HHN XXI Construction

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a bit odd that the tree wasn't decorated inside the house...I don't know.

I'd almost venture a guess that it's possibly sitting outside a window or something, like we'd be out side of a house during christmas at that point. Or maybe it's pre-decorated (i.e. out of box, permanent decorations) where all trimmings remain in place so they don't have to decorate it every time they use it, and they just haven't brought it in yet.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread is intended for construction updates and discussion on currect construction. Please only post in regards to actual construction and not assumptions on when construction will start. Any speculation should be posted in the Speculation thread.

Guest HHNPicMan

This is a construction update.

The bus stop from the area where the Christmas tree is usually placed has been removed. This area is in front of Twister and Mummy. The bust stops structure was moved to an area beside the sound stages. While this does not signal physical prop construction, it does signal that something will be happening in that area.

Also, many of the posters that normally adorn the wall in Sting Alley, have been completely removed. Today, all that remaied were the wodden crates that are normally on the loading docks, and the brick walls. While this does not mean that it will be used for HHN, it does show us one of two things. First, they are replacing the posters, or, they are preping the area for some sort of event.

This is a construction update.

The bus stop from the area where the Christmas tree is usually placed has been removed. This area is in front of Twister and Mummy. The bust stops structure was moved to an area beside the sound stages. While this does not signal physical prop construction, it does signal that something will be happening in that area.

Also, many of the posters that normally adorn the wall in Sting Alley, have been completely removed. Today, all that remaied were the wodden crates that are normally on the loading docks, and the brick walls. While this does not mean that it will be used for HHN, it does show us one of two things. First, they are replacing the posters, or, they are preping the area for some sort of event.

or there in the early stages of SZ production already. house constuction started a few weeks earlier than usual this year, so maybe SZ will as well?

or there in the early stages of SZ production already. house constuction started a few weeks earlier than usual this year, so maybe SZ will as well?

That's what i was thinking..But like HHNPICMAN said it could or could not have to do with HHN at all.

Santa's Workshop.

Michael Jackson's bedroom...

Too soon? That clown doll is pretty creepy though.

In all seriousness, I think it's pretty cool how Uni are using these "fake" sneaks to hopefully thwart the real sneakers. Another testament to the power of Social Media!

Guest HHNPicMan

Ladies and gentleman.... Street construction has started!!!

Anyones guess what it could be, but, at least we know something is happening.

I guess this now proves that we will be having a scarezone in the New York area. There is also another tower located between the Rockit loop, and the Mummy Stage. Still nothing is present in Sting Alley. But, I bet its just a matter of days untill we begin seeing some big changes. Also, nothing else has been placed out in the park.

6050229260_c4f5ab7ffe_z.jpg

6049679207_9a80c53cb0_z.jpg

I guess this now proves that we will be having a scarezone in the New York area. There is also another tower located between the Rockit loop, and the Mummy Stage. Still nothing is present in Sting Alley. But, I bet its just a matter of days untill we begin seeing some big changes. Also, nothing else has been placed out in the park.

wow. Last year when the lighting structures went up on August 27, it was to my knowledge the earliest street construction ever, I certainly would never have anticipated anything going up earlier than that! Previously we never saw anything like this before September.

I can only guess, that this might mean scarezones will be even more elaborate and detailed than in recent years to require such additional time for construction. This bodes well, and makes me all the more anxious in my anticipation of HHN 21!!!

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Looks like something someone will be standing on maybe?

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Looks like something someone will be standing on maybe?

It could be anything. It could be just something to put lights on. It could be somewhere to put foam machines like they did at IoA. (I highly doubt it, but here's a pic if you want to refresh your memory.) It could be something they're going to build around to make look like a castle. I could go on and on...

Guest HHNPicMan

Where exactly is this scaffolding? Is it where the bus stop normally is?

Yes, its infront of the Macy's store. Where the really big Christmas tree stands each year. There is also another piece/set of scalfolding sitting behind the stop light across from the bus station area. Where the fake subway entrance is. I will say, from looking at it, I noticed that there is/are safety gates on each level. Possibly going to support people each night. I doubt its simply for scenery, because it is quite huge. Its bigger than the picture does it justice.

Whaddayaknow both house & street construction started early this year. Who'da thunk it?

Seems like the New York area will be back in true form. A&D most likely moved the San Francisco zone from last year to add to New York.

I'm surprised my account is still here. I guess you guys love me. B)

Whaddayaknow both house & street construction started early this year. Who'da thunk it?

Seems like the New York area will be back in true form. A&D most likely moved the San Francisco zone from last year to add to New York.

Of course we love you Mike!

And I must give you full credit for being spot-on for street construction beginning "any day now" as you said last week!

I was going to say...I came back only to see that you left. Glad to see you are still around!

I am really happy to see that street construction has begun. In the past, I've almost enjoyed the anticipation of the event more than the event itself! (depending on the year)

I just wish I could get out to the park to take some pictures and see things for myself as construction heightens. Alas, thanks for the pics, guys.