HHN XXI Construction

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, putting together some free time and my awful "photoshop" skills, here is what I believe we are looking at:

KT9zM.jpg

The yellow line represents the angle along which the photo was taken. Am I close Cavalry?

yup that just about where i was. except i was at the exit ramp for simpsons.

Edited by Cavalry

I visited the parks on Wednesday, here's a few pictures for you guys. All pictures were taken from guest accessible areas.

(Click on the thumbnails for really large versions)

img3409o.th.jpg

img3411p.th.jpg

img3412u.th.jpg

Also, we have proof that construction is about to begin in the Jaws queue!

img3408w.jpg

Edited by Jumboshrmp

Ok so that first pic is sprung 1 I'm assuming? that is the main in door correct?

Also that facade for Sprung 2 almost seems to wrap around... like a portion is outside of the tent?

the 3rd looks likes a rock column (notice the rock or black color at the base) it is definitely square with a lip at top and bottom.

edit: correction... the pillar looks square in the back and semi-circle in the front. It appears to be the back of it.

Edited by JWFearman

The first picture is the Cats n Combs/Chucky tent, and the second pic is the spawning/Havoc tent. I can never get the names right on tent 1 and tent 2. Also the picture was taken from the simpsons building, if that helps

Edited by Jumboshrmp

Does anyone else think that the construction seen at Sprung 2 seems very modest for a maze entrance/facade?

I don't doubt Universal's ability to make a good facade. Not every house needs a Legendary Truth-style bed & breakfast. They could easily add much more on to it; remember that we're only looking at the absolute minimum of construction here.

I don't doubt Universal's ability to make a good facade. Not every house needs a Legendary Truth-style bed & breakfast. They could easily add much more on to it; remember that we're only looking at the absolute minimum of construction here.

Calm down there buddy. I was just making an observation. I don't doubt their "abilities".

Yeah it seems very small. Looks more like a actor entrance if it weren't for the big black panel. However the facade having been less elaborate since '06. Full on Norman bates hotel to a tent with some scaffolding, to reused pieces of the terra throne, to a chucky box, and finally black plastic and scaffolding.

I went tonight to the BHN/Universal party.. all this is easily seen from the Simpsons queue. They had a semi backed up to the door in Sprung 1.

Edited by JWFearman

I'm amazed they've really started the facades on the tent houses this earlier. The tents are notorious for being one of the last facades to be finished entirely. I can only imagine what's going on behind the scenes in the soundstages.

Guest HHNPicMan

I do recall over on the Rumors site that a rumor was posted about houses being placed in different location this year. While I have absolutely no idea if that is true, could it be so? Maybe we are looking at 2 houses in the parade building, like what was talked about earlier. Would that possibly mean that we either get a 9th house, or are they taking away a Sound Stage house location?

The whole facade location, if it is a facade, is interesting to say the least. My excitement is definitely building rapidly.

If it is two houses, the cast entrance would definitely be the side door. One of the two front doors (with the facade) would have to be the exit for "Parade 1." Two houses build in a "narrow" form really constricts the layout and could cause problems for cast changes.

Since we already have three facades being built, someone needs to just to the backside of the parade building and see if anything is going up there.

Two houses build in a "narrow" form really constricts the layout and could cause problems for cast changes.

Since we already have three facades being built, someone needs to just to the backside of the parade building and see if anything is going up there.

Good point, and getting to the backside of the Parade building is easier said than done. :)

Edited by BruinsFan