Halloween Horror Nights 23 Wishful Thinking

Mark M.

I have to imagine that IF they did that (and I think it's a big if), they would offer a park hopper option, just like they do during the day.

It would be VERY hard and risky to do an event like that. If they are going to do both parks, might as well make them the same event. In time, the two events would drift further away from each other and that would be troublesome.

It would be VERY hard and risky to do an event like that. If they are going to do both parks, might as well make them the same event. In time, the two events would drift further away from each other and that would be troublesome.

It would be a huge headache from an operations side as well. You're talking about doubling overhead while splitting your consumer base, without necessarily getting additional revenue. I honestly would be shocked if it ever happened.

Well this was a lovely surprise to find the HHN 23 thread open! :)

Well....what are my wishful thoughts....?

1.) I sincerely hope the legions return, but if not, then just the hordes (which I now prefer over scarezones). Or the foxes...yes....lots of foxes..... (and Tiger Astronaut of course)! :PP

But, I do hope they will have more set pieces. A thought I heard going out was a mix of both scarezones and hordes...sounds fine to me. That way everyone has the potential to be happy. :)

2.) More gore! HHN hasn't had something excessively bloody in awhile. I want something like the Body Collectors, flat out nasty and disgusting! I want spines being ripped out and hearts being thrown from every direction! I want satan to ascend from the bowls of hell...and well I'm getting carried away here, haha. But, you see my point. I just really hope there is a really nasty/gore hound house this year, but of course it will still have to have a good story as well.

3.) Speaking of stories, it would be nice to see more in-depth backstories again on the houses.

4.) A continuation of the Iniquitus story line would also be really neat. We know who created the legions (or who unearthed them that is), but we don't know who/what created the Iniquitus. Shall we find out? I hope so!

I would love to see Rosie the Fox return :)

• Like 1

Well I meant which would you rather have...HHN 23 just at Uni or at both parks?

I never experienced the event at both parks (Or at IOA for that matter) so I really wish I could experience it at least once in my life. And the sooner the better. I think we had enough of the even in the studios and a change wouldn't be so bad.

• Like 1

My preference is two parks, since my favorite year is still 2004. HOWEVER, I'll bet I would be setting myself up for a disappointment. Partly because I think nostalgia may be coloring my recollections; also - yes, it is a long walk to and from certain areas.

With another HOWEVER, if they could come up with some large and detailed scarezones a la Field of Screams and Fright Yard, then that would alleviate a lot of my remaining concerns.

• Like 2

Wait.... 256?

Don't you mean 262 days 5 hours 44 mins and 52 seconds?

Cuz last time I checked... September 27th was the start. If not, I gotta fix the counter before it roles out.

OH! I think we were assuming a start of 9/20/13 since last year's was 9/21/13. If not - oh, that's completely different. Never mind.

OH! I think we were assuming a start of 9/20/13 since last year's was 9/21/13. If not - oh, that's completely different. Never mind.

IDK that's why I want to make sure :P.. maybe I'm smoking crack, but I always remember it was the last week in September. Although I looked back and you are right about the 21st last year. :/

I'll need to change my vacation days too if that is the case.

• Like 2

I would love to see Rosie the Fox return :)

Yes, yes, yes, yes.....YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES!

• Like 1

Why do you guys want more SS houses?

Havent you seen how good the tents are getting? POE was amazing and prove they can do wonders in the tents like first few yrs.

Even Alice Cooper and Havoc. A lot of detail in them. I'm a little partial to the tents but if the themeing in them keeps up like they have I say their on par with the SS. I for one want it to go back to 2 parks.

• Like 3

This past year HHN started the 2nd to last weekend in September (9/21/12). I think this year will run from Sep. 20th (Friday) thru Oct. 31st (Thursday). which would be 25 nights, or 28 nights if it went through the weekend and ended on Nov. 3rd (Sunday).

Nothing wrong with tent houses. I personally like the SS houses because of the atmosphere over there. Sounds weird... Anyways, I like the fact of having both tent and SS houses because it creates diversity in the park and also spreads the houses out. This is just what we need now. With all the construction, I feel as though the back of the park is dead space. I wish we could have the Jaws Que back, but when its all done, maybe we might be getting a house back there again. Fingers crossed!

Nothing wrong with tent houses. I personally like the SS houses because of the atmosphere over there. Sounds weird... Anyways, I like the fact of having both tent and SS houses because it creates diversity in the park and also spreads the houses out. This is just what we need now. With all the construction, I feel as though the back of the park is dead space. I wish we could have the Jaws Que back, but when its all done, maybe we might be getting a house back there again. Fingers crossed!

I seriously dont see them putting a house where Jaws used to be.. Just saying

This past year HHN started the 2nd to last weekend in September (9/21/12). I think this year will run from Sep. 20th (Friday) thru Oct. 31st (Thursday). which would be 25 nights, or 28 nights if it went through the weekend and ended on Nov. 3rd (Sunday).

Hmm OK I'll fix it tonight. (goes off to fix his vacation days)

• Like 1

As for the houses like The Walking Dead; they need to raise the gore factor. Walking Dead was a bit clean to me. Seemed as though the blood and the dirt was missing.

^This wasn't a UNI/A&D decision. That was due to AMC... they didn't want the house to be bloody or scary. Go figure.

Bite. Your. Blasphemous. Tongue.

HHN started in the studios and it belongs in the studios. Also, you thought the park was hell last year, just imagine what it would be like having those crowds shoved into IOA. Good luck trying to do anything.

Also, HHN at IOA isn't really that exciting, its actually much more difficult, especially in the street department. Unlike the studios, the islands are heavily themed and they can't detheme said islands in order to retheme them for HHN due to that taking away from the daytime park experience (especially for people going to the park for the first time).

My first year was at IOA, that was 2005... it was great, but the crowds the event gets now.. it'd be hell. You'd have to do a 2-park event if IOA was going to be included in the picture. However... the problem many of you forget is that its only going to result in more dead space, more walking, and most likely, budget cutting.

Point is... the studios is and always will be the best place for HHN. Plus the only construction that will be going on this year will be Potter 2.0, so unless something new pops-up, we'll have better crowd flow.

^This wasn't a UNI/A&D decision. That was due to AMC... they didn't want the house to be bloody or scary. Go figure.

Oi, AMC was not nice to Orlando at all. An' as a crazy as it sounds that AMC didn't want it bloody/scary...I can actually believe that knowing how much of a pain studios have been to Knott's with licensed mazes. (Case in point, in 07' they had "Beowulf : Labyrinth Into Darkness". The studio exces were literally telling all the actors not to scare people.)