HHN XXI Construction

This is for discussion on HHN Construction. Please discuss in a peaceful manner.

*Thread Disclaimer*

Horror Night Nightmares and it's Staff are not responsible for pictures and / or videos taken in construction areas or any other unauthorized area of Universal Orlando Resort or Universal Studio's California. Horror Night Nightmares does not condone this activity, and all pictures and / or video will be removed without warning.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word has it both facade's are already built up for the tent's. I'm sure it's just wood and panels but. If you follow "Eddie" on Facebook he keeps teasing with updates saying construction is ahead of schedule and things are moving reallu quickly. Oh and there's only been 4 casualties to this point of people getting in the way of his saw..lol ;)

Word has it both facade's are already built up for the tent's. I'm sure it's just wood and panels but. If you follow "Eddie" on Facebook he keeps teasing with updates saying construction is ahead of schedule and things are moving reallu quickly. Oh and there's only been 4 casualties to this point of people getting in the way of his saw..lol ;)

AH! I see that!

Well if it is the case, with the complete lack of info, then we needs some photos folks! :) Legal ones of course.

Edited by JWFearman

Apparently, I heard that you can see a facade from the bottom of the Simpsons. If anyone goes by that area real soon, want to take some pictures? :)

Again I question the accuracy of that source. Since when does Eddie work for FAKE productions? But I have heard from those who have been to Universal recently that the facade is already going up and interestingly it seems to be where it normally exits from the tent, rather than where the entrance has usually been located.

Also the black tarps are back up over in the jaws queue so construction will be starting there shortly as well.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

Again I question the accuracy of that source. Since when does Eddie work for FAKE productions? But I have heard from those who have been to Universal recently that the facade is already going up and interestingly it seems to be where it normally exits from the tent, rather than where the entrance has usually been located.

Also the black tarps are back up over in the jaws queue so construction will be starting there shortly as well.

If that's happening to Tent 1, I would wonder if it's going to be the entrance to the museum that turns into the Catacombs (kind of like going through the house backwards...).

While it's possible, that's surprising. Doing something like that would required a complete change in crowd flow, especially considering both sprungs traditionally exit in, essentially, the same spot.

If that's happening to Tent 1, I would wonder if it's going to be the entrance to the museum that turns into the Catacombs (kind of like going through the house backwards...).

While it's possible, that's surprising. Doing something like that would required a complete change in crowd flow, especially considering both sprungs traditionally exit in, essentially, the same spot.

There is a theory over at the HNN affiliated site HHNRumors that the permits may indicate more than one house in the Parade building. This would require a change in the whole queue structure and could be why they want to change the entrance side. But I somewhat doubt that there would be a 9th house in Parade.

There is a theory over at the HNN affiliated site HHNRumors that the permits may indicate more than one house in the Parade building. This would require a change in the whole queue structure and could be why they want to change the entrance side. But I somewhat doubt that there would be a 9th house in Parade.

Doubtful. There were only 8 permits, so there should only be 8 houses. The only way they could pull a trick like that (having 9 houses with 8 permits) would be to have two houses share a wall so that it could classified as a single structure. Do that, however, and you would force technicians and performers to walk around two whole houses in order to navigate around the building (unless there are routes that cut through the house, something I've noticed Universal kind of shying away from.

Doubtful. There were only 8 permits, so there should only be 8 houses. The only way they could pull a trick like that (having 9 houses with 8 permits) would be to have two houses share a wall so that it could classified as a single structure.

Since I am the auther of the stated theory, let me defend it by stating only 7 permits were pulled in 09 and 10. Universal actually has a history of pulling only one permit if two houses are in one location going rather far back. 01 only had 3 permits pulled. Run/Mummy 2 and Terrorland/Pitch Black (Terrorland would be the permit name for ST1) shared permits since they shared a location.

Since I am the auther of the stated theory, let me defend it by stating only 7 permits were pulled in 09 and 10. Universal actually has a history of pulling only one permit if two houses are in one location going rather far back. 01 only had 3 permits pulled. Run/Mummy 2 and Terrorland/Pitch Black (Terrorland would be the permit name for ST1) shared permits since they shared a location.

Oh, okay. I stand corrected then.

I still doubt it, but wouldn't mind seeing it.

A glorious two-path house. Ala Frightanic. It would be -fantastic-

One can dream. wink.gif

Edited by King_K.

Nice so it faces towards the normal queue... that is very confusing as it would then come OUT in the front and where will the line go without interrupting the other house? Unless the high wall is just part of a more elaborate front.

Edited by JWFearman

Nice so it faces towards the normal queue... that is very confusing as it would then come OUT in the front and where will the line go without interrupting the other house? Unless the high wall is just part of a more elaborate front.

Wait, what do you mean just part of a more elaborate front? The high wall is conected to the low walls with the overhead 2x4s. :unsure:

Meaning a facade that you see from the front that masks the exit. It faces the normal queue but the path goes behind the facade and runs into the out for Sprung 1 as well. So it would make no sense to come in that way. IDK it is very confusing why they would build a facade there. I cannot see if there is an actual door in the front but there is definitely an opening where you would normal exit the tents.

Edited by JWFearman

The more I look at that picture the more it looks like the first scare is actually outside the Sprung. Anybody who has been "backstage" in one of the houses would recognize the 18 inch studs and all black painting could see it as what scareactors see.

This is a pretty massive change...

Is this normal or something completely new this year on how they are building that?

This is very different, hence our reactions. Normally that portion of the Sprung tent is used as an exit. Exits do not usually have facades. Since they're building onto the normal "exit" people are confused as to what might be happening. This could become the entrance, a very intricate/large facade, or be a final scare tacked onto the exit? We don't know!