HHN XXI Speculation

Mark M.

Take Belasco's statements with salt if you must, but the evidence clearly shows that he knew all the names and details of every scarezone and house last year as well as the FEAR Icon months before they were announced. He could have only got this info if he were a member of A&D or has direct communication with a member of A&D.

For reasons of my own, I strongly suspect he is a member of A&D and I even have a good idea of which one. But I will not post my suspicions here.

Of all the HHN sources, I do take Emeric's insight as the most valid. However, HHN has a history of changing things mid-course, even as late as September. True, that is generally an exception but it still means that speculation from February doesn't mean a great deal. That's where my hesitance comes from. A lot can happen in eight months. I'll even admit, I can always say, "Look! There are dead/dying characters at the event! Death is there," even if the Icon turns into a Janitor who carries the Keys to Fear. (Obviously, I won't. I expect a personification of Death. It might not be the Grim Reaper, but rather more a of a "Joe Black" type character. Shoot, Cindy might even be recruited as a new Reaper, ala Dead Like Me.)

Speculating vague clues invites rampant and inaccurate rumors. It's not a bad thing. It's actually quite fun. It does invite disappointment though.

I have to agree with the majority here: I'm going to believe Emeric before anybody else simply because I know him to be honest. This doesnt mean I'm going to be dismissing any other ideas. This early in the game, all we have is speculation. Hell, we could end up having a weird Jack/Chance baby as our icon this year!

(Oh Lord, please no...)

Legacy, I like your idea of Cindy as a grim reaper sort. Will it come to pass? Time will tell. All I know is that I would really like to see a female icon this year. I think HHN is seriously lacking in the femme fatal department (minus mary and cindy of course. Whether or not you would like to count someone like Chance is entirely up to you.) I just think it's time for a badass, ferocious female :P

I find it extraordinarily likely that Emeric is an A&D member. Why?

Because A&D members have given us hints and even behind the scenes construction photos in the past, which we believed to have been taken by someone sneaking backstage and risking arrest. I will not say who this person was, but all of you know his name and what he has been involved in recently.

Guest FL Universal Jax

I know this is the speculation thread, but I just wanted to drop in a link for a cool story that gives insight into where the name Emeric Belasco comes from.

http://www.codelphia.com/aesgaard41/belascohouse.html

Whether or not it's true is irrelevant. Simply put the story is cool and intriguing! Chances are whoever the real person is, they know of this story and therefore use the name as a sort of inside joke persay.

As far as speculation goes, it is never to early to speculate. However, as many others have stated, nothing is ever truly final with HHN. There have been multiple years when entire scarezones have been changed due to the need arising. For example, last year, the 20 years of Fear scarezone. The only reason that the scarezone was created was because of the commercial that was produced was so well recieved that they felt that people would actually want to see the warehouse.

I know this is the speculation thread, but I just wanted to drop in a link for a cool story that gives insight into where the name Emeric Belasco comes from.

http://www.codelphia.com/aesgaard41/belascohouse.html

Whether or not it's true is irrelevant. Simply put the story is cool and intriguing! Chances are whoever the real person is, they know of this story and therefore use the name as a sort of inside joke persay.

That is the story of Hell house. I've always thought of it as a work of fiction. It is a classic horror story that has spawned and inspired many a horror movie. In fact, the picture Mr. Belasco uses is from the cover of Hell House. I always figured the guy was just a huge fan :P

Edited by JWFearman

That is the story of Hell house. I've always thought of it as a work of fiction. It is a classic horror story that has spawned and inspired many a horror movie. In fact, the picture Mr. Belasco uses is from the cover of Hell House. I always figured the guy was just a huge fan :P

Oh, it is fiction. The site is all about fictional haunted houses, down to the Overlook and Collinwood. It's a neat site, tho, and makes for excellent goofing off fodder.

Belasco is a huge fan, indeed! My first comment to him was in response to his name, back on The Vault. I love that book, too; it's my favorite from Matheson and possibly my all time favorite haunted house story (Shirley Jackson and Henry James being the main competitors). I believe a house from that story in particular would be an excellent choice for any haunted attraction; there's drugs, sex, murder, and a couple of truly terrifying moments in those pages, what else do you need???

Mae

The "Death Icon" rumor is based on the account told by scareactors in Catacombs: Black Death Rising that they were told by their supervisors that there was a clue to HHN XXI in their house.

Apparently some have speculated on an inscription in Latin somewhere in the house about death. (if anybody has a photograph of this, or a transcription of the exact statement in Latin please post it)

But, I wonder if this inscription IS the mysterious clue? There were many small signs all throughout the queue area and in certain rooms of the house (which had a bit of a museum exhibit flavor) which might have contained a clue. (again if anybody has photos or transcriptions of any of these please post)

Then there is also this:

IMG_2110.jpg

The sign that was posted above the entranceway of the house.

The Innocent. That sounds like a name that could be an Icon.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

ok... just throwin this out there.... i for one would like to see... how do i put this politically correct... an icon af different ethnicity. blck, spanish, russian, anything really.... just think it would be cool. like if they do use the whole thimg they did in catacombs that would be the ish! dont post much, but figured that was worth it... correct me if im wrong lol

I'd always thought a voodoo houngan might make for a great Icon. I think people have mentioned it in past speculation, but it's still a great idea. Wouldn't you love to see a twisted, evil version of that Universal Mardi Gras billboard guy, releasing his throng of possessed people and/or zombies on an unsuspecting populace?

I think the best thing Universal could do would be to take something from an urban tale and twist it in to something of their own. HHN 18 had so much success because the icon was publicly recognized already. Universal is extremely creative, so taking another legend and making it horrifying wouldn't be impossible if they could surpass the legality issues. For instance, the boogeyman could be terrifying if done right... Just my two cents

I just saw that rumor on another site. It's interesting to say the least.

Yeah, it's also on Screamscape, which links a blog as its source. On the blog, they talk about how it's been "boarded up" and is now being scouted for a year-round Halloween haunt, I personally don't see it happening.

I'm trying to remember what the final plaque said. I think it was something along the lines of remembering the past or discovering the past or something like that.

PLEASE DO NOT TAKE MY TERRIBLE MEMORY AS A CLUE!

The final plaque is where I pulled the "Death" icon speculation from directly. It starts off with what's in my signature, "Mankind has always been intrigued by Death." I'm a grammar guy, and capitalizing "Death" like they did leads to a personification of the concept, like Fear and Fate.

I think the best thing Universal could do would be to take something from an urban tale and twist it in to something of their own. HHN 18 had so much success because the icon was publicly recognized already. Universal is extremely creative, so taking another legend and making it horrifying wouldn't be impossible if they could surpass the legality issues. For instance, the boogeyman could be terrifying if done right... Just my two cents

Being so close to the kiddie area of the park, highly doubtful. Now if it was rumored for the former Murder She Wrote/Hercules, Xena building, that could be plausible.

I have nothing to confirm this, but I do remember hearing once that the Hercules/Xena building is, in fact, condemned.

I've never heard anything about the Hard Rock building's condition, but it's been unused for a LONG time. Unless it's been maintained consistently (which is doubtful if it was unused), I would think it would require a lot of work to get it back into usable-by-Guest conditions. I would take this story with a very large grain of salt.

So Legacy, what you are saying is they would try to make Death and actual character like they did with Fear instead of using a Grim Reaper to represent Death? Hmmm....

That's my prediction. Part of me sees Cindy coming back as a female representation of Death, but that's just my gut.

And Herc/Xena is condemned. They used in 2004 with the icon house ("Horror Nights Nightmares" if I remember correctly), but nothing since. I could definitely see the old Hard Rock being used. From my understanding, it's still in really good shape.