Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Speculation/Predictions

Come on now. I don't want three repeat mazes -.- TCM again? The Walking Dead again? Alice Cooper? The only one I'm okay with is Alice Cooper. But The Walking Dead? Yah sure Season 3 would be nice but there's way more other franchises you can use that has zombies in it: Resident Evil, Left 4 Dead, 28 Days Later, Call Of Duty: Nazi Zombies. The list goes on

I was half-joking since several people (including our mods) did not find any redeeming value for the return of TCM. Personally, I thought TCM was an awesome maze and stayed strong through multiple walkthroughs. I missed the "Big 3" since I started attending in 2009 so it was a thrill to be immersed in that property; I just have a fresher take on TCM and could see a sequel maze especially since the new film came out. Highly unlikely since the other "Big 3" properties were featured in whatever form about three times since 2007.

Have to agree with the video game issue. Although I could see a "gamer" scare zone, where multiple properties could be featured and rotated throughout the night. It looks like Singapore had some interesting visuals with their version of Resident Evil (or whatever game their scarezone was based on).

Edited by AsylumSB

One time someone tweeted Murdy about Call of Duty: Zombies, he said it's a popular franchise but it's not associated with horror. Well we all know, No matter what it is; Murdy can make it into a hard scary "piss your pants" type of maze.

well first off its not just about making it scary its about telling a story if a maze consisted of one room full of zombie coming from four windows no matter how scary it was I would still think it sucks!

On another note, most of those franchise you listed are video game franchises. If anything we have read about Silent Hill last year turn out to be true, don't expect to see any mazes based on video games for a long while. According to others, John has said the Silent Hill wasn't well received because the knowledge of the brand wasn't very strong among guests. That's an issue because Silent Hill ranks with Resident Evil as one of the most popular and well known horror video game franchises out there. I think this could prove that just because something is big and popular within a core group (like Silent Hill with gamers) it doesn't mean it will translate over and be recognized as by a wider audience.

Also a franchise doesn't have to be well known to be popular. For example less people knee AC or la llorona then silent hill and in 2011 they were top 2. La llorona was still popular last year!

Also a franchise doesn't have to be well known to be popular. For example less people knee AC or la llorona then silent hill and in 2011 they were top 2. La llorona was still popular last year!

Less people knew about Alice Cooper then Silent Hill? Alice Cooper is a huge rock star that has been performing sense 1963 and has had huge hits like School's Out that people today still love. Alice Cooper has far more brand recognition than Silent Hill. And, as I have stated before, La Llorona is a VERY well known urban legend among Latinos. Being in SoCal, where there is a huge Latino population and influence on culture, I think your drastically underestimating how well known it is in the area.

Edited by Stitch_101

Yeah, the event has shown time and time again that repeats are going to happen. As I said before, TWD and AC are probably coming back.

Now it's perfectly fine hoping for a certain theme to not repeat, case in point I think most of us don't want TCM returning this year. Too add what I said on a TCM return as TCM:3D would be a total waste of a venue....consider this. Since the kills in that film were taken from other TCM films, all HHN needs to do is reuse what they've done before in previous TCM mazes and presto, TCM:3D - The maze. Once again, total waste of a venue if they do that.

Unless they go the Kill, Jason, Kill route and add in all original deaths.

If they take it as a regular TCM/Leatherface maze, I can see them going the Kill, Jason, Kill path with original deaths. However it they take it as a TCM:3D maze, then I don't see original deaths happening since they're narrowed in on a specific film.

If they take it as a regular TCM/Leatherface maze, I can see them going the Kill, Jason, Kill path with original deaths. However it they take it as a TCM:3D maze, then I don't see original deaths happening since they're narrowed in on a specific film.

TCM 3D was a horrible movie, if they bring it back again I'll just cry myself to sleep. Lmao

I doubt John would bring it back again since we've had Leatherface in Hollywood 3 times already.

^^ Would concede that TCM would most likely not return to the event, however I do believe a sequel house could be done by adding carnival and slaughterhouse scenes (via Silent Hill, TCM, and Saw "leftovers"). Add in a burning Sawyer house scene along with TCM:SIL favorites......good to go!

(sorry, original post started on smartphone but apparently requires a "smart user"). Ha!

Edited by AsylumSB

I don't think we should rule tcm out because of the number of times its been done. There's always a first for everything and I think its entirely possible tcm could be the first property done 4 times. tcm 3d has proved to be somewhat of a hit, there's actually a lot of environments they can use, they have ties with the saw guys as an already built in relationship AND tobe hooper, it'd be cheap to make to just reuse props, sets and costumes, and it'd satisfy a lot of newbies who are asking for leatherface to return. I'm gonna go ahead and get comfortable with the idea since it actually seems very possible to me

I don't think we should rule tcm out because of the number of times its been done. There's always a first for everything and I think its entirely possible tcm could be the first property done 4 times. tcm 3d has proved to be somewhat of a hit, there's actually a lot of environments they can use, they have ties with the saw guys as an already built in relationship AND tobe hooper, it'd be cheap to make to just reuse props, sets and costumes, and it'd satisfy a lot of newbies who are asking for leatherface to return. I'm gonna go ahead and get comfortable with the idea since it actually seems very possible to me

I am strongly in favor of TCM returning , however, the formula appears to be against the property. What takes it over the top for me is the use of TCM as a last minute property and the multiple variations of the property similar to NOES and F13th.

uhhhhhhh? TC3D (btw they dropped Massacre out of the title which just adds to what im gonna say) was a hit? every review I see it for it just says how terrible it came out.

uhhhhhhh? TC3D (btw they dropped Massacre out of the title which just adds to what im gonna say) was a hit? every review I see it for it just says how terrible it came out.

It sucked but was still #1 at the box office. But please don't bring it back!

• Like 2

Sure, there were many bad reviews for the film. Guess what, the "experts" also crapped on every TCM film except the original. And most of our beloved horror icons were widely panned in reviews. In some ways Grindhouse, film studios paint themselves into a corner trying to reimage a classic horror icon knowing that they will get hell for it from fans, but earn enough money to continue the brand. As part of the generation that grew up with "bad" indie and mainstream horror films, I am happy to say that without them, the horror genre would not exist as it is today. I encourage you to see the film, warts and all. B)

.......and in honor (or horror) of my 200th post, Mr. HHN noted that TC(M)3D did indeed hit number #1 at the box office, beating out hairy-footed muchkins and the miserable singing unhappy people movie. While I do not have the link readily available, Lionsgate noted they have already greelit a TC(M) sequel with plans for "six more entries" in the future. :zombie_attack:

• Like 1

I'm still holding out for John to throw us a bone lol! No survey to discuss over this time around... Oh well, if things follow last years time line, code names could start in about a month. While I'm sure things could go drastically different, one can at least hope :-P

Edited by Stitch_101

Sure, there were many bad reviews for the film. Guess what, the "experts" also crapped on every TCM film except the original. And most of our beloved horror icons were widely panned in reviews. In some ways Grindhouse, film studios paint themselves into a corner trying to reimage a classic horror icon knowing that they will get hell for it from fans, but earn enough money to continue the brand. As part of the generation that grew up with "bad" indie and mainstream horror films.

You do know Leatherface is about mainstream as you can get with Horror (espeacialy since they have Trey Songz in it) from the reviews I heard it shit all over the original and remakes.

TC3D (buahaha) will end it's theatrical run with at least $35 mill domestic, and who knows how much worldwide.

Believe it or not, that's huge for an R rated horror movies these days.

You have to remember, the 3D prices are part of the fairly high gross. Remember My Bloody Valentine?

^ this is true... I'll be interested to see the actual ticket's sold number after the run is over... That will be the biggest test of how well it does against the other films, when you take into consideration 3D prices and the inflation of ticket prices. Like for instance, according to Box Office Mojo, adjusted for inflation and based on the number of tickets sold, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake would have made 103 million at the US box office when in 2003 it made 80 million.

This doesn't take away from TC3D's success... With the mediocre performance of a lot of horror movies over the last year, with a few exceptions (The Devil Inside... I'm still shocked at how well it did in theaters. It was terrible!) as well as its own companies expectations (they expected an opening weekend of around 14 million) TC3D is doing very well for itself.

Edited by Stitch_101