HHN XXI Construction

Ohhh, the cargo net got me thinking. A ship of sorts. Variation of Ship of Screams, or the SS Frightanic. Maybe something to do with undead pirates, maybe just another haunted ship.

Mmm, if I'm at all close, I could totally see that working. Not just the cargo net, which was awesome. The claustrophobic nature of Jaws is perfect for the underbelly of a ship.

EDIT: You also allude to it in this post. Very smart thinking, Legacy.

Edited by Fallow

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not positive... just putting some pieces of what I've heard up against what we're seeing to figure out what matches up. The cargo net and the water do go together perfectly... And fire wouldn't be too out of place with the theme I'm thinking.

I can be completely confident in saying that Catacombs will not be in Jaws.

I'm not sure how Jaws works, but do they use the que line and the exit for the house? What if they reverse the boats and you first ride on the ferry to somewhere and then have the house at the end? Kind of like a pre-show to the house. IDK But this probably should be in speculation, but it was relevant to the conversation here atm.

I'm still not 100% on my theory. I think the location is too perfect, and it would allow the return of one scare from last year in that area and some other effects from the past... but I'm still not sure.

I'm not positive... just putting some pieces of what I've heard up against what we're seeing to figure out what matches up. The cargo net and the water do go together perfectly... And fire wouldn't be too out of place with the theme I'm thinking.

I can be completely confident in saying that Catacombs will not be in Jaws.

So the Jaws queue would lend itself to a "Scare" from last year but would not be catacombs. A theme from last year that could incorporate water, fire, etc would be Saws and Steam but I'm not sure how well it would translate into a house.

Edited by strangeoneout

So the Jaws queue would lend itself to a "Scare" from last year but would not be catacombs. A theme from last year that could incorporate water, fire, etc would be Saws and Steam but I'm not sure how well it would translate into a house.

When I say the return of one scare, a mean a scare. Don't over think that. Jaws won't be Catacombs, and I have no reason to believe it's a returning theme at all. If what I suspect is right, it would be a variation on something we have seen a couple of times in the past (but not recent).

When I say the return of one scare, a mean a scare. Don't over think that. Jaws won't be Catacombs, and I have no reason to believe it's a returning theme at all. If what I suspect is right, it would be a variation on something we have seen a couple of times in the past (but not recent).

Gotcha, when you said scare I assumed you meant scare zone.

I'm not sure how Jaws works, but do they use the que line and the exit for the house? What if they reverse the boats and you first ride on the ferry to somewhere and then have the house at the end? Kind of like a pre-show to the house. IDK But this probably should be in speculation, but it was relevant to the conversation here atm.

While they've done that in 2000 with the guests getting off the train at the end of Earthquake and continuing into a Hell-themed house (making it appear that you died in the earthquake and were sent to Hell), the sheer size of the crowds we have compared to 11 years ago makes this a logistical impossibility. The boats would never be able to run fast enough to prevent the lines from becoming ridiculous; think about how long the line for a house like the Orfanage or Saw got with just a conga line through the house, then increase it by the time spent waiting for the next boat to show up.

Cleaned up the thread. Please keep discussion only pertaining to actual construction, as we have the speculation and wishful thinking topics for other conversations. Thanks.

Went there yesterday, there were many Penske trucks around the sound stages and the tents. Not sure if it was for props, but they were blocking the view of absolutely everything. Though there does look like the facade has started in the disaster que.

Since house construction started early I'm sure we'll see street props appearing sooner than expected. Hasn't street construction started pre-Rock the Universe the past year or two?

It surely did last year; I remember discussion that many of the props in 20 Years of Fear had to be covered up for the Rock the Universe event.

So I got some info from a friend who has been working inside the houses. Apparently the houses are already about 90% finished. "Most of the set dressings are in place. Some hand props are placed but they're still working on the final touches. After the technicians are done messing up the place they will probably get everything finally put together."

So I got some info from a friend who has been working inside the houses. Apparently the houses are already about 90% finished. "Most of the set dressings are in place. Some hand props are placed but they're still working on the final touches. After the technicians are done messing up the place they will probably get everything finally put together."

so i take it with the pace that the construction is goign that the hosues will be done by the time Rock the universe happens??

so i take it with the pace that the construction is goign that the hosues will be done by the time Rock the universe happens??

I dont think all of the houses are that far along, just some of them. Because when you walk by Disaster you dont see that much completed, so Im assuming its the more covered houses that are further along.

I would assume the Sound Stages, Tents and Parade building are the the furthest along in terms of construction.

Sine they are more closed and the public cant see them they probably work at a faster pace as opposed to the others that they know people are always passing by and taking pictures..

Also, the sound stages and parade building are usually the big budget houses. They'll need to work faster and/or earlier to get them done in time for auditions.

Also them being the most expensive they get it done quickly in order to prevent the piling up of costs that they would cost and be able to put it into other houses