HHN 21 Discussion

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may have been answered, but didn't wanna go through the whole thread to find out. I am an employee at the park and would like to know on what day will there be the employee preview? If you can't say it in the thread, please message me. I just wanna get it off and make sure my guest will get it off as well!

This may have been answered, but didn't wanna go through the whole thread to find out. I am an employee at the park and would like to know on what day will there be the employee preview? If you can't say it in the thread, please message me. I just wanna get it off and make sure my guest will get it off as well!

I would imagine it's probably on the wednesday or thursday before opening day. That's how out had been in the past.

September 21st is Employee Preview.

Based on the reactions here and at the Facebook page I must conclude that I am now completely out of synch with most fans of HHN.

I guess it's probably because I'm older than most of you? I don't know.

But for me Lady Luck is one of the best and most powerful Icons I have ever seen, and I'm talking about the part you have all seen, not her so-called "dark side".

Maybe it reflects on the devaluing of women in a male dominated society, or perhaps on young male machismo, I don't know. But let me tell you there is nothing more frightening than to be in the presence of a really, really pissed off woman.

There is very little chance that any of you will ever be killed by an evil clown, creepy mortician, ghoulish theater usher nor be a victim in a snuff film.

But, I fully expect that very many of you will at some point in your life will anger a woman so badly that she will rip your life to bloody pieces, although hopefully not literally, it will hurt as much if not more.

maybe that's why so many of you immediately hate Lady Luck, she strikes too close to home.

I think she's utterly awesome, as terrifying and deadly as the storm that's ripping up the east coast at this very minute.

I agree, I like this icon, I like her, I don't dislike her at all, I think she is great,

It's the acting that bothers me. Not the concept or the fact that she's a woman. The acting/her voice just removes any sense of menace from her character. Keep in mind that most people want escape in HHN - we desire more fantastical things. No one is looking for a house that takes place in the streets of New York where thugs come out and assault you.

Couldn't agree more. The voice, the mannerisms, and the look inspire laughter more than anything else given that this individual is suppose to extract fear from people. I was a huge critic of "Fear" last year but this new character makes even his flamboyant self look downright terrifying.

Guys, I bet that the event will still be fantastic and as awesome as we expected, even if the icon is scary or not scary. I want to see more of Lady Luck before I can judge and if she's still not what I expected and not scary, than I'll still have all of the 8 houses, 6 scarezones, and 2 shows to enjoy anyways.

I hear you about the acting on the commercial but , I think the videos for the event will be different, Plus the scareactress playing her in the park will be different as well,

and, If you base the hate on the trailer, well, the trailer for 2009 was not that great, Chucky came off as silly, the wolfman too a little bit, same with 2007, the only commercial that was scary and badass was Bloody mary, I always feel there is a certain campiness to the commercials, I still think is too early to tell,

Edited by black mask

I miss the black and white comercials the first appearance of the caretaker, the director,and the story teller. With the spec that lady luck was in the speakeasy era I had hoped we might have seen a return to that style. But oh well I think many people are judging this all to soon, I was guilty of a knee jerk reaction to the spot.

All great points and stated very well. I was just poking at the people who seem to be ripping away at what they have seen so far. I always find it particularly funny when people come out with statements that are negative toward the event before HHN even happens. Not to mention, I see about 75% of the people on here have already made their minds up about something that we really do not even know about, with the exception of a few, of course!

But, great thoughts, and don't worry, the whole conspiracy thing was mostly for fun!!! ;)

I've not made my mind up about anything, I've just passed comment on what I've seen. An incomplete commercial. I trust people like Legacy when they say we haven't seen the full thing and that there is lots more to come. Even if there wasn't I'm sure the event will be great anyway. I thought Fear was a let down last year but I still massively enjoyed the overall event. I'm patiently waiting and keeping an open mind til the full reveal.

Just guessing here but I would think that due to red and black being the colors on the roulette wheel I would assume that landing on red means you get the red headed lady luck but should you land on black you get the raven haired fate. Meaning her appearances changes by a spin of the wheel. Perhaps the ring is the source that allows her to do this.

You know what? I think that is an excellent idea. I really like that a lot. It would certainly explain the two sides of fate and give meaning to the red and black other than colors of the cards. Good speculation.

hey guys, just wondering. i usually go around Oct 15-17 with an express pass but family and stuff want to plan for Oct 8th with no fast passes to save expenses. Does anyone know if this day usually gets as packed as that other weekend i go making it a good idea to get an express, or would we be able to do everything without an express?

hey guys, just wondering. i usually go around Oct 15-17 with an express pass but family and stuff want to plan for Oct 8th with no fast passes to save expenses. Does anyone know if this day usually gets as packed as that other weekend i go making it a good idea to get an express, or would we be able to do everything without an express?

Generally speaking any peak night ie...Fri, Sat. is busy but if you plan everything right usually you can see everything in one night without an express pass. First if you are going to be in the park during the day you can do the stay and scream. Believe it or not doing the stay and scream helps tremendously. You can easily see 2 to 3 houses within the first hour of the event opening. Now there are 2 locations for the stay and scream area one is by Finnegan's resturaunt across from the Palace Arcade and the other one is by Kidzone. Now my advice would be to stay by the Finnegan's area only because when they let you in to HHN you do the soundstage houses first. The soundstage houses tend to be the most popular at HHN so doing those first before the wait times go up will help out in the long run. Also if your only going that night don't waste your time with a sit down dinner. Grab a quick bite to eat and continue walking. You can always have a sit down dinner if you like at City Walk after the event is over for that night. What always works for me is walking in a clockwise direction hitting each house and scarezone along the way. If you decide try catching the second to the last Bill and Ted show because most people wait to see the last Bill and Ted show of the night. So when they are seeing the final show of the night the wait times for some of the houses will go down a little so if there was a house you missed or a house you want to see again that will be the best time to do so. I have been going to HHN since 1998 and I have never purchased an express pass. Every time I have attended the event I have always seen everything in one night. All the houses and scarezones and the Bill and Ted show. Sometimes I am able to see some houses 2 or 3 times on the same night. And finally wait til the end to do your souvenir shopping. Hit the Universal Studios Store on your way out. Remember every second counts at Halloween Horror Nights. But the most important advice I can give you is no matter what just have fun... :) Hope this helps you out. Any other questions don't hesitate to ask...

Sundays can sometimes get pretty busy also. I went last year on a Sunday and I was always in a rush to get all of the stuff I wanted done. I ended up missing the Legendary Truth house last year because the event ended early on sundays and alot of the lines and crowds got too enormous for my taste. But I guess you can't help that can you. :unsure:

Edited by Terra Guard

A quick question for anyone who was the "first 21" to win a card on Facebook. When you get the confirmation email, do you respond to it, and what does it normally say? I got the last one sent to my phone, but a lot of the message was cut off. (also, I apologize if this is posted in the wrong spot.)

Sundays can sometimes get pretty busy also. I went last year on a Sunday and I was always in a rush to get all of the stuff I wanted done. I ended up missing the Legendary Truth house last year because the event ended early on sundays and alot of the lines and crowds got too enormous for my taste. But I guess you can't help that can you. :unsure:

One little tidbit of advice I can give you for this question is if you've done everything at HHN that night except for one house stay particularly close to the house you missed towards the end of the night. Get in line for that house at the end of the night when they are still letting people in. Don't worry if there is a significant wait time either. As long as you are in line for a house they won't tell you to get out... ;)

Edited by HORRORLANDO

see the spade on the tank?

What about the spade on the tank?

The spade was commonly used throughout America's military history as a marking on equipment, as a symbol for death or bringer of death, or simply as something service members thought looked cool. Tanks, just like planes, would be named by their crews and be painted with an image associate with that name. "Aces and 8's," in card games is known as the "Dead Man's Hand." Is it an intentional tie to the marketing of the event? Yes, but it's also completely appropriate given the context of the image.

Omg I must be so slow. That looks like a world war 1 trench. All the talk of a hospital must have distracted me from what that war was known for. A house that is us walking through a trench could be scary as hell especially if they play loud shelling noises. I wonder how the hospital ties into it?

ever heard of the quote, "MEEDDIICCC!!!". WWI is a sea of dying, wounded, or dead people. Medics are needed on the field to revive and store the few they can get their hands on. HOW DO YOU NOT NEED MEDICS IN A PLACE OF WAR?!?! haha

Nurses do not necessarily have to tie into a hospital or even then, they could show the process of pre and post war of all those fallen soldiers

Edited by Katz

ever heard of the quote, "MEEDDIICCC!!!". WWI is a sea of dying, wounded, or dead people. Medics are needed on the field to revive and store the few they can get their hands on. HOW DO YOU NOT NEED MEDICS IN A PLACE OF WAR?!?! haha

Nurses do not necessarily have to tie into a hospital or even then, they could show the process of pre and post war of all those fallen soldiers

I was more referring to how you get from the trenches to the hospital in the house not the fact you dont need medics in a war lol. I was thinking too logically I guess, I suppose one room could be the trenches and the next could be the hospital.

What is this email you speak of. I have not recieved this as of yet... :unsure:

The e mail was only sent out to the top 10 on the website leaderboard and the people who recieved cards from Facebook. If you didn't match either of these conditions i'm afraid you won't get an e mail. It basically entitles those people to an early reveal from one of the creators of the event as a reward for supporting their build up i think.

I know Fallow and myself got an e mail but did any other members on here get one? Be interesting to know just who on here will be sitting watching their inbox come 11.30pm tonight lol

I mostly just get startled, but I've had a handful of genuine scares. It all depends on the circumstances, and sometimes it's just the most simple thing but you're just not paying attention. One of the best scares I ever got was when I was on my way to Guest Services, with my full mind's focus on that. I totally forgot where I was and wasn't looking at what was going on around me. A scareactor snuck up on me and snapped a big clapboard right at me. Made me nearly jump out of my skin! It wouldn't have worked if I wasn't distracted, but the circumstances made it one of my best scares.