Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Speculation/Predictions

Another poster here on the forum said Murdy told him he was getting a little upset with mazes themes being leaked when he asked his opinion about the fans and speculators.That seems to be making people think we won't get any code names or hints this year. But in years past, Murdy has appeared very grateful and supportive of sites like HNN and it's posters, so I'm taking it with a huge grain of salt. I wouldn't get too worked up. I'm sure we will get code names this year.

when did this happen?

yeah I been into Malice it was my first haunt maze, and I want a twisted Alice in wonderland maze SOOOOOOO so bad but if it is this year's grampa Coop maze all I can see is "oh look! the Mad Hatter is Alice, oooo The Chesser cat has alice's make up ooo look everyone has Alice's make up" and worse of that might mean no hot evil Alice NNNNNNNNNNoooooooooooooo!

because you saw the movie already? how is it in the future with Straightedge? lol jk but seriousily let wait till the movie comes out.

It would be the first movie at HHN to be based off of a PG-13 film, just food for thought.

^well thats not entirely true...

Both Hollywood & Orlando had a Mummy house in 1999, Orlando followed it up with a Mummy Returns house (in 2001)... both movies were PG-13.

I'd even count 2000's Buffy/Angel maze for Hollywood as PG-13 since it was a tv series.

Orlando's event had Jurassic Park in 2002 & Cirque Du Freak in 2009... both PG-13.

Its entirely possibly to make a PG-13 movie and make it scary... so its not too far-fetched of an idea for them to use Mama, but I just don't really have any interest in the movie.

Probably a slasher film. Those contain the most screaming.

The new Evil Dead remake seems to have a lot of screaming in it too B) Lol Just wishful thinking , but I'm wondering how possible could it be. Even though Knott's did a horrible attempt on the log ride, and I know John said he was mad about them doing that but what if he saw it already and tried to get past the issues to make it happen!? I'd be thrilled to see Evil Dead at HHN, remake or classic.

Btw I asked John on twitter about having codenames and he responded with:

@Arsik22 Hope so...I'm gonna be on leave for a month starting sometime in Feb so depends what happens.

Edited by shark23

^ I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have Evil Dead... But like you said, the Knotts thing is bit of an issue. We don't even know what Knotts agreement with Sony was exactly... For all we know they gave them the rights to use it 2 consecutive years, like they did with The Grudge 2, in which case we could rule it out... But I'm really hoping!

I believe Sam Raimi owns the rights to the original The Evil Dead movie. :o So if John couldn't come to an agreement with Sony or if Knott's does have the rights for another year, couldn't he obtain the rights and do the original? Anyone else know for sure if Raimi owns the rights? DTH do you know? Since I know you love The Evil Dead. Haha

He is also producing the remake along with Sony... It would be a rather bad show of faith for him to go with Universal with rights for the original if Sony does in fact allow Knotts a second go with the remake. The whole point for for outside companies wanting Universal or Knotts to use there properties for mazes is for publicity reason mostly, I'm sure Sam wouldn't go behind Sony's back in that way. Having two different competeing Halloween events having Evil Dead could cause some confusion for guests, especially if one is based on the remake and one on the original. Even though the movie would have already been in and it of theaters by then, a maze would probably coincide with the DVD release.

Edited by Stitch_101

Check out what DesigningTheFear posted on Facebook:

To my HHN followers, this was just posted on twitter:
Horror Nights:
Michael_Aiello Looking forward to seeing you next week.

Mike Aiello:
HorrorNights Yes, my friend! Very excited.

Hmmm. Sounds like Mr. Alleio has a meeting with Mr. Murdy. :)

But now its back to business as usual. There really isn't anything new to come out of the last few days. The only development could be a meeting between Aiello and Murdy sometime soon. Sure they messed around on twitter, but I'm set to believe before they went and freaked the forum out, their tweets about meeting where genuine.

Oh and for any HHNH fans, check out the new game I have set up. Great way to stretch your muscles and sharpen your mind, just in case we happen to get code names this year

Edited by Stitch_101