Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Speculation/Predictions

Well, personally would rather Murdy not adapt properties not comfortable with or that his heart really isn't in, no matter how much us fans want it (though I personally would rather not see a Chucky maze.) I'm sure he's not thrilled when Universal pressures him into using a property he would rather not, and I don't want the quality of the maze, or mazes, to suffer be because of it. He if would rather not do Chuck or JC, regardless of his reasons, I'm ok with that. Let him use his talents for those properties he is really excited about.

Edited by Stitch_101
  • Like 3

But in that maze wasn't there other doll characters besides chucky, like toy soldiers and girl dolls (who weren't as short)? I remember seeing a video of it a while back and don't remember seeing the maze filled with just Chucky scare actors. If a Child's Play maze was to be done, and if there were hypothetically 15 spots where Chucky scare actors would pop out from, they would need 30 little people. Casting 30 people that fit Chucky's height is hard, especially since many are in the film industry.

The house was a funhouse created by Chucky . The scareactors were twisted toys, like evil monkeys in a barrel, Little Green Army Men toys, burned dolls among others. The house was not even a Chucky house in the sense of being a house made of the movies, it was pretty much a "toy house" with Chucky thrown in. The actors playing the toys were just regular height.

They did make the Good Guy dolls factory from Child's Play 2, and Chuky would burst through walls of doll boxes at the beginning and at the end, but it was not just a Chucky house entirely, it was a toy house with Chucky in it.

Yes, The first scene has guests walking through a revolving tunnel while the Child's Play theme plays while Chucky says his famous chant, it was pretty much like we became small like toys, making us down to Chucky's height. But the house was not a house based on the movies or anything.

But the fact that Orlando had the house could mean Hollywood could have a similar version of the house as well, so yeah, they could have done the Chucky house there.

Edited by Mr. Black

I agree with you 100% Stitch if Murdy doesn't want to do it because he's not passionate about it then that's okay but if he's saying no simply cuz of casting problems I just hope he realizes that their are ways around this. I just feel that Chucky would make a good 3D house if they decide to do it and if it were to be more of a toy house like orlandos instead of being based off the movies that would be fine too it would be semi original :P

but if not I guess we can expect some sort of show at least that involves him Murdy semi hinted towards it last year in a tweet if I remember correctly

• Like 1

the casting problem he mentions doesn't really make sense when they could make the audience into Chucky's size, I mean it worked fine for Orlando. The house was pretty cool and funny at times, The actors playing Chucky did pretty good as well. Once you see the mask and the Chucky clothes on the actors the height of the actors doesn't really matter. I liked the house over here.

But in that maze wasn't there other doll characters besides chucky, like toy soldiers and girl dolls (who weren't as short)? I remember seeing a video of it a while back and don't remember seeing the maze filled with just Chucky scare actors. If a Child's Play maze was to be done, and if there were hypothetically 15 spots where Chucky scare actors would pop out from, they would need 30 little people. Casting 30 people that fit Chucky's height is hard, especially since many are in the film industry.

Everyone on the cast was more or less the same height to an extent. They weren't "little people"... they were just people between the height of 5'2-5'6.. You had chucky, green army men, stuffed animal monkey, barbie... possibly one other thing. They weren't actually Chucky's height... one of my friends was cast as Chucky. Most of them were played by girls since there is more short girls than there are guys. (just like in 2007, Mary Shaw was played by guys because there weren't really any tall girls.)

Because it wouldn't work if it was based on the movies, nor would it be very good. Hence why Hollywood used him for an Insult show years ago... He's a character that talks which means you can virtually do a multitude of things with him. Of course Hollywood's Terror Tram was under-developed and not up to its full potential.

Hollywood did have their own house... 2009's "Chucky's Funhouse" (which was a craptastic layover in House of Horrors).

Everyone on the cast was more or less the same height to an extent. They weren't "little people"... they were just people between the height of 5'2-5'6.. You had chucky, green army men, stuffed animal monkey, barbie... possibly one other thing. They weren't actually Chucky's height... one of my friends was cast as Chucky. Most of them were played by girls since there is more short girls than there are guys. (just like in 2007, Mary Shaw was played by guys because there weren't really any tall girls.)

Yes.

a funhouse created by Chucky?... um. no. You entered the world of toys... the toys have been tinkered with, which cause them to be on the attack. Hollywood's Chucky house in 2009 (despite it lacking the actual "funhouse" aspect of its title) was supposed to be a funhouse.

Because it wouldn't work if it was based on the movies, nor would it be very good. Hence why Hollywood used him for an Insult show years ago... He's a character that talks which means you can virtually do a multitude of things with him. Of course Hollywood's Terror Tram was under-developed and not up to its full potential.

Hollywood did have their own house... 2009's "Chucky's Funhouse" (which was a craptastic layover in House of Horrors).

I copy the info from here lol

http://halloweenhorrornights.wikia.com/wiki/Chucky:_Friends_till_the_End

I was thinking the house was like a toy factory but that didn't sound right, the "funhouse created by Chucky "line is from there :lol::lol::lol:

I was wondering, if they already did a Chucky house in 2009 in Hollywood why the interest for another house now?

Edited by Mr. Black

How did the Chucky thing even come up? I mean, John basically said he's not interested in doing it. Regardless of his reason, they are his reasons, and nothing we say will change it. Kinda pointless to speculate on it at this point.

And the fan interest picked up because there is a direct to DVD sequel coming out this year. But it's a moot point, it's not going to happen. Even if it's a Universal property, I think it will take a lot more then a DTD movie in the series for Murdy to seriously consider doing Chucky again.

Edited by Stitch_101
  • Like 1

How did the Chucky thing even come up? I mean, John basically said he's not interested in doing it. Regardless of his reason, they are his reasons, and nothing we say will change it. Kinda pointless to speculate on it at this point.

And the fan interest picked up because there is a direct to DVD sequel coming out this year.

Oh yeah I forgot

Well let's be honest it's Chucky you don't even need a movie for the property to be used because he's a horror icon on the same level as Freddy and Jason

And the HoH overlay was bad I wouldn't even consider anything that goes in there as a maze cuz it always feel like HoH with a little minute twist

But like Stitch says its more then likely not gonna happen oh well :-\

• Like 2

Well let's be honest it's Chucky you don't even need a movie for the property to be used because he's a horror icon on the same level as Freddy and Jason

And the HoH overlay was bad I wouldn't even consider anything that goes in there as a maze cuz it always feel like HoH with a little minute twist

But like Stitch says its more then likely not gonna happen oh well :-\

Well maybe at least the return of the "Chucky Insult Emporium" show could be back at HHN 2013?

Well, personally would rather Murdy not adapt properties not comfortable with or that his heart really isn't in, no matter how much us fans want it (though I personally would rather not see a Chucky maze.) I'm sure he's not thrilled when Universal pressures him into using a property he would rather not, and I don't want the quality of the maze, or mazes, to suffer be because of it. He if would rather not do Chuck or JC, regardless of his reasons, I'm ok with that. Let him use his talents for those properties he is really excited about.

exactly or else we end with Scream4Your Life

this should happen!

• Like 1

^ Yeah, Bates Motel is suppose to play put like more of a psychological drama. I am very interested in the new Dracula series they have coming up, especially with Daniel Knauf, the man behind Carnivàle, at the helm. But it too looks like they are going a more dramatic take on the material.

Neither of those tv shows will work as mazes. Or at least not bates motel, which is a drama and will have very little killing. I can see a promotional spot for it on the tram though

Hopefully that won't happen but I do see it advertised in the tram like you said. But a Psycho maze from the original film would be awesome!

A Psycho maze was highly speculated about 2 or 3 years ago. Around the time of it's 50th anniversary and blu-ray release, we thought for sure it'd at least get a special Tram overlay or a spruced up segment in the House of Horrors. Although I think Psycho is iconic, I believe the time has passed for a maze at this point, especially since Psycho is already integrated permanently into the HHN experience twice.

I think a Psycho terror tram would be pretty cool honestly.

You're on to something. A Psycho Layover for the Terror Tram would be amazing.

It would be sick if they could give it a grayish tint to the lighting to make everything feel as thought it is a black and white movie.

Hell yeah.

We've pushed for the idea before, considering it'd make the most sense considering every year is practically a Psycho Terror Tram, especially in the earlier years when they didn't even try to theme it to something else. 06 - 08 had some great mini-Psycho scenes with Mother and Norman killing teens. Only issue is tying in Whoville and WOTW. I'd love to see a cool video of Psycho on the tram though, setting up some scenario.