Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Speculation/Predictions

^ not completely true in the case of TC3D... Actually, it's surprise success can be traced to one thing, Trey Songz. The hip hop star was able to attract a very large female audience... Over 50% were reported to be female, something that is almost never heard of for an R rated horror movie.

New Texas Chainsaw sequel will already start filming this summer and will be released in 2014. Now I'm actually gonna just accept the fact that it most likely will return next year. <_<

And although most of the movie was crap, I'm interested to see how they would continue the story after the main girl did what she did in this one... Hmmmm lol

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3212436/confirmed-new-texas-chainsaw-sequel-to-start-shooting-later-this-year-oddly-titled-texas-chainsaw-4/

Edited by shark23

While I do not have the link readily available, Lionsgate noted they have already greelit a TC(M) sequel with plans for "six more entries" in the future. :zombie_attack:

^I was just going to say this... and I've heard from people, who are big fans of the ORIGINAL TCM film that TCM3D is awesome... Its the people who loved the remake & its prequel that apparently think the original/new movie suck. For those that didn't know already, the new movie is a direct sequel to the original film.

Since nobody who has seen the movie mention it... a TCM3D house needs to include the carnival scene, more specifically... the SAW pig with a chainsaw cameo... and due to the movie's success, I expect to see a TCM house at both Orlando & Hollywood this year.

^I was just going to say this... and I've heard from people, who are big fans of the ORIGINAL TCM film that TCM3D is awesome... Its the people who loved the remake & its prequel that apparently think the original/new movie suck. For those that didn't know already, the new movie is a direct sequel to the original film.

Since nobody who has seen the movie mention it... a TCM3D house needs to include the carnival scene, more specifically... the SAW pig with a chainsaw cameo... and due to the movie's success, I expect to see a TCM house at both Orlando & Hollywood this year.

In honor of my 400 th post with a killer flu i agree but make it happen 2014.

In honor of my 400 th post with a killer flu i agree but make it happen 2014.

I dunno... I'm still not completely sold on Texas Chainsaw returning... John has seem to indicate that they already have a vision of sorts of what this year will be, so I'm not sure if the movie doing as well as it is will change things if they already planned on not having it return. But hey, the mazes do change last minute, so I guess at this point anything is possible.

^ not completely true in the case of TC3D... Actually, it's surprise success can be traced to one thing, Trey Songz. The hip hop star was able to attract a very large female audience... Over 50% were reported to be female, something that is almost never heard of for an R rated horror movie.

my point is it doesnt change the fact that it wasnt a good movie

techincaly last HHN marked the 100th hence UMR and Bill and Ted's opening

techincaly last HHN marked the 100th hence UMR and Bill and Ted's opening

Not true... last year was the 100th Anniversary for Universal in general. 2013 marks the 100th anniversary for Universal Horror... as I stated above, Universal's first horror movie was in 1913.

And I'm going to say UMR was more of a "budget cut" than it was a tribute to the monsters.

my point is it doesnt change the fact that it wasnt a good movie

Very true. I didn't much like it either. The entire production design and tone of the film felt like something out of a bad direct to DVD horror movie.

Yeah, this is true... But Grindhouse also has a point, they did do several things last year to celebrate the classic monsters for Universal's 100th anniversary, so I'm not sure what more we will get for the monsters 100th anniversary other then just allocating the HOH to just them in the overlay again.

Edited by Stitch_101

There were some brief references to this a few pages back and agree that the carnival scene could be easily added. Also, adding a "burning" Sawyer house could be a great effect in the maze. The Saw reference was classic!

TC3D intended to be respectful companion piece to the original but some crucial missteps led to issues in the final film. There were some good ideas. Had no idea who Trey Songz was until the casting was announced; he had no impact on the film itself. My original post referred to both Indie and mainstream films.

Good to see II was an inspiration for your post (zzrrbbt!) Just kidding...get well.

^ I wouldn't say Trey Songz had no impact on the film. Like I said in an earlier post, the opening weekend numbers have the audience at over 50%, the majority, female... Something that almost never happens with horror movies like this. And according the LA Times, just over a third of those said they saw the film because of Trey Songz... I'm like you in that I had never heard of him before casting was announced, but he clearly has a strong female following.

I wouldnt say UMR was a budget cut since HOH never had more than alternate costumes (Vampires, Dolls, Wolfmen/Villigers) or just the addition of random characters this saw alternative costumes (Remixed Monsters) and added lighting if anything due this has been the most expensive HOH overlay (compared to other HOH overlays)

^ I wouldn't say Trey Songz had no impact on the film. Like I said in an earlier post, the opening weekend numbers have the audience at over 50%, the majority, female... Something that almost never happens with horror movies like this. And according the LA Times, just over a third of those said they saw the film because of Trey Songz... I'm like you in that I had never heard of him before casting was announced, but he clearly has a strong female following.

the wierd thing is even in the Hip Hop commuinity I dont thing trey songz has been big for a few years now.

Good points. I think I was referring to his work in the actual film and having little impact on the reviews. I did not think he was a factor on why the film was rated poorly by most people. Even though its early in the year, I don't see the property being used (But rooting for it!).

^ Ahhh ok. That makes sense... Well, I thought his acting sucked lol! Bad acting=bad reviews.... But then everyone's performances ranged from almost bearable to down right bad IMO so yeah... Hard to really blaim one guy haha. Looking back on the movie, there were parts I liked about it and I almost want to see it again, which is odd seeing how I didn't like it much the first time. I can see this ending up in my "so bad I like it" film collection in the future lol.

I wouldnt say UMR was a budget cut since HOH never had more than alternate costumes (Vampires, Dolls, Wolfmen/Villigers) or just the addition of random characters this saw alternative costumes (Remixed Monsters) and added lighting if anything due this has been the most expensive HOH overlay (compared to other HOH overlays)

the wierd thing is even in the Hip Hop commuinity I dont thing trey songz has been big for a few years now.

Nooo, he is...he released an album I think two months ago

^ Ahhh ok. That makes sense... Well, I thought his acting sucked lol! Bad acting=bad reviews.... But then everyone's performances ranged from almost bearable to down right bad IMO so yeah... Hard to really blaim one guy haha. Looking back on the movie, there were parts I liked about it and I almost want to see it again, which is odd seeing how I didn't like it much the first time. I can see this ending up in my "so bad I like it" film collection in the future lol.

I oddly agree with you. I hated that movie so much that I think I'm starting to like it the more I think about it lmfao

• Like 1

1. @HorrorNights I really am hoping for a insidious maze. It would be perfect to because insidious 2 come out in November 2013

@dylanAtodd I thought it was slated for late Summer?

Insidious 2 release date is AUG 31. I think there's a huge possibility it's gonna happen this year, especially since he knew the release date was late summer and something from Jason Blum is probably gonna be used this year. Lol

Yeah, he kinda knew that off the cuff a bit too well.

Sorry Grind, Insidious is coming lmao

Walking Dead 2, Insidious, Alice Cooper 3. That's a pretty diverse line up so far.

I'm hoping 2013 is like 2011 in terms of variety, but hopefully the mazes will be more kick ass and intense.

I remember being very disappointed with so much on the plate in 2011 and barely anything being all that great aside from La Llorona and The Thing.