Halloween Horror Nights 23 Wishful Thinking

Mark M.

with how they are running things now between Hollywood and Orlando, it is making me wonder if we will have a repeat house for 23. I mean lets say they repeat Silent Hill or Walking dead over there, what's stopping them to repeat the house here? (specially with now much money they got. I have no idea if they could use those properties again or not but wouldn't surprise me to see a repeat this year.

They could even add the prison and change the house a little bit.

Its been one year.
  • Like 3

I don't know. If They cannot make an event with 8 houses and real scarezones they need to add something else. Either add 2 more shows or open more rides or something, if they can't make a full event they need to give us something else to do. I know someone will say that in the past we didn't have 8 houses but then they need to lower their price (which they won't) I really wish they replaced the 8th missing house with a new show or something. Same thing with the zones, If we can't have proper zones with decorations and everything we should get 8 or 9 hordes,

make up for the missing stuff. Seriously.

• Like 2

With the news of the release date for JP4, I was reminded of this image that is, allegedly (at least at one point), part of the new movie.

Jurassic-Park-IV-010.jpg

Could we see the revisiting of Evilution? Read as: "Dear Lord I hope not!"

Oh and those looking for pics of mama.. not as clear as the other one but...

17baya.jpg

• Like 4

I know JW brought up The Hallow 2.0 house idea, and just some of the talk of Traditional Halloween (not just the "Traditionals" from HHN 22). But here are some pictures that reminded me of The Hallow 2.0 or maybe even a Samhain house. I think it would be really cool to have the facade of the house be a field where the celebration is taking place, with the bonfires and all that. Wishful thinking at its best...haha.

But yes, Hallow 2.0 or Samhain house.

samhain.jpg

SAMHAIN_PRO.jpg

Blessed+Samhain.jpg

Samhain01.png

samhain+jack+o+lanterns+2010a.jpg

samhain.jpg

• Like 1

I personally would LOVE to see a house based on the movie The Number 23. One of my favorite serious Jim Carrey performances.

I would see some disturbing things progressively develop in there...maybe a room covered in scribbles of things revolving around the number?

And BOOM! there's our psychological house.

With this being a New Line film, I don't see it being a very big stretch to acquire the properties.

Samhain is not a god but the festival practiced by the Gaelic.

I actually found the use of a goat like god called Samhain to be somewhat offensive. He was more Pan like than anything else. This would be why I did not include The Hallow imagery in my post regarding a Traditional Halloween.

If we wish to have a traditional Samhain house, it would not be as similar to a Traditional Halloween house, and most likely not as frightening as many people perceive it to be. Although one could say the Unseelie Court trouncing around in a house could prove to be unnerving.

While some of the imagery associated with Samhain has been brought into Halloween, the commercialization of Halloween as well as the removal of many of the original ideas behind Samhain separate the two.

Edited by mystiquephreeq
  • Like 1

Samhain is not a god but the festival practiced by the Gaelic.

I actually found the use of a goat like god called Samhain to be somewhat offensive. He was more Pan like than anything else. This would be why I did not include The Hallow imagery in my post regarding a Traditional Halloween.

If we wish to have a traditional Samhain house, it would not be as similar to a Traditional Halloween house, and most likely not as frightening as many people perceive it to be. Although one could say the Unseelie Court trouncing around in a house could prove to be unnerving.

While some of the imagery associated with Samhain has been brought into Halloween, the commercialization of Halloween as well as the removal of many of the original ideas behind Samhain separate the two.

Right I remember the stir among the vault crew over it. Was it ever officially called that? It amazes me that people/pop-culture personifies Samhien as a creature/God. But they do it ALL the time.. probably why I just said the Samhien character... Kinda what it came to be known as :P

It also drives me nuts when people pronounce it Samhane when it is Sowin.

IDK It depends on what you use as a marker point for "traditional". All of it is tradition evolving. Granted the original Fall festival really isn't frightening... But neither is the Wizard of Oz (well to anyone but a child).

There has to be a little artistic license for all of it. We've seen it all. I was just thinking today how I can't remember seeing something in the horror/haunted maze genre and thinking: "Wow what a unique concept!" It's just all been done to death. All that's left is to mix it up with new tech and different stories.... but what we really need is a paradigm shift... something truly new.

• Like 1

I never mentioned Samhain being a god.

But, as far as everything else, my misconceptions then.

It was more of a reference to the original premise behind The Hallow.

You would probably like a house based around Faeryfolk. They are tricksters and pranksters.

I've always wondered why A&D has never attempted a house with them. With the success of Scary Tales, I believe it would be a popular house.

They would have to display something closer to the original myths, instead of the sugar coated versions most know. The Sidhe (kinda represented in Gothic last year with the winged cat or Cat Sidhe), Selkies, Kelpies, Redcaps, Will o' the Wisps and so on.

• Like 3

You would probably like a house based around Faeryfolk. They are tricksters and pranksters.

I've always wondered why A&D has never attempted a house with them. With the success of Scary Tales, I believe it would be a popular house.

They would have to display something closer to the original myths, instead of the sugar coated versions most know. The Sidhe (kinda represented in Gothic last year with the winged cat or Cat Sidhe), Selkies, Kelpies, Redcaps, Will o' the Wisps and so on.

The kelpie has always freaked me out... something about a horse that lives in the water that is just unsettling to me. I don't like horses... and sharks freak me out (well anything that could eat/drown me so the worst of both worlds)

Kelpie.jpg

Also I looked it up. Universal did personify Samhien... >.<

attr_thehallow_text.jpg

While searching for hhn stuff I found this

Mr. Timon, without confirming verbally, did give us a wee spoiler that a few juicy TV properties might be explored - given the huge reception that AMCs The Walking Dead is receiving.

I asked him if he would be contacting Ryan Murphy and FX for a possible American Horror Story themed house.

We cannot comment on that. We talk to a lot of great people and American Horror Story is an awesome property, said a tight-lipped smiling Mr. Timon. Hmmm...

I don't know who this timon guy is, but I'm sure you guys do...

Edited by Ridesandstuff

Just throwing this out there: I wouldn't rule out another doll themed house or even something based on a twisted Toy Factory (Yes, I know, Hollywood did a toy themed scare zone). During the Unmasking tour, my tour guide told us that right now A&D is finding a recent trend that what scares people the most are things that aren't supposed to be alive. Hence the gargoyles and alot of the statue-based scares in some of the houses.

• Like 1

Wait.... 256?

Don't you mean 262 days 5 hours 44 mins and 52 seconds?

Cuz last time I checked... September 27th was the start. If not, I gotta fix the counter before it roles out.

It seems Jeramy's first guess was correct afterall... HOS recently announced their event dates for this year, and HOS begins Sept 27th this year... so unless HHN starts the weekend before, it seems this year's event will actually start on the 27th as well....

meaning we've got 257 days until HHN 23... instead of 250 <_<

It seems Jeramy's first guess was correct afterall... HOS recently announced their event dates for this year, and HOS begins Sept 27th this year... so unless HHN starts the weekend before, it seems this year's event will actually start on the 27th as well....

meaning we've got 257 days until HHN 23... instead of 250 <_<

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

I already changed my vacation... and the counter... argh. I think I'll leave 'em till we know for sure... *facepalm*

• Like 1

^yea... and if they start HHN on Sept 27th, they would most likely be ending it on Nov 2nd, which would only give us 24 nights... It would be stupid of them to decrease the number of nights rather than increase...

Also I looked it up. Universal did personify Samhien... >.<

If I remember correctly, our very own TJ229ER was one of the Samhein's in The Hallow finale... and there was also a Samhein in the Fractured Tales scarezone as well...

2747_1137865483403_2354746_n.jpg

• Like 1

Im all for a house like that. and it is strange that A&D has never done a house with them. There must be some reason that they haven't.

He is the Senior Vice President of Universal Studios Orlando if my memory serves me right.

The kelpie has always freaked me out... something about a horse that lives in the water that is just unsettling to me. I don't like horses... and sharks freak me out (well anything that could eat/drown me so the worst of both worlds)

Kelpie.jpg

While the Kelpie is amazingly freaky, it would be a bit difficult to achieve that effect in a house.

I think a Lovecraft house would be awesome; I know it's been mentioned already, but it really would be so cool.

Im all for a house like that. and it is strange that A&D has never done a house with them. There must be some reason that they haven't.

He is the Senior Vice President of Universal Studios Orlando if my memory serves me right.

Senior Vice President of Universal Orlando Entertainment

While the Kelpie is amazingly freaky, it would be a bit difficult to achieve that effect in a house.

No it wouldn't.

"Underwater" room with a Kelpie.

Bridge/dock over a lake with a Kelpie.

"Lake" in the woods with a Kelpie in the trees.

Kelpie costume is a modified horse head mask with potentially glowing eyes. It would actually be really easy.

you can't really blame people for not getting the pronunciation of samhain right because of how it's spelled. that isn't common knowledge. it's fine to correct somebody in an effort to educate them, but don't be that guy. You know THAT guy. lol

you can't really blame people for not getting the pronunciation of samhain right because of how it's spelled. that isn't common knowledge. it's fine to correct somebody in an effort to educate them, but don't be that guy. You know THAT guy. lol

No I don't blame them. Just flinch when I hear it :P

• Like 1