Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Speculation/Predictions

Yeah, he kinda knew that off the cuff a bit too well.

Sorry Grind, Insidious is coming lmao

Walking Dead 2, Insidious, Alice Cooper 3. That's a pretty diverse line up so far.

I'm hoping 2013 is like 2011 in terms of variety, but hopefully the mazes will be more kick ass and intense.

I remember being very disappointed with so much on the plate in 2011 and barely anything being all that great aside from La Llorona and The Thing.

Same here, in 2011 I enjoyed 2 mazes a lot more than the rest- The Thing & Alice Cooper.

I'm gonna throw one other property into the mix that I think will appear (gut feeling/ hoping for it lol) - American Horror Story ( I would love to be Bloody Face haha) .

If it's The Walking Dead, AHS, Alice Cooper (hopefully darker and not 3D) and Insidious, and whatever other properties, I'd be happy. :D

Edited by shark23

My Best Guesses Are:

Walking Dead - 99% (Hit maze, new concepts for 2013. It's a given)

Alice Cooper - 75%

*When I met with John, he had told me that he didn't know if Uni would allow Alice to return,
but if they did he had already had an idea for what he would do the third time around.

Insidious - 45%

* Blumhouse is now a competitor with the Blumhouse attraction in Hollywood, who knows if they'll give up the rights?

Texas Chainsaw 3D - 60%

Box office results don't lie, and Uni. management will sway HHN, I'm sure.

* Also, this may be the 3D attraction for this year at HHN.

That's all I can assess for now.

Texas Chainsaw 3D - 60%

John said that TC3D wouldn't be the 3D maze because the 3D they use is colourful and TC is more dark and not colorful at all.

My Best Guesses Are:

Walking Dead - 99% (Hit maze, new concepts for 2013. It's a given)

Alice Cooper - 75%

*When I met with John, he had told me that he didn't know if Uni would allow Alice to return,

but if they did he had already had an idea for what he would do the third time around.

Insidious - 45%

* Blumhouse is now a competitor with the Blumhouse attraction in Hollywood, who knows if they'll give up the rights?

Texas Chainsaw 3D - 60%

Well just 2 things. Firstly, while Blumhouse has its own haunt, it's not based on their film properties, it's an original haunted house... So I don't think that will be a factor in a Blumhouse property being used. Secondly, and John even tweeted about this, it would be impossible to make TC3D a 3D maze. 3D in movies is drastically different then 3D in mazes. The system of 3D they use in the haunts requires florecent paints and backlight for much of it for the glasses to work, both don't mesh at all with the tone of a TCM maze.

Edited by Stitch_101

Well here's more

Dead Space 35% I think this can be a really strong and scary maze but its up to John

Slender 30% John doesn't like slendy but I think he should try it like he first did with La Llorona as a scarezone and maybe part of the tram.

Resident Evil 15% possibly won't happen if TWD returns

• Like 1

^ I wouldn't bet on Dead Space... Like I said, John stated that Silent Hill didn't do to well with guest because of lack of recognition with the property. And that was even with a Silent Hill movie coming out. I wouldn't hold your breath for a video game based maze. And besides, HHNH specializes in movie IP's. I'm willing to bet Silent Hill would have not made the cut had a new movie not been coming out.

^ I wouldn't bet on Dead Space... Like I said, John stated that Silent Hill didn't do to well with guest because of lack of recognition with the property. And that was even with a Silent Hill movie coming out. I wouldn't hold your breath for a video game based maze. And besides, HHNH specializes in movie IP's. I'm willing to bet Silent Hill would have not made the cut had a new movie not been coming out.

Silent Hill was the only video game property I ever wanted to see turned into a house anyway as I'm just not a big gamer. Even though video game-based houses are not going to be very likely, I think the most likely one would be Resident Evil if we do get one. Even then, it would most-likely be based off of the crappy movies.

Oh, as for DireBrian's comment about Blumhouse, maybe Murdy will draw some inspiration from some of the elements from there? Maybe we could see some show-elements inspired from there in the houses?

Well here's more

Dead Space 35% I think this can be a really strong and scary maze but its up to John

Slender 30% John doesn't like slendy but I think he should try it like he first did with La Llorona as a scarezone and maybe part of the tram.

Resident Evil 15% possibly won't happen if TWD returns

Dead Space is more towards the 0-5% chance of appearing, like others have said because of recognition and SH not doing so well in ratings. (Even though I think that was because of lack of effort put into that maze, not the actual property recognition.)

Slender 0%. John has continually said it's just an internet fad, and he has no interest in it.

Resident Evil- Would be awesome to see, but like you said as long as TWD is at HHN it won't happen. I don't think TWD will return for it's third year in 2014 so maybe then hopefully. lol

John could just be saying that though. Remember he's a carny. Lol Anyways he may not think it would be a good 3D maze, but USH may force him to do it. I just hope we don't see it, but if we do I hope it's good. x)

It seems that everyone is starting to think logically, using John Murdy's formula for determining properties. I look forward to when this board starts to light up with off-the-cuff specualation. (ala KISS Maze, obscure properties, non-horror mazes, joke speculations). I probably contributed to this quite frequently B) .

While I have enjoyed every maze since attending the event (ranging from good to awesome), I have difficulty envisioning further "gamer" maze properties. Though, I could see a detailed scarezone dedicated to game horror properties. Even though some may not be well known to the general public, it would not be much worse than most of the recent scarezones.

My initial speculation includes: Walking Dead, American Horror Story, Insidious, Trick 'R Treat (more of wishful thinking), Phantasm (a property that had its heyday and unused by HHN), and a major classic horror icon (I got nuthin', yet).

KISS was my crazy prediction last year! Though it was meant as a joke, but people seemed to take it seriously lmao

But you are right, it seems most of the people currently on the forum right now are trying to think a little more rationally then some of things that get thrown out there when the traffic picks up on the forum when the code names get started.

Another thing to note: AMOK from last year.

John had said that the plans for the maze fell through last minute and thus he had to muster up the TCM maze at the very end. However... he did hint that he would be trying again this year for that AMOK franchise because it was something that he was really into and the maze concept was completed.

Another thing to note: AMOK from last year.

John had said that the plans for the maze fell through last minute and thus he had to muster up the TCM maze at the very end. However... he did hint that he would be trying again this year for that AMOK franchise because it was something that he was really into and the maze concept was completed.

Does anyone think AMOK is Alien? That's what I kept hearing people say and I even have seen Youtube videos explaining why they thought it was that. But I don't remember what their reasoning was in the videos. Me and my bad memory. :mellow:

^ If I recall, the only movies that were speculated as AMOK was Alien and American Werewolf in London. Myself I'm leaning towards AWiL due to this fact, Orlando was planning to have a AWiL house/maze...though it got shelved due to having Silent Hill dropped on them at the last minute. Since AMOK was dropped at the last minute, could it possibly be that both parks were planning to have a AWiL house the same year a la' The Thing, but AMOK was dropped due to Orlando not being about to do their AWiL house due to Silent Hill being forced on them?

The Walking Dead 2

Alice Cooper 3

Dead Space

Slenderman

Insidious

Halloween

Cabin In The Woods

Sinister

Trick R Treat

Evil Dead

American Horror Story

Resident Evil

Jeepers Creepers

Freddy vs. Jason

Klownz Maze?

Texas Chainsaw

Alien

7 out of these is what we could possibly see at HHN 2013. Pick your choice. LOL

Edited by StraightEdge

Does anyone think AMOK is Alien? That's what I kept hearing people say and I even have seen Youtube videos explaining why they thought it was that. But I don't remember what their reasoning was in the videos. Me and my bad memory. :mellow:

I doubt it was Alien... The only hint that really fit for me was Standing Alone (I think that was it)... There was a song Standing Alone by the band Alien... October Skies was another hint... They tried to tie the movie October Sky to Alien, but honestly, how do you take a movie about a West Virgina coal miners son who builds and launches model rockets to Alien? Sure the rockets end up in space, but that connection seemed like it was stretching it a bit. And the hint was October Skies, not October Sky... Plural tense could be important there. And the last one was "The End Is Near," which lets be honest, could be just about any horror movie out there. He also said it was a new property to HHN and was a franchise, so it has sequels, so I guess those would fit. I will say though that despite my belief that AMOK was probably not Alien, I would love to see an Alien maze!!!

I also think it might help if we actually looked at the word Amok. The word Amok comes from Malasiya and the word mengamuk, which roughly defined means to make a furious and desperate charge. According to Malay culture, amok was rooted in a deep spiritual belief. They believed that amok was caused by the hantu belian, which was an evil tiger spirit that entered ones body and caused the heinous act. So Amok comes from a word that is tied to possession...

Edited by Stitch_101

Now that I'm thinking about it, Amok could have been The Exorcist... Maybe? So like I said, the word Amok come from Malay word that is used to describe someone being "possessed" by evil animal spirits.... So possession is at the core of its history. Could the Standing Alone hint then be pointing to the Exorcist movie poster? It famously has the Father Merrin standing alone under a street lamp looking up at the house. Though I don't know how October Skies would fit other then the book "The Exorcist" was based on was released in October... And that doesn't seem like it fits the clue right... Hmmmm....

Look, I'm turning all detective on clues for a house that wasn't used last year... I'm going crazy waiting for the code names!

Now that I'm thinking about it, Amok could have been The Exorcist... Maybe? So like I said, the word Amok come from Malay word that is used to describe someone being "possessed" by evil animal spirits.... So possession is at the core of its history. Could the Standing Alone hint then be pointing to the Exorcist movie poster? It famously has the Father Merrin standing alone under a street lamp looking up at the house. Though I don't know how October Skies would fit other then the book "The Exorcist" was based on was released in October... And that doesn't seem like it fits the clue right... Hmmmm....

Look, I'm turning all detective on clues for a house that wasn't used last year... I'm going crazy waiting for the code names!

Haha that's actually not a bad take on the codename. I don't think it was the Exorcist but I have a feeling that package he posted on Twitter recently has something to do with The Exorcist. FINGERS CROSSED!

^ well men who turn into werewolves aren't really possessed. They transform into a creature, they are not possessed by a spirit or demon. I just think that the word being tied to the idea of possession kinda interesting considering John picked it as a code name and it could have been a clue as to what property it was for.

Edited by Stitch_101

I realize that Insidious 2 is coming out, but don't you feel like it's kinda too late for it to be a maze?

I mean, if Insidious 2 sucks, they're kind of screwed. Lol. And if they use environments from the first one, it just wouldn't fit as well since they took so long to make it happen.

Idk, maybe that's just my own opinion 'cause, hypocritically, I'd go crazy if they did Trick 'r Treat. :P

On a side note, I find it very kool that people are still using my signatures. :o

I'm not even active here anymore.

Thanks, guys! :D (Btw, I'll still make more if anyone wants one)

At Knotts, they had a maze titled The Grudge 2 and it was based soley off the first Grudge movie from 2 - 3 years prior.

On top of that, The Grudge 2 was absolutely HORRIBLE and is universally despised. It also bombed pretty badly in comparison to the first one.

On top of that, the maze, in the same form and name, returned the next year.

So I say it's very possible Insidious: Chapter Two can happen despite whatever happens with that movie.

Edited by DTH316