIP haha. But like you said there was some stuff about mazes and future things. I say Evil Dead for the win. I'm not big on remakes but the new one coming out looks awesome.

Don't worry DTH316, John has said on Twitter that HHN is here to stay :)

But as we all know, John's a carny. Hard to tell what's right, what's left and what is the truth in front of our noses.

Anyways, whatever happens...happens. Orlando was able to chug along even with all the last minute changes and construction they had to deal with. Chances are Hollywood will have a year where they'll have to deal with that kind of situation as well.

You do not know how many non-fans I know of who went and HATED it just because they spent their entire time waiting in long lines. Some I knew went and said that it sucked because they only got to do one house. They need to up capacity BADLY.

I know what you're saying. But what I meant was, get more room to put people AND lower the amount of people allowed in the event. So technically they should up the capacity but allow significantly less people inside.

But as we all know, John's a carny. Hard to tell what's right, what's left and what is the truth in front of our noses.

Anyways, whatever happens...happens. Orlando was able to chug along even with all the last minute changes and construction they had to deal with. Chances are Hollywood will have a year where they'll have to deal with that kind of situation as well.

I really think John would be carny with something this serious. Hopefully I'm right I'm getting kind of nervous

Hope everyone here had a safe and happy holiday season! As FDR quoted (or was it a HHN tagline) "The only thing we have to fear...is fear itself". With an ongoing successful formula and revenue stream, I doubt that Universal would do anything that would drasitically change HHN. Even though John Murdy likes to "carny", I don't think he would play games with us regarding business practices or elimination of the event. Lastly, life would not be complete unless we had a sequel house to last years TCM :leatherface::D !

Come on now. I don't want three repeat mazes -.- TCM again? The Walking Dead again? Alice Cooper? The only one I'm okay with is Alice Cooper. But The Walking Dead? Yah sure Season 3 would be nice but there's way more other franchises you can use that has zombies in it: Resident Evil, Left 4 Dead, 28 Days Later, Call Of Duty: Nazi Zombies. The list goes on

^ Firstly, dont confuse repeat maze themes with repeat mazes. Alice Cooper and La Llorona were both repeate themes last year, but the mazes were either completely new as with Alice, or drastically altered and added onto as with La Llorona. I think we can be almost certain they won't have 3 repeat maze themes this year. The "TCM" maze last year was a last minute replacement maze, and seeing how much the franchise has been used, I doubt we will see it again... At least for while. The only maze themes that have a real shot of repeating are Alice Cooper and The Walking Dead. I personally would rather not see Alice Cooper again, 3 years is pushing it for repeating the theme, but I could see it working if they choose to do it stylistically drastically different from the last 2 years. The Walking Dead has the best chance of coming back IMO... The show has exploded in popularity this year and is now one of the most watched shows on tv. Being one of the most visably popular horror franchise out there today, it would be rather stupid for the team not to continue to draw from that popularity. TWD was a massive drawn for HHN last year.

On another note, most of those franchise you listed are video game franchises. If anything we have read about Silent Hill last year turn out to be true, don't expect to see any mazes based on video games for a long while. According to others, John has said the Silent Hill wasn't well received because the knowledge of the brand wasn't very strong among guests. That's an issue because Silent Hill ranks with Resident Evil as one of the most popular and well known horror video game franchises out there. I think this could prove that just because something is big and popular within a core group (like Silent Hill with gamers) it doesn't mean it will translate over and be recognized as by a wider audience.

Edited by Stitch_101

On another note, most of those franchise you listed are video game franchises. If anything we have read about Silent Hill last year turn out to be true, don't expect to see any mazes based on video games for a long while. According to others, John has said the Silent Hill wasn't well received because the knowledge of the brand wasn't very strong among guests. That's an issue because Silent Hill ranks with Resident Evil as one of the most popular and well known horror video game franchises out there. I think this could prove that just because something is big and popular within a core group (like Silent Hill with gamers) it doesn't mean it will translate over and be recognized as by a wider audience.

One thing is that Resident Evil is THE MOST POPULAR HORROR VIDEO GAME FRANCHISE OUT THERE. it is not Silent Hill popular it is way more popular I would dare to say Resident Evil ranks up with the horror masters such as the big 3 saw and Hallowee

One thing is that Resident Evil is THE MOST POPULAR HORROR VIDEO GAME FRANCHISE OUT THERE. it is not Silent Hill popular it is way more popular I would dare to say Resident Evil ranks up with the horror masters such as the big 3 saw and Hallowee

Saying that Resident Evil ranks with Nightmare, Friday and Halloween is just wrong on so many levels. The movies, while mildly popular, are pretty much terrible, and more importantly, not scary! They play off as bad action movies with splashes of horror thrown in. Now the games are fun, but are far from high art. They owe their success to George Romero and others who paved the way in the horror industry...with movies like Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th and Halloween doing the paving.

I will concede though that Resident Evil seemed to be a big hit in Japan last year, but it was based souly on the video games and the Japanese popularity when it comes to Resident Evil, or video games in general is far more pronounced then here in the US.

Edited by Stitch_101

Come on now. I don't want three repeat mazes -.- TCM again? The Walking Dead again? Alice Cooper? The only one I'm okay with is Alice Cooper. But The Walking Dead? Yah sure Season 3 would be nice but there's way more other franchises you can use that has zombies in it: Resident Evil, Left 4 Dead, 28 Days Later, Call Of Duty: Nazi Zombies. The list goes on

you did not call "Call of Duty: Zombies" a Zombie franchise -___- adding to what stitch said COD:Z is a mini game in a Game that A has no substance and B is pretty a rip off of Left 4 Dead sure its fun to play and for f**k sakes I bought COD Black Ops II mostly for zombies but how would anybody with a sense of good story telling even consider COD: Zombies for a maze. dont mean to be rude this is just all my Film school learning acting up

Saying that Resident Evil ranks with Nightmare, Friday and Halloween is just wrong on so many levels. The movies, while mildly popular, are pretty much terrible, and more importantly, not scary! They play off as bad action movies with splashes of horror thrown in. Now the games are fun, but are far from high art. They owe their success to George Romero and others who paved the way in the horror industry...with movies like Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th and Halloween doing the paving.

I will concede though that Resident Evil seemed to be a big hit in Japan last year, but it was based souly on the video games and the Japanese popularity when it comes to Resident Evil, or video games in general is far more pronounced then here in the US.

What I mean by that I'd that people know RE as well as those franchises

you did not call "Call of Duty: Zombies" a Zombie franchise -___- adding to what stitch said COD:Z is a mini game in a Game that A has no substance and B is pretty a rip off of Left 4 Dead sure its fun to play and for f**k sakes I bought COD Black Ops II mostly for zombies but how would anybody with a sense of good story telling even consider COD: Zombies for a maze. dont mean to be rude this is just all my Film school learning acting up

One time someone tweeted Murdy about Call of Duty: Zombies, he said it's a popular franchise but it's not associated with horror. Well we all know, No matter what it is; Murdy can make it into a hard scary "piss your pants" type of maze.

Well, for me. I would kill to see this be brought to life.

1657940-kino_der_toten.jpgBlack_Ops_Kino_der_Toten_Theater.jpg

I totally agree with you grind Cod:Z is not actually a franchise it's a mini game. about the story only a few amount of people understand it as it is hidden. it does have strong sets but just don't see it happening in some parts like zombie the ones in waw and bo1 it can be offensive to Jews because of the Nazis. it just won't happen and I kind of don't want to see it :(

• Like 1