HHN 21 Discussion

The event looks incredible, and now I'm even more depressed that I won't get to go this year. Ah well, at least the speculation and dreaming were fun while they lasted. Can't wait to hear reviews from you guys once you go.

Edited by GrimmBC4L

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notice no map on the site AND RRR supposedly open... wonder how the will manage that.

Oh and Skadoosh. Got my pre-party confirmed for the first two Fridays!

confirmation.jpg

Hey where do you find this Jeramy? My first year having preffered So i am intrested in Doing this.

The event looks incredible, and now I'm even more depressed that I won't get to go this year. Ah well, at least the speculation and dreaming were fun while they lasted. Can't wait to hear reviews from you guys once you go.

Living vicariously through the forums shouldn't be too hard on you :)

This might be in the wrong topic to ask but I'm struggling between buying the Rush of Fear and then seeing if I could upgrade later to FF or FFP after... or just buy FF or FFP upfront. I lose a few days doing that vs. Rush of Fear at the beginning but my work schedule varies a lot with morning and evening shifts and I hate for those days that I wouldn't have to be the ones where I'm actually free. On the other hand, I'm definitely not going to buy the express pass because I want to go as many times as possible towards the beginning to avoid large crowds/long waits rather than waiting to go later in the season. But does anyone know if I could upgrade to FF or FFP after Rush of fear was over? Money isn't really an issue, I'm just trying to find out the best way to get the most days for the money and my schedule and to maximize going earlier in the season rather than later. Sorry if that was confusing! Thanks for y'all's imput! :)

can somebody make a map with everything on it now?

OK well it aint pretty but this is the best I could do at work on my 15 min break without Photoshop. I may have 23 a and b mixed (I tend to) but you get the idea.

map2.png

This might be in the wrong topic to ask but I'm struggling between buying the Rush of Fear and then seeing if I could upgrade later to FF or FFP after... or just buy FF or FFP upfront. I lose a few days doing that vs. Rush of Fear at the beginning but my work schedule varies a lot with morning and evening shifts and I hate for those days that I wouldn't have to be the ones where I'm actually free. On the other hand, I'm definitely not going to buy the express pass because I want to go as many times as possible towards the beginning to avoid large crowds/long waits rather than waiting to go later in the season. But does anyone know if I could upgrade to FF or FFP after Rush of fear was over? Money isn't really an issue, I'm just trying to find out the best way to get the most days for the money and my schedule and to maximize going earlier in the season rather than later. Sorry if that was confusing! Thanks for y'all's imput! :)

I don't see them allowing you to upgrade since you're not going from say a FF to FFP or adding express. The cost for RoF is build on you having access to all 3 weeks including days covered by FF and FFP . Best bet is to just give the sales office a call and find out for sure.

Wow, this year is looking amazing!! I'm really looking forward to the Poe House especially, his works always had an "atmosphere" about them that is perfect for HHN! Saws N' Steam was a fun scarezone last year and it'll be fun to see how it translates as a house this year, and The Thing was a favorite of mine from Carnival of Carnage so I'm glad to see it return, I wonder if it'll use anamatronics this year as well

OK well it aint pretty but this is the best I could do at work on my 15 min break without Photoshop. I may have 23 a and b mixed (I tend to) but you get the idea.

map2.png

Can you host it on www.imgur.com because I can't see it at work?

Fixed. Put on my own site. I've already been told that the SS are wrong... and I see that Winter should be 22 (closest to the bottom) next Thing and then WWI...

So basically move winter to the bottom andscoot the rest up. :)

I'm thinking they will blend into the sets. With the name midnight maze... I'm think dark with possibly so disorienting effect. like a spinning like and fog. then all the scareactors blending into the sets...

As a side (not to derail discussion) I just bought my tickets to HOS on the 24th :P So its HHN on the 23rd, UTH on Sat the 24th morning, followed by HOS at night... busy weekend!

Yep... and they give it away in the description...

Sets or projections depicting a melting city..... nice.

I'm very impressed with the ideas this year. Especially some of the scarezones, like 7 and Nightmaze. I need to pull back on the imagination though so as not to overshadow the reality of what we will be seeing. I can imagine temptresses changing forms all I want but as somone mentioned a while back: "there's no cgi at HHN" lol.

I have to say after 20 years of attendance, initially I was not anything remotely thrilled by the overall concept of this year. I was really surprised at the overall theme decided upon as I figured that the 21st year of this event would be celebrated in some spectacular over the top way.But after the site reveal, I am truly looking forward to this one! The vast majority of the house concepts are incredibly intriguing...the only one that really doesn't excite me much is the Thing since I wasn't thrilled with the previous one. Scare zone wise, I think they all have infinite potential to be incredibly well executed.

Despite my initial dislike of the "luck" concept, I have to say that if my hunches prove correct, this could be an exceptional year in all cases!