Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Speculation/Predictions

Normally, I like to start it on Jan 1st, but I decided to go ahead and post this since there are some things to chew on already. If anything, I'm starting this thread a tad late since speculation started on the 27th last year.

Alright, so speculation begins. We have already known that Murdy has narrowed down all of the properties for 2013. At the same time, he did not release a survey. In my eyes, this is a good thing as he apparently isn't letting the fans and GP decide what we should get. So here are the rumors going around right now:

-Will Despicable Me be open during HHN?

-Will we see another show or two added to the event?

-With the DTV Chucky movie coming out, could we see a return of his Insult Emporium?

-Will there be a seventh house next year?

-Will Alice Cooper be back to finish the trilogy?

-Will Walking Dead return?

Speculate away!

Alright, I know I've been gone for a while but I'll throw in a little speculation for old times sake. I agree with Freak that no survey could mean good things. It means that John won't have to base a lot of what happens next year on what the GP says in the survey, i.e "Why no Freddy?" "Bring back Leatherface" "I liked SAW better" etc. which could give John and his team a little more freedom with what he wants to do.

^you have been gone for a while haha, welcome back

I think that if Mama does well we may see that come to hhn since it's a Uni property.

Really hope TCM doesn't come back

Seeing that Knotts did an ok job with Evil Dead we could see that.

Cabin in the woods and insidious seem to have a pretty good shot at coming next year

I think the hills have eyes may also come too...seeing that one of the actors was at the eyegores, and usually people who go there sometimes get involved with hhn.

Pretty sure TWD will return although I'm against it coming back...hopefully that doesn't mean two tv shows can't be at hhn at the same time ;)

I guess alice is coming back...probably with theater of blood, death, sex, gore whatever it's called. Not really a fan of his music or that genre of music tbh but as long as it's a good maze I'm fine

The Walking Dead: With season three being a massive hit so far and taking the show to an unexpected level of popularity (not to say the first two season were not popular, because obviously they were, but this seasons ratings have been huge even compared to the first two seasons) I'd be surprised if TWD didn't return. It would be a welcome return for me.

Alice Cooper: so GTH wasn't my favorite maze this year, and with two consecutive mazes, I would rather not see Alice Cooper return. However, I can respect John wanting to do one more and finish his vision of a trilogy if they decide to. For all we know he could have something super special in store for an AC finale if they choose to go do Alice again.

In my opinion, those are the only real properties we have to speculate on so far based what he have heard from John in the past. I'm hoping we get some kind of clue soon though to help push things along, sorta like John's Dante's Inferno photo tweet last December.

Edited by Stitch_101

I have a bad feeling we will get TCM again because the new movie is a sequel go the original so if John did an TCM maze based on the original last year world that mean that he did it to make a sequel house to it based on the originals sequel?

Happy New Year!!! :)

I have a bad feeling we will get TCM again because the new movie is a sequel go the original so if John did an TCM maze based on the original last year world that mean that he did it to make a sequel house to it based on the originals sequel?

Happy New Year!!! :)

TCM was a last minute replacement I doubt thats what he had in mind.

I doubt Despicable Me will be open during HHN. It took like two years to build King Kong; 360 3D & The Transformers Ride.

Yes that's true but both of those were brand new rides that haven't been at any other park, Despicable Me on the other hand was already built in Florida and all the video sequences have been filmed while Kong and Transformers didn't have that advantage.

I doubt Despicable Me will be open during HHN. It took like two years to build King Kong; 360 3D & The Transformers Ride.

Despicable Me was open in Orlando's event last year. I'm sure they'll want it open this year at Hollywood. Being that the ride will open around the time HHN starts construction, that venue is going to be a problem. I'm assuming that they'll build the house this year literally behind the building and have the entire layout in a straight, zig-zag pattern like Silent Hill and TCM '07/'08.

Oh, and anybody see this link on Screamscape?

http://www.screamscape.com/html/universal_studios_hollywood.htm

You'll see a construction schedule for the park. Wild West venue will be under construction for a new addition. I've been told it will be a new stunt show. I'm assuming they'll have the new show open in time for this Summer so that means the Walking Dead was probably our last WWW venue house ever.

It sounds like they could move the JP queue and the WWW venue houses to the tram garage and relocate the Terror Tram loading to the JP queue.

Despicable Me was open in Orlando's event last year. I'm sure they'll want it open this year at Hollywood. Being that the ride will open around the time HHN starts construction, that venue is going to be a problem. I'm assuming that they'll build the house this year literally behind the building and have the entire layout in a straight, zig-zag pattern like Silent Hill and TCM '07/'08.

Oh, and anybody see this link on Screamscape?

http://www.screamscape.com/html/universal_studios_hollywood.htm

You'll see a construction schedule for the park. Wild West venue will be under construction for a new addition. I've been told it will be a new stunt show. I'm assuming they'll have the new show open in time for this Summer so that means the Walking Dead was probably our last WWW venue house ever.

It sounds like they could move the JP queue and the WWW venue houses to the tram garage and relocate the Terror Tram loading to the JP queue.

That seems reasonable, maybe a maze could be put somewhere near the simpsons? Does the simpsons ride have an extended queue? Maybe Universal can build a warehouse like knotts (and theme the outside of course) that can be used for events and HHN only, but i doubt it since there's not a lot of space. I hope we still get 6 houses...i'm sure John will figure it out.

Off topic, but i'm happy that USH will be getting more additions...maybe that new stunt show will be based on the upcoming film oblivion or the bourne series, or the Thing...... :ninja:

I loved T2 but it's ran it's course.

Putting the maze behind the T2 building would be the best option, in my opinion, and might even better.

If TWD was the last maze in the WWW venue, then it went out with a bang. Just wish I would've been able to know that while I was there.

I heard Despicable Me is supposed to be open by the summer, and if so, it'll definitely be open by HHN. People need more places to go and that will eat up 2% of the problem - _ - we need a 30% plan, and soon!

I would actually like to see a Bourne stunt show. That'd be pretty cool, especially if they have a motorbike scene of some sort.

Edited by DTH316

If the lose of the WWW venue turns out to be true, along with some of the other rumors surrounding the park, I wonder what new maze venues we will see this year. I'd hate to see them have to scale back on the number of mazes... Capacity is already a big issue for a lot of us.

If the lose of the WWW venue turns out to be true, along with some of the other rumors surrounding the park, I wonder what new maze venues we will see this year. I'd hate to see them have to scale back on the number of mazes... Capacity is already a big issue for a lot of us.

They're going to keep the amount of houses at six at all costs. Just look at what happened to Orlando when they got rid of one house. It's just too popular now to decrease capacity. I think this semi-confirms that we won't be getting a seventh house. :P

This is a tad of a stretch, but they could have the new show have make-shift seating and sets so that they can be taken apart for a house during HHN. They can build the house off-site and then reassemble it just a few weeks before the event and have the show up in time for the Christmas break rush.

Hey guys,

Ready for another great year of HHN speculation.

I got to go on the maze tour with Murdy for the Walking Dead attraction and he had said along the tour that Silent Hill wasn't being well received. Mainly, this was because of the unfamiliarity with fans of HHN and the franchise. This was such a shame because the maze was scary as hell and I'd love to see it return with additional rooms and characters.

As far as the return of Coop is concerned, I would love to see it. Since we no longer have a front man for HHN, Alice has become one. A personality who we can expect to bring the fun and the terror that we come to HHN for.

Also, here's food for thought. I have heard that they are planning to tear down the Gibson amphitheater to make way for the new Harry Potter theme park attraction. How will this hinder HHN? They are already removing the Coca Cola area to make way for the Despicable Me ride.

Will we still have 6 rides?
Will we extend into the lower low more so than we already have?

Any thoughts?

http://www.snapsurveys.com/swh/surveylogin.asp?k=134869217620&i=13B0BA07484A4085DC1DDC0B8C3B5BFCCE924705FAD232B739D22FE34D1C

That was the link but when I clicked on it just now it said "this survey is now closed"... Damn. But I remember (I received the survey November 5th) it asking about park size, favorite maze, music I like, television shows I like, movies I like, and then an icon, kind of like the surveys from the year before....