HHN XXI Construction

So I got some info from a friend who has been working inside the houses. Apparently the houses are already about 90% finished. "Most of the set dressings are in place. Some hand props are placed but they're still working on the final touches. After the technicians are done messing up the place they will probably get everything finally put together."

I would assume the Sound Stages, Tents and Parade building are the the furthest along in terms of construction.

Also, the sound stages and parade building are usually the big budget houses. They'll need to work faster and/or earlier to get them done in time for auditions.

I have heard that SS 22 is nearing completion, but that 23A and 23B will be among the last houses finished this year. And all of them will be longer than in previous years.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most likely...but this company works in providing Temporary air conditioner systems,heating, and removal of dust...this dosent say fire to me with those things alone but hey lets see...

Edited by dante

Except it sounds nothing like an Palentological Research Facility.

The first thing that comes to mind is the old EPCOT attraction! But more seriously Horizons indicates a farpoint, a line where the sky meets the sea or land as far away as the vision is able to determine.

One thinks of 'Beyond the Blue horizon' to some fabled Shangri La, or the Event Horizon created by the gravitational force of a Black Hole. And what about the horizon dividing different planes of existence? Between dimensions in space and time, or between different levels of reality. Between the Worlds of the Living and the Dead.

Just what is expected to be extracted from beyond the horizon?

The first thing that comes to mind is the old EPCOT attraction! But more seriously Horizons indicates a farpoint, a line where the sky meets the sea or land as far away as the vision is able to determine.

One thinks of 'Beyond the Blue horizon' to some fabled Shangri La, or the Event Horizon created by the gravitational force of a Black Hole. And what about the horizon dividing different planes of existence? Between dimensions in space and time, or between different levels of reality. Between the Worlds of the Living and the Dead.

You bring up a lot of points, Dr. Jimmy. I just hope they Bring Me The Horizon....

:)

So, I was in the parks yesterday (forgot the camera) and I saw something... interesting... going on in the Jaws que. We were on the boat already, so be prepared to wait in line if you want a picture, but as you cruise by the back of the building you can clearly see some of the construction going on. I managed to make out a giant, rusty, metal tube with holes in it. I'm assuming its one of those dizzy, spinning tunnels, as the holes looked like they were made to be back-lit, for disorientation.

Not sure what the speculation on the theme is, but I thought this might help.

So, I was in the parks yesterday (forgot the camera) and I saw something... interesting... going on in the Jaws que. We were on the boat already, so be prepared to wait in line if you want a picture, but as you cruise by the back of the building you can clearly see some of the construction going on. I managed to make out a giant, rusty, metal tube with holes in it. I'm assuming its one of those dizzy, spinning tunnels, as the holes looked like they were made to be back-lit, for disorientation.

Not sure what the speculation on the theme is, but I thought this might help.

It's probably the same one from Disorientorium in 2004, except rusty.

It's probably the same one from Disorientorium in 2004, except rusty.

Not likely only because the tunnel or vortex as sometimes refered to as is not made out of metal. It is made out of a light weight cylindrical plastic type material. They tell you about it in the HHN Art of the Scare DVD... :)

Not likely only because the tunnel or vortex as sometimes refered to as is not made out of metal. It is made out of a light weight cylindrical plastic type material. They tell you about it in the HHN Art of the Scare DVD... :)

That doesn't mean you can't put fake rust on it.

The "tube" is most definitely made of a synthetic or plastic material. The "rusty" look is called scenic artist magic! It just means the scenic artists did their job well, if you thought it was rusty metal. My wife is a scenic artist and for a show she painted she managed to make green corregated plastic look like corregated sheet metal in 6 different lighting schemes. It's amazing what those artists can do.

When I saw extraction, the first thing that came to my mind was the Graverobber in Repo extracting the Zydrate from the corpses.

i have a question on those pics cavalry posted on Rumors. in the disaster house, the pieces of wood with cutouts on them look either like they have clown faces or deer on them. do you agree or am i blind:/?

I see snowmen with antlers...or some kind of beetle with pinchers....

The other one I see a happy, smiling ink blot / Rorschach test.

I doubt the Vortex tunnel, if it is one, being "Rusty" has anything to do with the theme. Working with a tunnel myself in previous years as a technician, the audience doesn't see the outside of the tube. In this case it either has had camo painted on the outside or more plausibly it is just dirty. Another option about this mystery tunnel could be that it is a giant theatrical light lit from the inside out. But that is just an unlikely possibility.

Edited by Keosilver