HHN XXI Construction

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah that could be anything... need a manual focus but probably wont get that shot again.

there was nothing in that shot worth looking at, it was just for reference, literally right next to that door but i didnt get it in the shot.

Cleaned up the topic a little. Let's please not get sidetracked talking about "Eddie Schmidt's FB page" and stay only on discussion of HHN Construction. Thanks! :)

For Some Reason when i look at the Facade For One of The Sprung Tent i feel like that is going be a Outside Scare when we Exit the House Cause i Remember Last Year with Hallow Past Jack came out and scare People when U exit the House and Same Thing for ZombieGeddon!!!

How about the Diaster que? Allot are talking about every other visable location cept this one just yet. By chance anyone notice any activity going on over there?

Not a thing. At least notthing as of Friday night.

For Some Reason when i look at the Facade For One of The Sprung Tent i feel like that is going be a Outside Scare when we Exit the House Cause i Remember Last Year with Hallow Past Jack came out and scare People when U exit the House and Same Thing for ZombieGeddon!!!

Unlikely, because that would require a scareactor to be standing outside the whole time. The Disaster Queue, while "outside" has a permanent roof over the entire house that protected a "final" scare from the elements. Jack, similarly, never (or rarely) would leave the actual house through the exit for safety issues and his scare was still technically before the exit and inside.

Now, that strange cut just inside what we believe is a facade is throwing people off, but I just remembered something: Nearly every house has a hidden door, accessible from backstage, just inside the exit that is used by VIPs, technicians and managers so they don't have to wait in line or draw attention to the fact they are "cutting." Catacombs's was just inside the entrance to the tent to the left. A scareactor standing at that door that we see (as an outside scare) would be wide open for harassment from anyone standing in a queue and is exposed to the elements that the rest of the house wouldn't be. It's also a lot bigger than your normal boo-door, but a lot similar in estimated size to the "Access" doors.

Nearly every house has a hidden door, accessible from backstage, just inside the exit that is used by VIPs, technicians and managers so they don't have to wait in line or draw attention to the fact they are "cutting." It's also a lot bigger than your normal boo-door, but a lot similar in estimated size to the "Access" doors.

Yep, that's what I have been thinking as well.

How about the Diaster que? Allot are talking about every other visable location cept this one just yet. By chance anyone notice any activity going on over there?

As of yesterday, there was no visible sign of anything going on in Disaster. However I think that house will be one of the last to be built.

Edited by Screamster

I know this is a long shot, but it would be crazy to see them "connect" both the tents for one long maze. This might explain the strange looking "facade" on the usual Exit door of the one tent. Maybe they will create an outdoor wall/hallway that connects both tents together by their exit doors and make an extra long maze.

This would also allow them to use the parade building for 2 houses as rumored while keeping their house count at 8.

Probably not going to happen, but just something interesting to throw out there.

I know this is a long shot, but it would be crazy to see them "connect" both the tents for one long maze. This might explain the strange looking "facade" on the usual Exit door of the one tent. Maybe they will create an outdoor wall/hallway that connects both tents together by their exit doors and make an extra long maze.

This would also allow them to use the parade building for 2 houses as rumored while keeping their house count at 8.

Probably not going to happen, but just something interesting to throw out there.

I had the same crazy thought. But, there is some kind of facade on Sprung 1's normal entrance. I don't think they would have that if it was. But it would be very cool to have a double-long house. Logisically I don't know how that would affect wait times and flow.

I'm just happy to see, from what little we know, that they are breaking out of the typical shell.

If they were going to do a double-long house, why would they build a pathway between the two tents when they have a parade building and soundstages that would be even more effective? Also, why would there be a second facade on Sprung 1?

So I was in the park today and thought I would see this Sprung tent for my self. I sadly could not find a way to see the parade building. I'd post a photo but it wont let me upload from flickr.

You can just post a link to the picture if you like as well.

Guest HHNPicMan

Now i'm just thinking outloud here, so dont get to drastic..... But, is it possible that there will only be two houses in the soundstages this year? Meaning, one less qeue (spelling?) line near the Rockit stage? If two houses go into the parade building, that would take away one house from another location. We already can confirm the houses locations, with the exception of two. Those being, Disaster, b/c nothing has been done there as of today. And, the Sound Stages, b/c we cant physically see if anything is happening inside.

What if we end up not having a third house in a soundstage? That would free up a line infront of the stage. Maybe we will finally get a live act on the stage. Dare I say Midnight Syndicate? Now many people have heard several times that 8 houses is the magical number. Unless we see potentially 9 houses this year, is it possible that houses could be slightly changed this year? After all, we are seeing some different aspects to construction that we have never seen before.

Also, lets not forget, that at the Entertainment Design Forum, the panel was extremely open about how much Harry Potter has added an influx of money into the resort. They said many times that since Harry Potter is bringing in a ton of money, we would be seeing a greater emphasis on special events and such. Need proof of this, just go to the parks this year and see all of the entertainment they have brought back.

As I said before, I'm just thinking here.

But, is it possible that there will only be two houses in the soundstages this year? Meaning, one less qeue (spelling?

See my post on

We have permits for

HHN - B75 - Parade (two actually but one is odd)

HHN - B66 (Jaws queue)

HHN - SS 22

HHN - SS 23A

HHN - SS 23B

HHN - SPRUNG 1

HHN - SPRUNG 2

HHN - B67 (DISASTER OVERFLOW QUE)

All (except the odd ball in the parade building) are progressing. On top of which TJ confirmed to me that houses are in the same place. Now I did not ask him if there were more houses as last year they hit home 8 houses 6 SZ. However, they said this year that is not set in stone. So we COULD have more but I doubt less.

Edited by JWFearman