HHN XXI Construction

I noticed there was a little square set up with those black privacy screens by the exit turnstiles. There were four pillars in there, but I have no idea what those were for. And there is a wall up by the lagoon between New York and San Fran, nothing inside of it though. I went today hoping to catch a glimpse, but nothing. :(

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HHNPicMan

I noticed there was a little square set up with those black privacy screens by the exit turnstiles. There were four pillars in there, but I have no idea what those were for. And there is a wall up by the lagoon between New York and San Fran, nothing inside of it though. I went today hoping to catch a glimpse, but nothing. :(

The black screen by the turnstiles is for renovation of the popcorn booth. The wall by the lagoon is for the continued repair and replacement of the wooden slats that make up the board walk part of the lagoon walkway. That is the last section to be repaired. The other parts have been replaced and or repaired.

I know this is a long shot, but it would be crazy to see them "connect" both the tents for one long maze. This might explain the strange looking "facade" on the usual Exit door of the one tent. Maybe they will create an outdoor wall/hallway that connects both tents together by their exit doors and make an extra long maze.

This would also allow them to use the parade building for 2 houses as rumored while keeping their house count at 8.

Probably not going to happen, but just something interesting to throw out there.

I just wanna throw this out there.

At the Haunt at KSF, they have two mazes, both seperate in theme, that lead into each other. You stand in line for Maze A, which exits directly in front of Maze B's entrance. There's a small gate for those that wish to leave before the second, but there is no way to just get to Maze B.

Now, I'm not a HHN mastermind, but I'm not sure I could see them having one Maze lead directly to another with no queue in between. It my potentially save time in line, but it just don't seem right to me.

I just wanna throw this out there.

At the Haunt at KSF, they have two mazes, both seperate in theme, that lead into each other. You stand in line for Maze A, which exits directly in front of Maze B's entrance. There's a small gate for those that wish to leave before the second, but there is no way to just get to Maze B.

Now, I'm not a HHN mastermind, but I'm not sure I could see them having one Maze lead directly to another with no queue in between. It my potentially save time in line, but it just don't seem right to me.

I don't really like that idea. It actually seems like it'll just result in one big line: people who are mostly interested in B have to stand in the same line as A, which means anyone only interested in A have to deal with all those other people instead of separating them. I don't know how big the crowds are at Knott's, but I don't think they're quite as huge as what Universal Orlando gets (where 2 hour lines are not uncommon on most nights).

Then there's the next problem: what if I HATE A? They're two separate houses, rather than one large one with a consistent theme, so they won't necessarily be of the same quality. I'd be pretty pissed if I had to walk through a stinker every time I wanted to go into B.

Edited by Cody

being a cali resident and experienced this i know how you all may feel

but infact you dont need to go through one just to get to the other,

heres a full video of both mazes and how they connect

if USO was able to connect some of the mazes then there is a possibility of having more than just 8 mazes

I don't really like that idea. It actually seems like it'll just result in one big line: people who are mostly interested in B have to stand in the same line as A, which means anyone only interested in A have to deal with all those other people instead of separating them. I don't know how big the crowds are at Knott's, but I don't think they're quite as huge as what Universal Orlando gets (where 2 hour lines are not uncommon on most nights).

Then there's the next problem: what if I HATE A? They're two separate houses, rather than one large one with a consistent theme, so they won't necessarily be of the same quality. I'd be pretty pissed if I had to walk through a stinker every time I wanted to go into B.

I've always gone early Oct on a sunday, so I always get small crowds. Some lines do get up to an hour and a half, though. And it's been my experience that Maze A is far superior to B, but that might just be me. One thing to consider is also that HHN has many, many more 'conga lines' that KSF has. That may be what allows KSF to do the linked-maze method.

being a cali resident and experienced this i know how you all may feel

but infact you dont need to go through one just to get to the other,

heres a full video of both mazes and how they connect

if USO was able to connect some of the mazes then there is a possibility of having more than just 8 mazes

The character that snarled at the videographer just before he left the house was awesome. Those are some of the best scares when people think they are "in the clear" and a scareactor takes the initiative to provide a strong finish to the house. It may seem like a small thing, but that last second scare can turn a lame or so-so house experiences into a memorable one. That is why I love doing what I do.

See, Universal is quite wary about adding more houses because of the expectations it places on them. Every time they add another house to the count, the public (and ESPECIALLY fans) next year are going to be disappointed to find that they don't have that extra house to look forward to. If they add a new house that's not an upcharge extreme house (and no, it is NOT out of the question), they'll find themselves committed to keeping to 9 houses. I'd expect them to use extra space to either make one extra-long house or an extreme house; even then, I'd picture an extreme house being given its own building instead of trying to share space with a regular maze.

Edit: Don't want to double-post, but I'm 95% certain the playing card decorations from 2008's Asylum in Wonderland will be returning. If they do a scarezone based on the Strip or a deck of cards, you know they'll get whichever of those weren't auctioned off out of storage.

Edited by Cody

Sorry if im a bit late...but do we have any code names for the houses this year??

No, no codenames on the permits this year thus far. Only thing known is one scene/room (I think in a sprung tent, but not positive) is "Rune Room".

Edited by Oysterhead00

No, no codenames on the permits this year thus far. Only thing known is one scene/room (I think in a sprung tent, but not positive) is "Rune Room".

So Runescape eh?? lol jk but by Runes you mean the ancient letters...wow that sounds cool!!! so were looking at a old ancient house

So Runescape eh?? lol jk but by Runes you mean the ancient letters...wow that sounds cool!!! so were looking at a old ancient house

Read through the Speculation (Part 1) thread...LOTS of speculation about what "Runes" mean and stuff. Been a while since I read through all bazillion posts, but I think you'll find some speculation surprising (and some links to Wiki pages).

Read through the Speculation (Part 1) thread...LOTS of speculation about what "Runes" mean and stuff. Been a while since I read through all bazillion posts, but I think you'll find some speculation surprising (and some links to Wiki pages).

When i think runes i imagine old Celtic UK you know bands of Celts standing in circles preforming rituals....idk why but yea

Runes can also be used for magic in general. A common trope in fantasy is the carving of runes (or in some adaptations, merely writing them down) to allow for magic to occur. Even a modern fantasy setting can feature the use of runes as a conduit for magic to be brought into the world.

Runes can also be used for magic in general. A common trope in fantasy is the carving of runes (or in some adaptations, merely writing them down) to allow for magic to occur. Even a modern fantasy setting can feature the use of runes as a conduit for magic to be brought into the world.

so yea celts...i can see a cave like house with runes glowing on the walls

Just curious Cavalry, but when i was looking through your construction photos what was the one of the man in the boat by Jaws doing? o_0

Sorry if im interfering but it looked like he was doing something inside the boat house so either maitenence or examining the enviorment..to see if they could tie halloween into it...

http://s897.photobucket.com/albums/ac179/Cavalry_Const/

all that is new is here, which is not much. there where some interesting things going on at the jaws queu today. I think Legacy has a good idea as to what may be the theme.

and the man in the boat was actually in the lagoon not jaws and has nothing to do with hhn.

I'm still not 100% on my theory. I think the location is too perfect, and it would allow the return of one scare from last year in that area and some other effects from the past... but I'm still not sure.

I'm still not 100% on my theory. I think the location is too perfect, and it would allow the return of one scare from last year in that area and some other effects from the past... but I'm still not sure.

Is this an open theory, or something you're keeping to yourself for now? Catacombs 2?

That's a pretty expansive facade - looks like JAWS might have the pleasantly unexpectedly elaborate facade this year.

I agree on it being to early, I wish i could have just gotten a picture of it. Its just with the bolts along the wall it very along the lines of what you where thinking i believe. I assumer the cargo net is what your talking about ? I think with the idea it would on be the most awesome set piece in jaws queue if done right .