Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Speculation/Predictions

I just read the Alice in Wonderland speculation. When I was at John's house before Christmas, the entire living room is themed to Lewis Carrol. The guy has hundreds of Alice in Wonderland collectibles. I asked him about it. He said he's always been obsessed with Alice, wrote a musical about Carrol that was produced in LA in the 90's. I also asked him about the Tim Burton movie and he said he hated it, that he felt the same way about Alice that he does about the classic monsters....he doesn't like when people mess with it...likes only the original, ect. So not sure what that means for the speculation? There's something else I should mention. We talked a lot about the fan speculation and he said he was growing tired of things leaking before they announced them (like Walking Dead, Alice Cooper and Silent Hill last year). He joked that he should start a fake rumor this year to throw people off. Maybe he decided to do it? Someone should ask him about it? If her ignores the question, then maybe this is real?

No code names?!?! *starts sobbing*

Well, there was American Werewolf in Paris. That was technically a sequel to that.

This is true... I've tried to wipe that movie from my mind, it's an insult to AWiL and all good horror movies out there. I guess though it become a question on how you define a franchise... When I think or franchises, I think of movies like Halloween, Saw, Friday the 13th, or even Paranormal Activity... Movie's who have a long standing series with constant commercial success. I'm not sure I would consider AWiL a franchise when it had one extremely poor received sequel over 15 years ago... Then again that's just me. Would you guys consider it a franchise? The definition of franchise when used to discribe a film series is this:

"Recently, some parts of the film industry have erroneously begun to use the word "franchise" as a synonym for a film series. However, unless the owners of the copyright to a film series also have trademarked the names of characters and other elements in the films, and are licensing the use of these to others, a film series is not a franchise, as the act of such licensing is what constitutes franchising." after reading that, I'm ever more confused lol.

Edited by Stitch_101

A few things. One, yes, technically AWiL could be considered a franchise. Two, if Murdy is tricking us with Alice Cooper in Wonderland, then sadly he won't be using what seems like one of the best 3D maze ideas ever. I was wondering what could end the trilogy, be more beautiful, have better sets than ACGTH. This is it. If Murdy has something better up his sleeve for Alice Cooper, I'd honestly be surprised. ACiW sounds fantastic. I mentioned it to him on Twitter and he responded with "Love it!", as if he liked the idea, as if this was his first time hearing of it. It's clearly not, if it was, he would have said, "Yes, I've thought of that before". So either he is willingly tricking us, or that is actually going to be one of the mazes this year.

I just read the Alice in Wonderland speculation. When I was at John's house before Christmas, the entire living room is themed to Lewis Carrol. The guy has hundreds of Alice in Wonderland collectibles. I asked him about it. He said he's always been obsessed with Alice, wrote a musical about Carrol that was produced in LA in the 90's. I also asked him about the Tim Burton movie and he said he hated it, that he felt the same way about Alice that he does about the classic monsters....he doesn't like when people mess with it...likes only the original, ect. So not sure what that means for the speculation? There's something else I should mention. We talked a lot about the fan speculation and he said he was growing tired of things leaking before they announced them (like Walking Dead, Alice Cooper and Silent Hill last year). He joked that he should start a fake rumor this year to throw people off. Maybe he decided to do it? Someone should ask him about it? If her ignores the question, then maybe this is real?

Well they did UMR which was pretty cool so I guess ACiW is ok...but like you said it could just be something to throw us off.

Just a question... Does he like the original disney version

Uh oh! Time for Chris and I to watch another horror movie at work. Its always awkward with all the screaming coming from my office! LOL

@HorrorNights what movie will you be watching?

@chelsea_cook_ horror movie we're considering for HHN...can't say more than that yet

What could it be!? :o

Alice Cooper in Wonderland was something someone created in a thread, I can't remember which, maybe 2 or 3 months ago. It was such a brilliant idea and if Murdy is gonna roll with it, I can actually say for once that I am genuinely and thoroughly excited to see Alice Cooper's maze this year. 3D would work great on it considering Malice in Wunderland at Knotts was in 3D and it's one of the best mazes they've ever done. I'm with you guys - ALL THE CLUES thus far are pointing to Alice in Wonderland. However, I doubt that the package was of the book... so hmmmm. What could it be if it's Alice in Wonderland related?

As for Mama, I'm not sure. Del Toro WAS at HHN this last year. And from experience, we know a few things: 1) someone who visited from the previous year will have a property at HHN or 2) if Murdy attends a premiere, the film or something associated to it, will be at HHN. But Mama COULD be a huge bomb. I

To be honest guys Alice COOPER in Wonderland sounds like the stupidest Idea sory it just is....I been bagging on ideas alot lately and DTH seems to be on board with everything....we switched places 0_0

I hope your right a twisted AIWL would be a dream come true Alice Cooper thrown into that mix would just ruin it for me.

uuhhhhhhhh why?

• Like 1

To be honest guys Alice COOPER in Wonderland sounds like the stupidest Idea sory it just is....I been bagging on ideas alot lately and DTH seems to be on board with everything....we switched places 0_0

LMFAO! Same here. I think it's a dumb idea.

For real though? Why isn't there gonna be code names this year?

Mama has two redeeming factors right now A.) it's got Del Torror's name all over it! he presented this past year at eyegores and was toured around HHN by Murdy so I wouldnt doubt it in the slightest. and B.) like Wolfman and Thing it Posters and ads were all up in HHN this year and im sure if it wasnt for the walking dead it would of been previewed on the tram like always....but only time will tell.

Well, Mama was previewed on the HHN VIP tram, and our tour guide spoke about the film for about 5-10 minutes as well. I dunno, it could end up being a player this year.

Another poster here on the forum said Murdy told him he was getting a little upset with mazes themes being leaked when he asked his opinion about the fans and speculators.That seems to be making people think we won't get any code names or hints this year. But in years past, Murdy has appeared very grateful and supportive of sites like HNN and it's posters, so I'm taking it with a huge grain of salt. I wouldn't get too worked up. I'm sure we will get code names this year.

Edited by Stitch_101

Well even if the mazes are leaked, we're only like... 10 people here, who cares if we know? And even if we tell everyone we know, about 20 people from each of us will listen or care. That's 200 people... that's not even capacity for a maze all at one time lol

What's wrong with Alice Cooper in Wonderland? If it's like Goes to Hell where it's less about Cooper and more about the theme, I think it could be pretty cool. Basically just make a Wonderland maze, have 3 or so Cooper songs in there with 1 or 2 appearances from the man himself. It's a very small annoyance in otherwise what potentially could be an amazing maze. Grind, did you go through Malice at Knotts? It was amazing. Imagine that maze but with HHN quality sets.

uuhhhhhhhh why?

You have to remember, this is the internet. All it takes is a handful of people on here to figure out what the house its...then everyone knows.

I think it would be a visually spectacular house if we were ever to get a sound stage house.

Ok ladies and gentlemen I think I hit gold!!!! :D

I went into further research about amok and as I scrolled through endless Google results I found a link to a site ( My computer shut down so i don't have the link, will look for it latter) anyway it was to a for that had movies related to amok some of them included Resident Evil, The Blob, Frankenstein, AWiL, The Exorcist, The Possession, Paranormal Activity Freddy v Jason.

• Like 1

I went into further research about amok and as I scrolled through endless Google results I found a link to a site ( My computer shut down so i don't have the link, will look for it latter) anyway it was to a for that had movies related to amok some of them included Resident Evil, The Blob, Frankenstein, AWiL, The Exorcist, The Possession, Paranormal Activity Freddy v Jason.

Could be nothing to get hyped over. But out of all of those could mostly be The Exorcist, Paranormal Activity or Freddy vs. Jason.

^^ being primarily a film studio, Universal Studios has soundstages where they film shows and movies. Some of these soundstages are near the lower lot of the theme park portion of the studios. It's everyone dream, because of the size of the soundstages, that one year Universal will let John and the team use one of the soundstages for a maze or two. The problem is that Universal leases the soundstages out to other companies to use for filming, so Universal has never been in a position to allow it, and sadly we probably won't see one used anytime soon.

Or what Freak said... He beat me to it! :-P

Edited by Stitch_101

Considering AWiL is in the list, that simply further points to that being AMOK with the facts already pointed out. One of the facts which really rules out the other films on the list is the fact that AMOK was planned to be dual parks...and AWiL was the only film in that list which we know Orlando was fully planning to do.

^If Mama were to come to HHN this year, I don't see how it could be a very good house. Sure, there's the woods, the hut, and the house, but it would feel too much like La Llorona but more modern. Universal has always loved to promote their films, but I guess it depends on the box office receipts. It would be the first movie at HHN to be based off of a PG-13 film, just food for thought.

Mama looks to be more of a "thriller" than a horror movie.
I can't imagine it being HHN Material. However, it's a universal film and Uni loves to push it's own brand.
Let's wait to see the box office results before we jump to anything.

However, I'm almost certain that there will be some collaboration with Del Toro. Murdy has been trying to work with him for years now and this may have been his opening. I would love the idea of a Pan's Labrynth or original concept.

Also, regarding Alice in Wonderland, does anyone know of any Cooper tracks that have to do with Alice in Wonderland or that have subject material that is similar? (i.e. Alice, Mad Hatter, March Hare, Queen of Hearts, Caterpillars, off with their heads, etc.)
I haven't read the books so my familiarity is vague.

You have to remember, this is the internet. All it takes is a handful of people on here to figure out what the house its...then everyone knows.

Indeed, but it's not like knowing the mazes at HHN is a hot commodity on the internet. It's not exactly like having Kanye West's new album a month before it drops or something lol. Barely few people care about maze info. 99% of the people that go don't follow this stuff like we do. And I'm willing to bet 50% of the people that do go, don't even know what some of the mazes are. And even if you did tell them, most of them would just forget anyway. I always have 2 or 3 friends every year that I go with and that I've already given the rundown of the mazes that goes, just as we're leaving, "so what mazes are there?" ... or the worst, "Universal is the one that always does Jason and Freddy, right?"

Off with their head... Cooper's guillotine act on stage. BAM! Connection.