Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Speculation/Predictions

Just removed all the posts regarding the cleaver joke DTH made. Although it was a great one and is always good at making these posts, it's time to move on with speculation.

So despite the joke Murdy made on Twitter, he does seem to be in talks with Orlando for something this year.

I think we might get a Silver Screams of some sort. Didn't Murdy say the only icon he'd like to use other than the Director be the Usher?

One thing his Twitter prank did prove though, we have at least two more years of Murdy! I, for one, am excited to see what'll spring up next year when Alice Cooper isn't on his mind to see what else original can come to the event.

Edited by DTH316

I think we might get a Silver Screams of some sort. Didn't Murdy say the only icon he'd like to use other than the Director be the Usher?

One thing his Twitter prank did prove though, we have at least two more years of Murdy! I, for one, am excited to see what'll spring up next year when Alice Cooper isn't on his mind to see what else original can come to the event.

Why does the prank prove we have at least two more years of Murdy? Even if it was his last year he's gonna deny it for now. Lol

I can see a Silver Screams maze being done, but solely with classic monsters. For some reason I have a gut feeling this may be his last year, and if that's the case I can see him paying tribute to the classic monsters in a big way, not just in the HOH. :D

Edited by shark23

I now I'll sound like a creep but I'd like a female one lol. Just seems like there's not many female icons beside the storyteller and Lady Luck.

Technically... The Storyteller was NOT the official icon of HHN 15 for Orlando, it was actually the Terra Queen. The Storyteller was randomly thrown in for ads because marketing felt the Terra Queen was "too complicated" to understand/promote :rolleyes: Which is why the Storyteller was pretty much useless in 2006 for the Sweet 16 event (of course had Scary Tales 3 not been scrapped due to budget, she wouldve served a purpose).

2008 had Dr Mary Agana, aka- Bloody Mary... she was a great icon, however UNI got screwed over with their own creation.. (copyright on Bloody Mary... long story). Hollywood could use Dr Mary Agana though.. Now Bloody Mary was NOT the original icon idea A&D had for 2008, they originally dreamed up an Evil Queen from fairytales.. unfortunately, marketing said that it was 'too close to the neighbors' (aka- Disney World), so they suggested Lizzie Borden. A&D told them "no" because Lizzie Borden already had a pre-existing backstory, so A&D suggested Bloody Mary since she was well known, but had zero backstory outside of "mirror/say her name 3 times".

2011's Lady Luck was great, well i liked her.. unfortunately, she was ruined with the "forced scariness". Had they left out the "monster" side of her, she would've been a lot better. Of course, there WAS backstory for her, but marketing/higher-ups rejected it... god forbid we actually get backstories like the Terra Queen & Bloody Mary had.

I agree... female icons work wonders. I just feel that you have to find the right balance or they will fail. The Storyteller would've worked as a icon, if A&D had created her. But she had no event, no house, no... anything lol. Of course there was also the scrapped icon "Cindy".

Hollywood NEEDS a Silver Screams house... however, they need it to be the actual Universal Palace Theater (i know.. -gasp- ...an original house NOT based on a movie!? THE HORROR! THE HORROR! :P ) While I liked Orlando's house, I also hated it because it lacked originality because it was nothing more than a slightly better executed "All Nite Die-In" or one of the many previous multi-movie houses that came before the 2 Die-In houses.

^This was more or less Orlando's "Universal's House of Horrors" last year. It was presented in a really awesome way (which delivered the scares). For Hollywood, this would really be a throwback to one of the pre-hiatus mazes. I agree, a classic monster house outside of HoH would be something amazing for Hollywood (of course, im sure the higher-ups out there would be like "why? we already have this in the park"). Orlando's house last year was strictly- Wolfman, Brides of Dracula, Dracula, Mummy, Creature From The Black Lagoon, Phantom of the Opera, Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, All Monster Finale (minus the Brides of Drac/Frank).

^This was more or less Orlando's "Universal's House of Horrors" last year. It was presented in a really awesome way (which delivered the scares). For Hollywood, this would really be a throwback to one of the pre-hiatus mazes. I agree, a classic monster house outside of HoH would be something amazing for Hollywood (of course, im sure the higher-ups out there would be like "why? we already have this in the park"). Orlando's house last year was strictly- Wolfman, Brides of Dracula, Dracula, Mummy, Creature From The Black Lagoon, Phantom of the Opera, Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, All Monster Finale (minus the Brides of Drac/Frank).

I know I was most excited for that maze when they announced 2012's line up, and I even wanted to make a trip to HHNO this year to check out the event but wasn't able to since I worked HHN here. Lol I tried seeing it on Youtube but it was really hard to get a good look at most of the sets and costumes. :mellow: It would be so epic, especially since he loves classic monsters so much. I know the higher ups would wonder why, but if John does continue to do this for a few more years, I hope they allow him to do this at least on his last year.

Edited by shark23

Lol I tried seeing it on Youtube but it was really hard to get a good look at most of the sets and costumes. :mellow:

ah yes... the reason for this was due to the house being in vein of 2008's "Dead Exposure" house. Solid black walls/costumes.. with blacklight reflective details that appeared via strobe effects. Last year's HOH concept was actually an old one that they pulled out since they needed something simple due to it being a last minute replacement (literally built within 3 weeks, but not "completed" until the 3rd weekend of HHN). While the sets weren't over-the-top amazeballs, they still have a lot of details most people missed.

It was a great house that delivered some pretty good scares... I wouldve loved to have seen the house get the proper build time as the other 6 houses, but for what they pulled off in such a short amount of time, it was awesome.

• Like 1

We've known for awhile that Murdy reads the forums. Since at least 2010, because the next year he parodied the HHN fanboy as a Scream fanboy in the Terror Tram video for 2011 when we were criticizing the hell out of him for putting "z's" at the end of everything. I don't know about before that though. Also, Zombieman has chatted with him in person and talked to him about the forums (if I remember correctly).

And when the pranks reach Murdy... that's when it's the funniest :-D

@HorrorNights Wait, so now you're also trolling the forums with a fake email about locking Evil Dead, Exorcist, Jeepers Creepers, etc?
@JGmoney1996 No...I have no idea what you guys are talking about (seriously)
@HorrorNights Well then someone on the forums are trolling us as you trolling us... no need to worry.... not that you were...
@JGmoney1996 Fake email huh? Was it at least believable sounding? What did I supposedly say? This is pretty funny
@HorrorNights OMG John, you finally got the Exorcist?!?!
@disneyrthanthou I think a fan is playing a little joke.
@HorrorNights Aww :( That lineup looked soooo legit!!
@disneyrthanthou Yeah its a pretty good one, well I'd drop two of em. LOL
@HorrorNights Which ones? LOL
@disneyrthanthou Chucky (so hard to cast) and JC (very little awareness)
@HorrorNights When I first read that post, I was imagining that a few would get replaced between now and September...
@HorrorNights @disneyrthanthou maybe just settle for an Exorcist II scarezone and release 1000s of locusts on Baker St, a couple Pazuzus too
@HorrorNights @disneyrthanthou Jeepers! Isn't it obvious?
@HorrorNights Do you think you'll manage getting through the issues of getting The Exorcist rights before you retire?
@Arsik22 Hard to say...it's not our film so only so much I can do. But I never stop trying
@HorrorNights Hope so, that would be terrifying but amazing to see at the same time. Lol Hope to scare again next year, was such a fun expe
@HorrorNights @disneyrthanthou yep it was somebody from Horrornightnightmares I got happy at first but then I posted to good to be true
Edited by DTH316

I mentioned Stephen King's "IT" before on here a few times on the Wishful thinking and look what Murdy had to say:

@HorrorNights have you ever wanted to create a maze that is clown themed-original or based off a property?

@Arsik22 Yes, IT if I could

@HorrorNights Nice, Stephen King hasn't changed his mind at all after seeing how well you do mazes off of IPs?

@Arsik22 Not that I'm aware of

I'm not really sure how the Exorcist would make a good maze, the movie was really scary but I don't see how it translates well into a house with multiple rooms (unless every room looked the same with the same characters (similar actors) but different effects)

Edited by Mr. Black

^ base it more than on just the first movie and have it based on all the films in the series... The church in Africa would make a great set price, as would the village. And the hospital from the third film would also provide some creepy sets and scares.

oh if it was based on all the movies then yeah I could see that, it would be pretty good actually, since you mention the church in Africa, that would be pretty creepy.

I thought people were talking about basing it on the first movie only.

^I find this to be a load of crap... Orlando's Chucky house in 2009 cast short people under like 5'6 or whatever in the roles of Chucky. Its very easy to cast... but whatever.

But in that maze wasn't there other doll characters besides chucky, like toy soldiers and girl dolls (who weren't as short)? I remember seeing a video of it a while back and don't remember seeing the maze filled with just Chucky scare actors. If a Child's Play maze was to be done, and if there were hypothetically 15 spots where Chucky scare actors would pop out from, they would need 30 little people. Casting 30 people that fit Chucky's height is hard, especially since many are in the film industry.

Edited by shark23

Well can't they just use a shrinking gimmick and make us down to Chucky's size? (I think Orlandos had this but im not sure) I wanna see a Chucky house >:( I feel like Murdy is being to quick to throw this out the window cuz if he really wanted to make it happen he could and this year would be Hollywoods chance to get an actual Chucky maze not some disappointing HoH overlay :o