Halloween Horror Nights 23 Wishful Thinking

Mark M.

um... no. why don't we concentrate on having 8 houses again before even mentioning an extreme house or an asinine idea.

I'm disappointed that I can't bring up a talking point without responders being subjected to attack. I realize that some folks don't know why anyone would think HHN would be affected by family friendly crap - but I didn't think the subject fell outside of bounds this early in the year.

Just - disappointed.

• Like 5

I'm disappointed that I can't bring up a talking point without responders being subjected to attack. I realize that some folks don't know why anyone would think HHN would be affected by family friendly crap - but I didn't think the subject fell outside of bounds this early in the year.

Just - disappointed.

I was making a joke about the family friendly house instead of the Extreme house since TsunamiFox posted those funny gifs I was answering to Fox, but I didn't think Wesker would think I was serious lol.

I wasn't making fun of your post either but making a joke about the event.

i

something that does make me wonder is that Wesker keeps quoting my posts even if they are jokes or just nonsense lol. Seems like I strike a cord with him

but I don't mean to. :ninja:

Edited by Mr. Black
  • Like 1

about the shows (or lack thereof) at HHN, The other night I saw "The Devil's Carnival" with a friend, and it made me think,

Couldn't they get in contact with the guys that made it (The also made Repo the Generic Opera) and maybe ask to have a show made for HHN based on the Devil's Carnival?

When I was watching it, it pretty much felt like it belonged at HHN. Reminded me a lot of 2007's Carnival of Carnage show that Jack and Chance had, and well, it deals with the Devil.

I guess this is just dreaming on my part (really wishful thinking here) but I would love to see something like this in HHN instead of a magic show again.

Repo would be too hard to do for a show but the Devil's carnival could be perfect for it. Specially since they could write new material for the show or do something new.

(I'm sure that the short movie will not appeal to everyone, some might even say it is awful, But as a show I could see it working, Specially because a show like this will be better than yet another magic show. The movie reminded me of 20 Penny Circus even, because of the clown make up and the crazy antics)

http://youtu.be/v2hqUqsxe9w

Edited by Mr. Black
  • Like 1

Just - disappointed.

No subject is out of bounds Kat. We're all equal on here in my eyes so talk about whatever you like. I personally don't want it to be a family friendly event. It annoys me (and a lot of scareactors too) when I see parents taking small children through houses. As has been mentioned before that is what the Disney Halloween event is for so I'm all for keeping HHN as intense as possible.

• Like 8

Mr Black. How dare though disagree with Chris's opinion on something. Don't you know the new name of this forum is Wesker.com and that only his thoughts matter now lol ;)

Quoted for posterity.

And Repo should be a scarezone before its a show...

Mr Black. How dare though disagree with Chris's opinion on something. Don't you know the new name of this forum is Wesker.com and that only his thoughts matter now lol ;)

This is just a friendly reminder that this IS the Wishful Thinking thread. It does not mean that it WILL, MAY or CAN happen! Feel free to discuss anything that you WISH to happen at Halloween Horror Nights! If you want to counter why it can't or won't happen, please do so in a respectful way.

I love to read good debates, but let's keep them without any type of insult. Carry on my friends! :)

• Like 4

Quoted for posterity.

And Repo should be a scarezone before its a show...

Repo would be too hard to make into a show, I don't see how it would work.

But a devil's Carnival show could totally be made, Specially because the story is very simple and the makers of the movie already go on tour promoting the short movie and they have a live pre-show before showing the movie. It has music and it has dancing, and it is dark and it has clowns, and it has the Devil. It would be perfect for HHN

I agree MZ_

This thread is for any ideas. No matter how outlandish.

there was a show in Miami I saw a while back. i completely forget the name.

Was sort of a Danse macabre cabaret... but all in Spanish....man what was it called!

Something like that would be cool... in english

• Like 2

I agree MZ_

This thread is for any ideas. No matter how outlandish.

there was a show in Miami I saw a while back. i completely forget the name.

Was sort of a Danse macabre cabaret... but all in Spanish....man what was it called!

Something like that would be cool... in english

Sounds interesting,

When it comes to shows besides B&T at HHN I think the key word is original. People are tired of seeing the same things, they need to come up with something horror or weird themed that's not just another magic show. No disrespect to 20 Penny Circus but there wasn't one thing I hadn't seen done before or similar previously by other people. I don't mind that type of show if it's new tricks and clever. I'm open to most types of things unless it's a musical thing like Death Drums lol. I still think a mini theatric style horror based story acted out would be such a cool idea. A mini Psycho sequel done as a stage show or other horror property like the classic Uni monsters maybe (not done as a comedic musical either). Or an original story attached to an icon is another option. I think Uni are missing a trick here personally

• Like 1

I'll never understand why they put so much effort to everything (houses, streets, even Bill and Ted dance routines) but when it comes to shows at HHN is like they barely care sometimes, I mean getting magic shows year after year (specially when is the same tricks) is not as interesting. They don't even try to find really original and new magic shows. I would even be happy if they found something crazy for HHN. That's why I liked rocky horror so much, I know a lot of people don't like it but it was nice to have it at HHN. It was something new. (I really liked Dead Drums a lot lol. )

Sometimes I wish they did a horror comedy show or something like that, some kind of dark performance art, something with costumes and music, anything besides magic shows.

I actually loved Dead Drums, I really really liked it. It was new, it had dancing, cool make up, it was so cool to have Dead Drums at the event. I really enjoyed seeing them.

I also really loved the Lagoon shows last year. I loved seeing each one and hearing the music, that was really cool. HHN is missing that, Magic shows tend to get boring after a while, but music or performance acts never do. That is one thing about Bill and Ted I always love is the dance routines at the end. My favorite part of the show actually.

Edited by Mr. Black

Yeah its bugging me now. I can't remember the name. The name was in spanish too. Like circo de lo macabro... but that wasn't it.

Anyone been to this show and know the name.

I tried to google it by what you mention but nothing came out. when was this in October.

Just - disappointed.

I sincerely hope that my response didn't cause offense to anyone. I was merely giving a perspective that was more from a business point of view, to help spur some debate and discussion. If I did at all, I of course apologize. :)

I think Chris is a bit of an acquired taste. I've taken the view that he's this board's cranky curmudgeon (because every forum has to have one), and tend to just think to myself "That's our Wesker!" when I see one of his "special" posts.

It's funny you should say this, because Repo! actually started out as a stage show years before it became a film. Here, I was able to find a short trailer for it on YouTube:

Devil's Carnival, while lending itself more easily to the style of HHN, has the weaker story of the two. I think Repo! is also more easily accessible. Perhaps once they film the other parts of it and finish the story, that will change, though (part 2 is heading into production this year).

• Like 2

I sincerely hope that my response didn't cause offense to anyone. I was merely giving a perspective that was more from a business point of view, to help spur some debate and discussion. If I did at all, I of course apologize. :)

Not at all Boogey, I appreciate a considered and nicely presented discussion. And I happen to feel the same way on most on your concepts. As above, it's all good, and I love the contribution. :)

MOVING FORWARD ;) - I really like the ideas that have been presented by Mr. Black, JW and Boogey for potential shows. A Repo! concept for SZ might be kind of fun, too! Granted, somewhat similar to S&S in a few respects. But, as someone has said before - all the ideas have already been used. It's just the execution (lol) that might be different.

If Uni lets Creative put their caps on, stuff like this could be great ideas for them to chew on.

Found it!

Circo de los horrores

(heck they have a more interactive site than we've had for a while <_<)

It'd be cool if Universal came up with there own Circus of horrors and kept it going as a tradition. Tell that wouldn't be better than B&T. Comedy and horror and circus acts.

Oh my god....... :wub: that show looks amazing... -_- I would die if they did this for HHN, seriously that looked so cool.

That is really what Uni has been missing for the last years, a dark horror performance show. I really wish they did this, I don't understand why they don't make a show for the event like this. (Specially now if we can't get an 8th house.

Kinda makes me wish that Hollywood did it just so that they made it come here lol,

Interesting, I didn't know.

I guess I was thinking Devil's Carnival might be easier to get since it is independent, while Repo had Twisted Pictures backing, But knowing it was a play first I wonder if that would make any difference or not, I guess it wouldn't matter.

Edited by Mr. Black

Found it!

Circo de los horrores

It'd be cool if Universal came up with there own Circus of horrors and kept it going as a tradition. Tell that wouldn't be better than B&T. Comedy and horror and circus acts.

Okay, I really want to see this show! This would fit in marvelously at HHN!

• Like 2

Okay, I really want to see this show! This would fit in marvelously at HHN!

It really would.... Seriously wtf? why can't Uni do this! they have the monsters, they have amazing actors and dancers, they can do amazing costumes and make up, they can use whatever music they want, they could totally write a show like this,

kinda makes me mad lol. We should totally be able to see this at HHN, the talent is there.

Edited by Mr. Black

WOW - I cannot believe no one has brought this up just yet.

Well, we all know the Evil Dead remake is coming out this year, and some people want it as a house (I would be one of those). BUT, that is not what this is about....

So, we had the Rocky Horror tribute show a couple years back, and with all the Evil Dead talk plus the fact we need a new show, why not do a tribute to Evil Dead The Musical? That would be awesome in my opinion.

"Do the Necronomicon!" I can already see myself singing along! :)

Evil_Dead_Musical.jpg

• Like 2

WOW - I cannot believe no one has brought this up just yet.

Well, we all know the Evil Dead remake is coming out this year, and some people want it as a house (I would be one of those). BUT, that is not what this is about....

So, we had the Rocky Horror tribute show a couple years back, and with all the Evil Dead talk plus the fact we need a new show, why not do a tribute to Evil Dead The Musical? That would be awesome in my opinion.

"Do the Necronomicon!" I can already see myself singing along! :)

Evil_Dead_Musical.jpg

was this any good? I always wondered about that.

I think someone mention this once but then someone else said it was a bad idea or something, I recall a conversation about this show before and someone shutting it down but it might have been on facebook maybe. I really don't remember.

Found it!

Circo de los horrores

Love this, but I saw many things that would never allow it to become a part of HHN. Far too risqué.

Would something like this, if it were toned down, still be as good? Because it would need to be toned down a lot, for something like it to ever appear at HHN.

• Like 1